Just wanted to mention a good experience I had withthe goodereader.com website.

Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APP Store - Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps

- A very good source for all sorts of Side-loadable converted Android apps (not just e-readers)

Anyway, there was an app I was looking for (OneClickDigital - it would let me borrow audiobooks from my local library). I couldn't find a bar file anywhere, so I emailed the site to see if they could help, and within a couple of hours, they had emailed me a BAR file to try out. Worked first time, and I can now download lots of lovely audiobooks to listen to on my way to and from work...

Thought I mention it, as good and prompt service seems to be hard to find these days, and it's a good site for anyone that didn't know about it already.
    kozmonaut likes this.
    04-11-13 09:17 AM
    It is good, but, unfortunately a lot of their bar files just don't work.
    04-11-13 10:01 AM
    yeppers and since months ago I stopped using them cause many of their .bar files not working.
    04-11-13 10:08 AM
    And at one point they were posting pirated ones 'till I bashed them about it. HATE piracy
    04-11-13 10:23 AM
    Hi,

Hmm, didn't know about the pirated files. Do you think they knew what they were doing, or was it an honest mistake (if that's possible in this case)?
    Haven't had any problems with BAR files not working, but I must admit I have only used a few from them. I guess I have been lucy so far!

Regards,

Chris.
    04-11-13 11:04 AM
    It was indeed an honest mistake, that was very quickly rectified once it was pointed out.
    04-11-13 11:14 AM
    And at one point they were posting pirated ones 'till I bashed them about it. HATE piracy
    it was an honest mistake, and I hope the next time a mistake happens the situation gets handled differently.

posting in a forum with name calling and jumping to conclusions, only upset peopke and koz himself. a simple email or private message is more effective and mature.

Koz's site is great and he puts a lot of effort into it for free. if a few don't work, nothing lost. move on to the next app
    kozmonaut likes this.
    04-11-13 12:58 PM
    I really appreciate all of Koz's work. I have to say, I haven't noticed any piracy. Seems like if a paid app has gotten through, it's been quickly rectified.

Also, I fully understand that not every app converted works properly. That's fine with me. I approach it as an experiment. There is a chance, that an app that's not available through Blackberry or even written for my BlackBerry device, can be useful. Fact of the matter is most of the apps I've downloaded from Good E-Reader work. The ones that didn't, I only lost 5 minutes downloading, sideloading, then deleting it.

Koz, keep up the excellent work!
    kozmonaut likes this.
    04-12-13 10:33 AM
    Would be great for there to be a way to "flag" apps as not working then. Also, I hadn't been to the site in a while and now when I go the BB10 and Playbook stuff seems lumped together. Is there a way to just see Playbook stuff and ensure it works on Playbook?
    04-14-13 10:49 PM
    he has them labeled in the titles. says for playbook or bb10, or it will say both
    04-15-13 12:05 AM
    Hi,

Hmm, didn't know about the pirated files. Do you think they knew what they were doing, or was it an honest mistake (if that's possible in this case)?
    Haven't had any problems with BAR files not working, but I must admit I have only used a few from them. I guess I have been lucy so far!

Regards,

Chris.
    I believe angry birds was an honest mistake but catch the candy, he said he converted it himself but it was a native file. There are others he didn't take down but I spoke to him and he took care of it. I think he didn't realize people would find out but now he knows.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:28 AM