Hello all,

I'm posting this for everyone's information because I saw nothing about how BlackBerry OS integrates with Kia's UVO Powered by Microsoft voice command system when I did a search on Google.

I have a BlackBerry 9780 running OS 6 that I was able to connect to UVO via Bluetooth. The UVO is able to play the MP3 files on the microSD card in my phone through the car stereo wirelessly via Bluetooth but as far as controls go, the UVO can only pause or restart the song on the 9780 and it can skip tracks forwards and backwards but there is no way to seek through individual tracks. If I want to skip tracks or explore the contents of the microSD, I have to do it through the actual handset, which means that in most jurisdictions I'd be breaking the law if I'm the driver.

Of course, the UVO system will allow you to make hands-free calls from your BB OS 6 device by allowing you to access your contacts or by have you dictate a full telephone number to it, which is really cool, although often the UVO doesn't understand the name of the contact. It works best when you know the number and can dictate it, which defeats the purpose of having contacts (so you don't have to memorize all the numbers!).

What I also liked is that the BlackBerry 9780 will send turn-by-turn directions from BlackBerry Traffic to the UVO system which plays them out through the car's stereo system. What I haven't figured out how to do is to lower the volume of the music which is also playing off the BB through the car's stereo when BlackBerry Traffic's voice instructions come on. Perhaps someone out there has figured it out.

I also don't know how newer versions of BlackBerry OS (such as OS 7 or BB10) integrate with the UVO system so if anyone out there has experience with this please chime in and share your knowledge.
    Last edited by PB_Warrior; 04-19-13 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Certain preliminary observations were incorrect and I have corrected them.
    04-12-13 09:12 AM
    Great info! Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question, but hopefully someone will come along shortly and answer.
    04-18-13 11:21 AM
    Sounds like all standard blutooth functions. I had a 9900 and all the function you mentioned worked with my VW RNS 350.

When I got the Z10, worked flawlessly. So i guess it's like this with all cars

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:41 AM
    Bluetooth connects just fine but when you press Media on the car - it starts playing the music on your phone but not through the speakers of the car... and there is no integration of navigation directions through the speakers either...
    09-11-14 02:33 PM
    I have a 2012 Sorento. I get voice navigation and music fine on my Z30 thru the car speaker. Just hit the AUX button and boom
    09-11-14 09:06 PM