As the title states chaps, I am at the stage now in which i am ready to purchase all Software licenses and begin my setup of my BES+PGP server.

Basically what i have gathered so far is that i will need the following, And i want any respectable answers.

>. 2 x Windows Servers R2 ( BES x1 - Exchange x 1 )
    >. 1 x Linux Server ( Universal PGP Server )
    >. 1 x BES License
    >. 20 x PGP Support package ( Is this per handset or one time purchase )
    >. 20 x BES CAL ( First BES purchase already comes with 20 CAL's )
    >. 20 x PGP CAL's
    >. 1 x Microsoft Exchange License
    >. 20 x Mirco Exchange CAL's

So that's it for 20 handsets. If anyone can add something with confidence it would be greatly appreciated, Again if you are not sure about this with all respect please do not answer and add to my already Symantec induced confusion.

By the way, I have read that i only need to buy 1 x PGP support desktop ? To create the keys... I'm not sure how stupid that sounds but to give you a broader idea i am only going to be strictly using these for blackberry users.
    04-12-13 09:58 PM
    As the title states chaps, I am at the stage now in which i am ready to purchase all Software licenses and begin my setup of my BES+PGP server.

Basically what i have gathered so far is that i will need the following, And i want any respectable answers.

>. 1 x BES License
    >. 20 x PGP CAL's

So that's it for 20 handsets. If anyone can add something with confidence it would be greatly appreciated, Again if you are not sure about this with all respect please do not answer and add to my already Symantec induced confusion.

By the way, I have read that i only need to buy 1 x PGP support desktop ? To create the keys... I'm not sure how stupid that sounds but to give you a broader idea i am only going to be strictly using these for blackberry users.
    Did you know BES Express is still free for up to 75 users?
    04-12-13 10:36 PM
    Hello Mkelly I did know that ! , However i also know that it is highly limited in it's IT Policy feature !. And even if i did use Express i would still need someone to confirm the details about PGP etc.

Have you setup a integrated Server of BES(x) & PGP Before ?
    04-12-13 11:03 PM
    Hello Mkelly I did know that ! , However i also know that it is highly limited in it's IT Policy feature !. And even if i did use Express i would still need someone to confirm the details about PGP etc.

Have you setup a integrated Server of BES(x) & PGP Before ?
    I don't know about highly limited. It has over 75 policies for BESX. How many do you need for 20 users? I have never used PGP with BES but it's a simple IT policy rule and setting up the BlackBerry MDS. Nothing complicated. I avoid Symantec Endpoint products like the plague. Also I would look into running Exchange and BES virtualized.
    04-13-13 04:36 AM
    Just an update Mkelly,

You seem to be quite correct ! I have discovered your claims in regards to Virtualization are so so true. The cost savings are crazy. Does BESX support the IT policy ( No calls/Txt messages/Internet browsing ) ?

Also have you got a stable running VM environment with the whole BESX setup ? I can see that RIM do not specifically support this
    04-13-13 05:13 AM
    Just an update Mkelly,

You seem to be quite correct ! I have discovered your claims in regards to Virtualization are so so true. The cost savings are crazy. Does BESX support the IT policy ( No calls/Txt messages/Internet browsing ) ?

Also have you got a stable running VM environment with the whole BESX setup ? I can see that RIM do not specifically support this
    Yes it does support those policies.
    I have been running Exchange and BESX virtualized since 2007 with no issues. I am also running BES10 virtualized until I get all users off of Pre BB10 devices. Then BESX goes away. Never had any issues with them virtualized using Microsoft Hyper V and App V. You can go to the BlackBerry Website and download a PDF of all of the policies available in BESX.
    04-13-13 10:31 AM
    Have you finished the set up, interested in helping...
    06-07-13 06:46 AM
    Yes it does support those policies.
    I have been running Exchange and BESX virtualized since 2007 with no issues. I am also running BES10 virtualized until I get all users off of Pre BB10 devices. Then BESX goes away. Never had any issues with them virtualized using Microsoft Hyper V and App V. You can go to the BlackBerry Website and download a PDF of all of the policies available in BESX.
    I'm running PGP with BESx and you cannot block the web browser through IT Policy
    06-17-13 08:00 PM
    Have you finished the set up, interested in helping...
    are you still interested in helping?
    09-10-13 01:12 PM
    I have the same problem myself.
    Are you done with your set up?

>. 1 x BES License
    >. 20 x PGP CAL's

09-10-13 01:22 PM
    Contact me. This is what my company does. Google my CB handle if interested in help.

Zezel.com - Mobile: Monitor. Manage.
    09-10-13 03:18 PM
    Contact me. This is what my company does. Google my CB handle if interested in help.

Zezel.com - Mobile: Monitor. Manage.
    PMed here, and on FB page.
    09-20-13 10:42 AM