Blackberry will formerly challenge the media for saying they are having unusually high return rates with the Blackberry Z10. Looks like Thorsten isn't playing around.

http://news.yahoo.com/blackberry-ask...f6=%2F&.h=Home

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 11:19 AM
    "Formally" Anyway yes this news is everywhere and its a good move by BlackBerry.
    04-12-13 11:23 AM
    I agree. Scare the media away from slandering your name. They need to attack this bad press head on.

04-12-13 11:26 AM
    That company should be fined a serious amount for this if they are unwilling to provide the facts backing the research that is accurate.

The is definitely something fishy here!!!

Posted via CB10
    phonejunky and Grumblegrumble like this.
    04-12-13 11:27 AM
    Yeah they need to be made an example of.

04-12-13 11:27 AM
    It's not the media per-se under fire. It's a research investment firm. Some may not perceive the distinction... but it is somewhat relevant.

And too.. already being discussed here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...review-794733/
    04-12-13 11:51 AM
    That company should be fined a serious amount for this if they are unwilling to provide the facts backing the research that is accurate.

The is definitely something fishy here!!!

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry is unwilling to provide the facts as well.
    richardat likes this.
    04-13-13 04:49 AM
    Blackberry is unwilling to provide the facts as well.
    They will most certainly share them with the SEC and OSC. That's what is relevant here.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    04-13-13 07:46 AM
    Let's say I report on a Blog that Company A (let's say Apple for sake of argument) has a higher rate of return than sales based on checks with a handful of stores. I don't provide data on where, when, how many stores, rate of return or disclose any other information about my methodology (like the definition of "Handful ") and then make a sweeping conclusion.

Are you saying company A is obligated to defend itself with all kinds of specific data? I know this isn't criminal court, but shouldn't there be some standard of providing evidence before I should need to defensd myself? If someone accuses me of robbing a bank because they saw a silhouette of a man doing the deed should I then need provide more evidence of my innocence than they of my guilt?

As far as I've heard Detweiler has only offered that they stand by their research. Wow compelling...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Vorkosigan like this.
    04-13-13 12:06 PM
    Let's say I report on a Blog that Company A (let's say Apple for sake of argument) has a higher rate of return than sales based on checks with a handful of stores. I don't provide data on where, when, how many stores, rate of return or disclose any other information about my methodology (like the definition of "Handful ") and then make a sweeping conclusion.

Are you saying company A is obligated to defend itself with all kinds of specific data? I know this isn't criminal court, but shouldn't there be some standard of providing evidence before I should need to defensd myself? If someone accuses me of robbing a bank because they saw a silhouette of a man doing the deed should I then need provide more evidence of my innocence than they of my guilt?

As far as I've heard Detweiler has only offered that they stand by their research. Wow compelling...

Posted via CB10
    What other response could they give? There is no honour amongst thieves. This is a sketchy company at the very best.

Since 2007, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the industry body that oversees broker-dealers, has fined Detwiler over $250,000 and has cited it for several compliance violations over the past decade.

In December 2011, FINRA sanctioned Detwiler for failing to properly supervise its employees and for allowing its brokers to make more trades than necessary in clients' accounts to boost commissions during a period between 2006 and 2009.

In 2007, the firm, which was then called Detwiler Mitchell Fenton & Graves, settled administrative proceedings that the SEC brought against it for failing to supervise Bradford Bleidt, a former employee who had been simultaneously running a $30 million Ponzi scheme.
    04-13-13 12:25 PM
    It seems telling to me that the company is focusing on the "return rate" part of the analyst claim yet completely avoiding the bulk of the piece. Namely that there are weak sales. Is this an unwritten acknowledgement that sales are truly weak? Why not attack that too.
    tiziano27 likes this.
    04-15-13 06:34 AM
    Pretty sure "The Numbers" are a subjective thing, no? Also, rest assured BlackBerry's legal team would not file a complaint unless confident of the outcome, regardless of time frame.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 06:34 AM
    It seems telling to me that the company is focusing on the "return rate" part of the analyst claim yet completely avoiding the bulk of the piece. Namely that there are weak sales. Is this an unwritten acknowledgement that sales are truly weak? Why not attack that too.
    The company seems to be using this particular point of the "return rate" to also invalidate other reports about weak sales, which may be correct.
    04-15-13 01:26 PM
    Well at the end of the day it's hurting Blackberry more than the research firms.
    richardat likes this.
    04-15-13 02:37 PM
    It's not the media per-se under fire. It's a research investment firm. Some may not perceive the distinction... but it is somewhat relevant.

And too.. already being discussed here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...review-794733/
    This must be causing a lot of mental anguish for people who believe whatever the media decides to report. First some random firm is quoted saying their high returns, then a report that BB denies it. Who are we supposed to believe! I trust the media will tell me whats going on, so if they reported the first story from a small firm with not much credibility they are just reporting the 'news', tottaly innocent. They have nooo recent to do any fact checking themselves.

No wait, that sounds absurd. I feel some people weren't listening in preschool when we heard the story of the 'boy who cried wolf'.
    04-15-13 07:47 PM
    This should (atlest for a while) stop alot of firms from making up lies.

Sorry,but 50% of what i read is either sourced in ignorance or lies.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 07:57 PM
    For people who use logic, how could this firm possibly gain from releasing such a negative report?

The most logical and plausible, they or funds they work with are short BB.

If there is another way I'd definitely like to hear how they benefit from it cause I can't think of one.

This might blow your mind cause it sure it blowing mine.

You say BB should release numbers.............why doesnt Detwiler release numbers? Why is it good enough for you that they aren't backing up their report?

Having any sort of discourse with you is a joke. But I now have something to refer to. Thanks.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-15-13 10:35 PM
    Well, BlackBerry's move was definitely a positive one. This definitely has caused a big calming of any reports after they announced they were going to file a complaint to the SEC. Even today's stock barely budged and there was pretty much no news for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 10:48 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    richardat likes this.
    04-15-13 11:06 PM
    You say BB should release numbers.............why doesnt Detwiler release numbers? Why is it good enough for you that they aren't backing up their report?
    Why doesn't blackberry?
    richardat likes this.
    04-16-13 02:05 AM
    Well again I say if you're going for make an assertion or accusation shouldn't the onus be on you to provide the evidence for it first? Detweiler has not done that. Really that's the end of if for me. Seems a few instigators continue to put the onus on the wrong party, perhaps to get a rise out of some members. Your idea of sport?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    04-16-13 02:36 AM
    Why doesn't blackberry?
    Indeed.

Note for everyone: Hurds is accusing me here of several things I did not say, and false positions. I never advocated taking Detwiler at their word...nor BB!
    04-16-13 02:44 AM
    Well at the end of the day it's hurting Blackberry more than the research firms.
    Honestly there are no winners here, so whether it's BBBY or Detweiler Fenton that is hurt more is irrelevant. BBRY was forced to respond as that report by Detwiler Fenton caused them some serious damage with their stock dropping 8% in less than a day. Even if the report is proven wrong, the damage is already done.

On the other hand, Detwiler Fenton stands to lose its creditability and possibly many of its clients who are paying them for accurate information if the SEC and OSC determine their report to be inaccurate. So they have a lot to lose as well. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 04:34 AM
    Lets argue the facts and figures and the companies involved here, BUT lets not get personal! You know what I mean guys!!!!!!
    04-16-13 07:43 AM
    http://n4bb.com/5-inch-blackberry-10...s-peter-misek/

Interesting that misek continues positive

And the onus should be on the accuser to prove their accusations.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 08:53 AM
27 12