The side load apps are just a little leggy and im wondering if it would help if they did?
    04-12-13 09:23 PM
    Soon�

Pro Tip: press and hold the T button to get the �.
    04-12-13 09:25 PM
    This is the Instagram hold up......

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:05 PM
    I think it would ultimately help. Most consumers don't care if it is android or native, they will just judge based on overall performance.

Posted via CB10
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    04-12-13 11:20 PM
    Not for a while. We will find out more at BlackBerry Live and BlackBerry Jam next month.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:01 AM
    I don't think it will come soon... bought the wrong phone will sell off the bb10

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:06 AM
    Hopefully sooner rather than later. All we have right now is "Sometime this year ".

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:19 AM
    Odds are that it will be part of 10.2 since it doesn't seem to be part of 10.1.
    04-13-13 05:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    if thats what they are waiting for then maybe they should just build a native app, the same with Skype, if they are trying to make the Android port work flawlessly on BB10 then why the **** don't they just build a native app it'll take the same amount of time.

seriouslly these ****ign developers are god damn lazy as ****
    04-13-13 01:01 PM
    It is starting to sound like an urban legend...

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:03 PM
    seriouslly these ****ign developers are god damn lazy as ****
    Have you ever developed software? I develop custom software at my company. It is MUCH simpler to work out bugs in a large application than to start from scratch. When a project is too large it can be extremely time and resource consuming to make sure that everything is recreated on the new platform.

Developers don't just wave a magic wand and it works. Many, MANY hours are put into these FREE services for you. Back off and let them work.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:10 PM
    It's been under "planning" status for a while now. But I would say a few months after BlackBerry World, so maybe around July/August time.
    When will BlackBerry update to android jellybean 4.1 on BlackBerry 10?-jb-bb10.jpg
    04-13-13 03:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Instagram requires Android 2.2 to run, and BB haven't said anything about them needing the 4.1 runtime to make the port.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...0uYW5kcm9pZCJd
    schmeat likes this.
    04-13-13 03:13 PM
    Many people don't realize that upgrading the runtime environment won't really do anything to resolve the lag/sluggish issues. It's not a fault of the version, it's the inherent nature of doubling resources to run two operating systems.

Upgrading to Jellybean won't do squat.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via TapaTalk.
    04-13-13 04:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    No. No it's not.

FocusedBerry and erodenero like this.
    04-13-13 04:26 PM
    Many people don't realize that upgrading the runtime environment won't really do anything to resolve the lag/sluggish issues. It's not a fault of the version, it's the inherent nature of doubling resources to run two operating systems.

Not to mention that Android as an OS operates within a Dalvik Virtual Machine and thus requires a fair amount of resources to run apps. Before dual core processors and 1GB RAM phones, Android devices weren't particularly enjoyable to use. But that's old news now, most premium phones released after summer 2011 don't really have lag issues anymore.
    04-13-13 05:39 PM

While I agree it's unrealistic to expect the Jelly Bean 4.1 runtime to be as good as native or Cascade apps, I think it's safe to say it will improve noticably over the Gingerbread 2.3 runtime. Isn't "Project Butter" part of Jelly Bean which improves graphical performances and raises the frame rate for a smoother experience? I guess it all depends on how BlackBerry implements this new runtime.
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    04-13-13 05:40 PM
    While I agree it's unrealistic to expect the Jelly Bean 4.1 runtime to be as good as native or Cascade apps, I think it's safe to say it will improve noticably over the Gingerbread 2.3 runtime. Isn't "Project Butter" part of Jelly Bean which improves graphical performances and raises the frame rate for a smoother experience? I guess it all depends on how BlackBerry implements this new runtime.
    The incorporation of utilizing the GPU for the UI (which is what Project Butter was... same as BB's usage of the term Liquid Graphics) will really only be noticeable natively on Android devices. To utilize it in BB's runtime of Android, you'll still run into the same shortcoming... sharing resources. Even if the BB10 runtime is developed to support it... the advantage will still be bottlenecked at the CPU.

Realistically, the only benefit of upgrading the runtime to Jellybean, is that it will accommodate the Android player to support apps that aren't compatible with with older versions of Android. The performance difference will be negligible.
    04-13-13 06:46 PM
    When will BlackBerry update to android jellybean 4.1 on BlackBerry 10?-img_00000172.png

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    ADRENALIN101 likes this.
    04-13-13 06:49 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000172.png 
Views:	1439 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	150938

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    And there you have it, folks
    04-13-13 06:57 PM
    The incorporation of utilizing the GPU for the UI (which is what Project Butter was... same as BB's usage of the term Liquid Graphics) will really only be noticeable natively on Android devices. To utilize it in BB's runtime of Android, you'll still run into the same shortcoming... sharing resources. Even if the BB10 runtime is developed to support it... the advantage will still be bottlenecked at the CPU.

Realistically, the only benefit of upgrading the runtime to Jellybean, is that it will accommodate the Android player to support apps that aren't compatible with with older versions of Android. The performance difference will be negligible.
    The problem with gingerbread is that it is not multicore enabled. That itself should show a lot of improvement when they move to jellybean
    04-13-13 07:01 PM
    And there you have it, folks
    Wasn't it generally known that 10.1 wouldn't have Jelly Bean runtime?
    rnhld and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-13-13 07:43 PM
    I must have not checked CB that day lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:56 PM
    Sony tablet s gets jellybean end of april. We have been waiting for it for awhile now
    04-13-13 09:21 PM
    Yes. It's really all about Q10 support.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:32 PM
40 12