I have had no major problems over the last couple weeks until yesterday with my email that is set up through an Exchange ActiveSync server by my hosting site (domain.com). I called them last night and they indicated no problems on their end, so I'm here to see what you guys think...

Basically, my Outlook and web mail version of my inbox both show one email, yet on my phone (z10) I show 5 emails in my inbox. One email is accessible via all three (outlook, web mail and phone), but the other four emails shown on my phone are not. The four shown are previous emails that I had moved to different folders to organize my inbox, and in Outlook and the web mail version they are in the correct folder. Even on my phone I see the original messages in their respective folders, which leads me to think the ones seen in the inbox are some cached version of the messages. I cannot delete, open, forward, mark as read or anything to these four emails, and it is driving me insane. One of the 4 indicates that it is a new message, so I constantly see that I have a new email and can do nothing about it. Sorry if this is vague, but any help?
    04-12-13 10:08 AM
    I'm not sure what the problem was, but I just deleted my Exchange account, re-added and problem went away for now. Hopefully this will not come up again.
    04-12-13 11:02 AM
    I hope it doesn't happen to you again... but don't be surprised if it does. I've had the same issue twice within the last week. Its an account accessed via EAS, can't delete/forward/reply/file the message. The only way I've been able been able to resolve it is by deleting/re-adding the account. It's a PITA.
    garrettwynne likes this.
    04-12-13 12:00 PM
    Have you had any problems with the contacts syncing over as well? Most of my contacts all have an Anniversary Date of 01-01-4501 added to them...weird.
    04-12-13 12:24 PM
    No problems with contacts or calendars, just the occasional email message.
    04-12-13 12:32 PM
    I'm considering the BB10 coming from another platform. However, Exchange email is important to me. I'll be monitoring this thread and hopefully all will be okay. I don't want to switch and have a bunch of problems. I'm keeping my fingers-crossed however that we can use BB10. We're actually waiting for the Q10 so we'll have a few months I guess.
    04-12-13 12:45 PM
    Dear OP,

Did you try to restart your Z10? If no, just try to restart it first. If you already restart it and still find the same problem, delete the email account and re-add it again.

If the same problem still shows up, try to update your O.S first. But if the O.S is the latest one, you need to wipe your Z10 and start it all over again.

Sent from My White Z10
    04-12-13 01:20 PM
    I have had no major problems over the last couple weeks until yesterday with my email that is set up through an Exchange ActiveSync server by my hosting site (domain.com). I called them last night and they indicated no problems on their end, so I'm here to see what you guys think...

Basically, my Outlook and web mail version of my inbox both show one email, yet on my phone (z10) I show 5 emails in my inbox. One email is accessible via all three (outlook, web mail and phone), but the other four emails shown on my phone are not. The four shown are previous emails that I had moved to different folders to organize my inbox, and in Outlook and the web mail version they are in the correct folder. Even on my phone I see the original messages in their respective folders, which leads me to think the ones seen in the inbox are some cached version of the messages. I cannot delete, open, forward, mark as read or anything to these four emails, and it is driving me insane. One of the 4 indicates that it is a new message, so I constantly see that I have a new email and can do nothing about it. Sorry if this is vague, but any help?
    I have customers experiencing this issue with older versions of Exchange. 2003-2007. Users on Exchange 2010-2013 are not having this issue. Also you don't have to delete the account to fix the issue. Just turn off Sync, save, then turn it back on and save. It's not the best solution but perhaps I can finally force those older Exchange customers to upgrade.
    garrettwynne likes this.
    04-12-13 01:25 PM
    Aragone79, this is not a thread describing a situation where a restart or wipe is required. If so, I would have already found that out, and would not be on here having to discuss this with you. I'm trying to get some answers to figure out why this is happening and fix it. Not every problem requires a fix that includes wiping your device.
    Ecm likes this.
    04-12-13 05:41 PM
    mkelley65, I will try this if it happens again. Where I go through my hosting service for my email and EAS, I could not tell you what version they have running. I will mention this to them, and maybe get some answers.

UPDATE: Domain.com is running EAS 2010
    Last edited by garrettwynne; 04-12-13 at 05:53 PM.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    04-12-13 05:42 PM
    @ the OP: Do you have all folders syncing with your domain account? You can check in the e-mail account setup on the device, (Edit account) where you have the choice of syncing any or all folders in your Exchange account. If not, that would be your issue.

I have rules setup on Exchange (via Oulook client) that move mail into folders automatically based on certain criteria. When they are moved on the desktop/ server, they move as well on my Z10.

If I read them, and then decide to mark them as unread (Outlook client), they will (on the next sync) sync as unread on my device, even if they have previously been marked as "read" on the device.

That's the difference between BES (legacy version) and EAS...with EAS, the message/ folder sync keeps re-syncing the folders and messages - whereas on the legacy BES, once the mail was received and processed on the device, it would not reprocess, except for deletion or the initial "read" flag.

EDIT: If you have mail moving to folders via rules Exchange, they will show up in the hub view and if you drill down to the actual folder in the hub, they will show up there, but in the initial hub view, you can see the folder icon left of the message, indicating that it is in a folder other than the Inbox.

I have to believe that your issue is because you're either not syncing all your folders, or you don't understand how the views work in the hub in regards to e-mail being moved due to Exchange rules you have setup.
    Last edited by FBA; 04-12-13 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Pizza grease on fingers...
    04-12-13 06:19 PM
    FBA (Steve)...I have the folder sync option on. I deleted the account originally on my phone and re-added it to fix the problem, but had the sync folders option on then too. I do not have any rules setup for this account through Outlook. Also, as of yesterday I am canning domain.com's business email, going to a basic package they have and I'm getting the microsoft online exchange set up for my email. Domain uses OXTender2 that i believe is a culprit of some of my problems. It sucks all together.

If i could swing it i'd be back with BES, but currently i cannot.
    04-13-13 10:40 PM