Not sure if anyone else has had this issue. Today I went to connect my phone to my computer with the USB adaptor and when I plugged it in a red exclamation point shows up instead of the lightning bolt. I assume that this means it isn't charging? If that is the case does anyone know what may have caused this or how they have fixed it.. No issues with charging when plugged into a wall.

Thanks for your help in advance...
    04-12-13 11:01 AM
    Not sure if anyone else has had this issue. Today I went to connect my phone to my computer with the USB adaptor and when I plugged it in a red exclamation point shows up instead of the lightning bolt. I assume that this means it isn't charging? If that is the case does anyone know what may have caused this or how they have fixed it.. No issues with charging when plugged into a wall.

Thanks for your help in advance...
    I notice that I get this when I use an older cable say from my torch 9860 to charge my zed10 and find that it is always looser than the original however if i do wiggle it around a bit it will make the connection but I do see that happening once in a while
    04-12-13 11:04 AM
    It just means that whatever you are plugged into is not pushing enough power to charge the Z10

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-12-13 11:09 AM
    I had this problem. My computer didn't have the correct drivers installed. Fire up link and they should reinstall. Can you access your files on your phone from your computer?
    04-12-13 11:20 AM
    I have never had a problem before using the same cord. But yes today I did have an issues transferring files to my z10 today..
    04-12-13 01:04 PM
    Older cables / USB ports will give you this. It's alerting you to the fact that the current is insufficient to charge the handset.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:07 PM
    It just means that whatever you are plugged into is not pushing enough power to charge the Z10

Posted via CB10
    Sure does. Have the same issue when I plug in my work iPad into my work laptop.

I've also had this on my Z10 when the USB driver is updated on my laptop.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-12-13 01:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    any idea why all of a sudden I would have this problem I have used the same cord and same computer for a month and today is the first time I have seen this..
    04-12-13 01:41 PM
    Is it a laptop? If so was it plugged in at the time? If not, might not be enough juice to charge the phone with just the battery.
    04-12-13 01:57 PM
    Is it a laptop? If so was it plugged in at the time? If not, might not be enough juice to charge the phone with just the battery.
    It is a desktop. I have not had an issue with cord/computer combination before..
    04-12-13 02:34 PM
    I have this exact problem. Been using the OEM cable was working fine before. Now when I plug it into my computer I get the red exclamation mark and Link won't recognize it. So couldn't sync my music, current fix I use is wireless syncing.

It might be my wire as although I can't reproduce it, when I slightly yanked on the cable the battery changed to one with a yellow lighting bolt. I notice if I don't plug the cord in properly it can slant to the left or right but this was since day one and I had no problems. Only way to get it to connect is to restart laptop, but when I'm syncing music one minute in it disconnects. So far it might be a cable problem, but haven't gone out to get a new one to test.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:43 PM
    I think you should try a different computer to determine if if is a driver problem. If it still won't connect after BlackBerry Link install, I think your phone port may be broken and needs to be repaired.

04-13-13 04:08 AM
    When you plug it in does the plug in noise happen really fast and then the unplug noise happen really fast. If it does its a driver issue. The way I fix this was to leave my phone plugged in and reboot my computer. When windows restarted the driver installed automatically.
    04-13-13 06:22 AM
    When you plug it in does the plug in noise happen really fast and then the unplug noise happen really fast. If it does its a driver issue. The way I fix this was to leave my phone plugged in and reboot my computer. When windows restarted the driver installed automatically.
    That is a very good observation. I forgot that that has happened to me as well, which was solved by rebooting my Windows PC.

04-13-13 09:08 AM
    There's a setting on the z10 where you can choose Mac or PC. If your phone is set to connect to PC but you're on a Mac, you'll get the red battery exclamation. And vice versa.

Posted with my new BlackBerry Z10
    04-13-13 09:59 AM
    You're right... I fixed mine by going to Settings --> Storage and Access --> USB Connection (change it to Connect to Windows or Mac or whatever you need) worked for me! thanks!
    06-24-13 03:07 PM
    I had the same problem. Fixed it by deleting the drive and reinstalling it.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 03:09 PM
    It may still charge, but slower than it could be.
    06-24-13 03:56 PM