I want to know your opinion, if you had been owner of 9900/Torch or other physical keyboards blackberry
    do you feel lazier answering long emails using the z10 ? or do you feel much faster ?
    How about heavy texting ? like more than 100 txt msg a day, it feels better? more productive ? replying bbm msg, whatsapp and those sorts

I am an 9810 user, before I had an 9800 which it got damaged by humidity, so I upgraded with no choice to the 9810, and I didn't bought the 9900 because of autofocus, but I did use my friend's 9900 for a couple days and the keyboard is AMAZING that I wanted to get it

That's what I want to know before deciding on q10 and z10
    If I can get access to vpn, i'll get the z10, but if not, and it is hard, ill take the q10

I'm more of a chat/email user to put all the things here blindly, but If I do have the option for a bigger screen, and almost same keyboard, ill take the z10, i played it a bit, and the autocorrect worked well on spanish, but i dont know how well it works when im typing on two(three languages)
    Extra Question:... does the white z10 gets dirty easily ?
    Last edited by lurkerzz; 04-12-13 at 12:39 PM.
    04-12-13 12:09 PM
    My thumbs feel better on the Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:14 PM
    I can type much faster on the z10 then on a physical keyboard, I would say that I make a similar amount of mistakes, but that it is MUCH more time consuming to fix those mistakes. Also, on my 9930 I never needed to look at the keys while typing, whereas on the Z10 I find myself looking at the keyboard more, so I fail to notice mistakes more often.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:20 PM
    This us the reason why I'm considering getting a Q10 as well.
    Although I've adapted to the virtual keyboard, u can still type faster and more accurately on a physical one.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:23 PM
    I actually look forward to getting long emails and texts as it gives me more chances to play with my z10 and its keyboard.

Before i got the z10 i had the 9900 and i loved typing on that too but now after a mth or so of owning the Z10...i have to say i prefer the z10.
    bros3n likes this.
    04-12-13 12:26 PM
    good to get 4 answer so fast when i went for a smoke ! thanks guys
    when i used my friends z10, i could type when looking at the screen, but i couldn't totally type when absolutely NOT looking at the phone...

About the long emails, still needing input... text msg is normal, might be tolerable, but long email on a phone, and in touchscreen, is different... im using skype on the ipad, but the long sentences makes me uhh..
    04-12-13 12:44 PM
    I am lazier with my messages on the Z10 than what I was with the Bold 9900. Fixing mistakes on the Z10 is way more time consuming than it was on the bold (which I barely made mistakes on anyways).
    04-12-13 12:48 PM
    more time consuming in what way ?, so in a way, you're not satisfied handling emails with the z10?
    04-12-13 01:32 PM
    good to get 4 answer so fast when i went for a smoke ! thanks guys
    when i used my friends z10, i could type when looking at the screen, but i couldn't totally type when absolutely NOT looking at the phone...

About the long emails, still needing input... text msg is normal, might be tolerable, but long email on a phone, and in touchscreen, is different... im using skype on the ipad, but the long sentences makes me uhh..
    I would have to say I came from 9700 to 9800 to 9860 to Z10 and now I find my self replying more on my Z10 then I did on all the other phones. Even longer emails i find are really easy to knock out quickly on my Z10. I use my phone mostly for work so I get emails almost every few mins and have to reply no matter where I am so having the Z10's keyboard work so flawlessly makes my job that much more enjoyable since it is all done from my Blackberry Z10 I also BBM and Txt a lot from this phone but those arent usually as long as some of my emails
    04-12-13 01:32 PM
    When I had a 9900, one thing I will tell you was typing with one hand was annoying.

On a z10 you're fast/efficient as a keyboard + type pretty fast single handed.
    On 9900 and I am sure on the q10 since it's larger, one handed typing will be awkward.
    04-12-13 01:35 PM
    I would have to say I came from 9700 to 9800 to 9860 to Z10 and now I find my self replying more on my Z10 then I did on all the other phones. Even longer emails i find are really easy to knock out quickly on my Z10. I use my phone mostly for work so I get emails almost every few mins and have to reply no matter where I am so having the Z10's keyboard work so flawlessly makes my job that much more enjoyable since it is all done from my Blackberry Z10 I also BBM and Txt a lot from this phone but those arent usually as long as some of my emails
    Nice to get an positive answer, seems that what you do everyday is what I do everyday too, as I use my phone for work ONLY too!
    but it'll be nice to use it as something else, kill two birds in one stone instead of using it 100% for work only!
    04-12-13 01:37 PM
    Coming from the 9800 and the 9810, imo, I thought it was a great transition to go from the physical keyboard to the virtual keyboard. I also had the original Bold 9000 so that keyboard was a beast.

There are a few things that are different and take some getting used to. Like some keyboard shortcuts and that kind of thing. But overall the virtual keyboard is like the best of both worlds, but with more emphasis on the virtual side.

When I got the original Torch, I was concerned with the small keyboard. I wanted to give the virtual keyboard a chance on there, and getting the extra screen real estate was a great bonus.

I was very wary with committing to a full touch screen BlackBerry, especially when the 9850/60 came out. I just didn't want to sacrifice my beloved QWERTY. Seeing the reviews and the state of BBOS at the time, it just wasn't in the cards for the next device for me.

With the way BB10 was being reviewed and the uncertainty of the time frame of device releases from the Z10 to the Q10, I just didn't know how much longer my 9810 was going to hold up. I knew making the move to BB10 was next without question. I originally planned to wait to see both devices in person to do a side by side comparison, but I just couldn't wait.

I say all of that to say, I do not regret jumping all in on the Z10. I work in IT, and constantly answer emails and I have not missed a beat. If you were someone that used the physical keyboard to reply to long emails and the virtual keyboard to answer texts and short emails, then I say it is a good transition.

In the end, it is ultimately up to you, and your preference. I hope I was able to give you some good insight. Good luck with your decision!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:36 PM
    I want to know your opinion, if you had been owner of 9900/Torch or other physical keyboards blackberry
    do you feel lazier answering long emails using the z10 ? or do you feel much faster ?
    How about heavy texting ? like more than 100 txt msg a day, it feels better? more productive ? replying bbm msg, whatsapp and those sorts

I am an 9810 user, before I had an 9800 which it got damaged by humidity, so I upgraded with no choice to the 9810, and I didn't bought the 9900 because of autofocus, but I did use my friend's 9900 for a couple days and the keyboard is AMAZING that I wanted to get it
    Have a 9900 and a Z10. I really can't say that one is faster or better than the other...they're just different. I think some one that is really proficient on either keyboard would not have a noticeable edge over someone equally proficient on the other device.

But the approach is very different - at least it is for me. With the 9900 I didn't look at the keyboard so much as I looked at the display to see what I had typed and to make corrections as I went along. Using the Z10, I find myself ignoring the screen display of what I have written and instead focusing on the keyboard so as to type out the "Correct" letters.

I say "Correct" because if you could see the words that I've actually typed, you would laugh. I can't seem to get my fat thumbs to hit the right place on the virtual keyboard no matter how hard I try.

But that is the beauty of this thing. It knows what I'm trying to type and knows what words I normally use and it substitutes them, allowing me to type effortlessly. It is really amazing how well this thing adapts to me and how I type.

I tried the iPhone and hated it because of how I seem to always miss the correct key. But this phone seems to know what I'm thinking before I think it.

It truly is mind boggling to me.

As an example, I've typed this post very rapidly and have only corrected three mistakes. Believe me, my typing on a phone is not really that good.

This magic keyboard lets me focus on what I want to say instead of making sure I am spelling everything correctly.

I recommend that you get one and try it out. The Z10 is an amazing phone. No fanboy here, but this one is a winner.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:38 PM
    I had the 9930 but I truly enjoy this keyboard. I find the swiping to be fun. Of course I am not perfect at typing like and physical keyboard but I am getting better quickly.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-12-13 03:47 PM
    Never thought I'd be a fan of a virtual keyboards after using the terrible autocorrect on the iphone or the awkward note 2 keyboard but I'm just as fast if not faster on the z10 than typing with the 9780 I had before this. I send out a ton of emails and texts a day and I'm blazing through them. The white z10 doesn't get dirty easily and I've had it over a month and a half now.

Ultimately it's really a personal preference thing but I'd prefer extra screen size. You can't go wrong with either the z10 or q10. The build quality on the q10 is cnc'd stainless steel and it will have a bit bigger battery. My suggestion is try both and see what suits you best.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-12-13 04:07 PM
    I find typing on the Z10 more fun, and to be honest I'm more accurate on it. I found the random double space issue on the 9900 (full stops mid sentence frequently) is what is putting me off veering away from the Z10 and towards the Q10 more than anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-12-13 04:17 PM
    Before my Z10, I had the 9810. I didn't think that I would have an easy time adjusting to a touch screen only phone. I was so wrong. The Z10 keyboard is incredible. I narley look down now while typing because it has already learned the way I talk. I still have my 9810 for a back up and used it the other day just for fun. I felt lost on it. It is amazing in less than 3 weeks of owning my Z10 how it is just part of a regular routine. I may try the Q10 just for kicks and giggles but I love the keyboard experience of the Z10.
    04-12-13 04:20 PM
    Thanks for the interest in answering guys !!!
    I'm almost sold ... I want to buy the z10 instead of waiting and comparing both z10 and q10... I must endure and endure until I can compare it... or until skype is out for the z10..... I shouldn't made this thread.. hahaha !
    04-13-13 02:33 AM
    The text flicking ability on the Z10 reduces my typing time in half! It learns my typing habits and where I hit the keys. I have never had a touch screen keyboard phone before and was in love with my 9930 so this is a lot for me to change to. Absolutely love it.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:19 AM
    The text flicking ability on the Z10 reduces my typing time in half! It learns my typing habits and where I hit the keys. I have never had a touch screen keyboard phone before and was in love with my 9930 so this is a lot for me to change to. Absolutely love it.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, It seems that text flicking is more convenient during one handed use !
    04-13-13 10:34 AM
    more time consuming in what way ?, so in a way, you're not satisfied handling emails with the z10?
    I don't think that fixing errors is time consuming via the keyboard but more in getting to the errors. In its current state navigating to words is pretty weak on the Z10 whereas with legacy devices we had the track pad.

Selecting to copy and paste was significantly easier on my Bold9900 as well.

By no means do I dislike the experience, the touch keyboard is actually very good, it is different though and will take some getting used to for any new user and currently I am much lazier with it than I was with my bold.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:53 PM
    I was a 9810 user and find the Z10 keyboard fantastic! It definitely takes a bit of getting used to but After a fee days, you'll be flying!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:58 PM
    I had a 9900 and I find typing on the z10 to be just as fast once the keyboard gets used to your typing style. But most of my typing errors are taken care of with auto correct. I do like the swipe gestures for one hand typing. Overall I'm surprised how easy it is to type on it. But...I think I enjoyed the feel of typing on the physical keyboard more. My girlfriend doesn't miss the noise of me clicking away while she's trying to sleep though.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:03 PM
    I personally am a fan of physical keyboards and absolutely loved my 9810... until I got my Z10. Typing is effortless and the new keyboard does an amazing job of getting things done.. Flicking words up? Nailed it. It now takes about a 3rd of the time to send emails and texts. My crappy typing skills? No factor. This thing is incredible at figuring out what I want to type ( or meant to type) and fixes it for me..

I pick up a legacy device now and it feels archaic. Big win in my opinion for BB10.

Z10 Baby!
    04-13-13 03:22 PM