I can remember in late 2008 ,shoehorning Android onto my Samsung Omnia that was running Windows Mobile. I loved Windows Mobile, but Android was new and exciting. Over the next several years I wandered around the development scene and even Co founded the sevenplusandroid development team and helped to release a suite of apps. But for the last year or so my love has faded. Flashing the same old software on slightly different hardware wasn't doing it for me anymore.

I returned to Windows, but by this time it was WP7. I helped with a few security exploits for the Verizon community and was able to help get existing exploits on our Trophies. But WP7 was still lacking any real excitement. I of course got a WP8 HTC 8X on launch and love it. It's effortless, fast, and efficient...but I still don't have any real excitement.

I have had my Z10 for less than a week, but that excitement that I felt when I first booted android is already budding. I love being a part of something where we can be excited for releases and bug fixes and new exploits. As opposed to having a two or three day app binge on Android or iOS and being bored to tears after the initial rush has worn off.

I compiled my first BB10 app last night for my brothers website. I am submitting my ID this evening to the vendor team so I can hit the market. This is the most fun I have had in a while with a new device, and the community here is equally enjoyable. You guys are - for the most part - educated and passionate for the product.

I look forward to spending many months with this OS and you fine people.

I do believe BB10 is my new Android...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:44 PM
    Glad to hear it. Thanks for the read. I hope to download some of your apps.
    04-12-13 02:48 PM
    Good to hear! Maybe you'd like to create us fine folks a Torrent app? ;;-)
    04-12-13 02:49 PM
    Cool we need more developers like yourself on board.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-12-13 02:53 PM
    Great post. I feel the same way.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:55 PM
    Anticipation is making it great!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:02 PM
    Great post. I feel the same way.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome aboard, I hope to use one of your apps.
    04-12-13 03:02 PM
    I feel the same about in terms of being a part of the excitement.

Glad to have another developer such as you aboard the BB train, again. Hopefully, the Z10 and upcoming models will bring more developers onboard. Toot toot.
    04-12-13 03:15 PM
    Thanks for sharing. It is refreshing to see these threads compared to a lot here.

I too enjoy being part of updates. I think it keeps things exciting.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-12-13 03:19 PM
    Yes, shower us with your compliments!

Good to have passionate devs like you on board
    04-12-13 03:24 PM
    That's what I'm talking about

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:30 PM
    Mmmm updates

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-12-13 03:34 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=786388 lots of ideas to keep you busy

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-12-13 03:36 PM
    Mmmm updates

Do all the trolls congress en mass at crackberry or something? You don't see me trolling imore, Android Central.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-12-13 03:38 PM
    Do all the trolls congress en mass at crackberry or something? You don't see me trolling imore, Android Central.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Eh? Lmao what are you on about? I was replying to something ErinnM said... I should have quoted her but even though I haven't I have no idea what the hell you're getting at? What exactly is your paranoid mind conjuring up as an insult implicit in what I said?

04-12-13 03:40 PM
    What kind of apps are you developing? I hope they are good apps so that I can download into my Z10.
    04-12-13 03:43 PM
    You're insinuating that we don't get updates. I thought you were trolling if you weren't disregard my statement.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-12-13 03:43 PM
    Good to hear! Maybe you'd like to create us fine folks a Torrent app? ;;-)
    Sadly he won't be able to keep it on BB World long then The first torrent app got submitted, but then removed after a couple of hours as BB said that they can't accept torrent apps
    04-12-13 03:50 PM
    You're insinuating that we don't get updates. I thought you were trolling if you weren't disregard my statement.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    No I was saying it like Homer does when he sees a doughnut lol. I just love my BlackBerry updates. I'm obsessed with them. Chill

04-12-13 04:01 PM
    04-12-13 04:02 PM
    Sadly he won't be able to keep it on BB World long then The first torrent app got submitted, but then removed after a couple of hours as BB said that they can't accept torrent apps
    Really? That's a bummer. Surprised that he didn't release it for people to side load. That's a lot of work for nothing.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    04-12-13 04:03 PM
    Thanked and liked and deserved for a great post.
    04-12-13 05:04 PM
    Thanked and liked and deserved for a great post.
    Same!

I applaud the OPs passion and excitement. And I appreciate the post as it gives me more hope that more and more developers will start to see CrackBerry Nation as a full on user base that really want quality applications.

To the OP, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and welcome to the community!!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 05:22 PM