Curious: would you like it if you could move the active frames to thus have them in a position of YOUR choice?

Go...

Posted via Navi's CB10
    04-10-13 06:41 PM
    No not really

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:48 PM
    Nope. No value add.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:50 PM
    I would like it if they didn't move around after selecting them.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:52 PM
    I'm fine with the way it works. But, it wouldn't hurt to include such a feature in some future OS update.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:53 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:53 PM
    Another No vote here

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:55 PM
    I like it the way it is: last application used shows first. This allows to switch back and forth between apps very quickly.

Posted with a BlackBerry Zed10 via CB10
    04-10-13 06:56 PM
    I'd like the option to pin the active frames rather than them being pushed lower every time you open another active frame.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple, aggie and kevets like this.
    04-10-13 07:02 PM
    I think if you can pin the active frames it would be ideal. It would allow me to have a better multitasking experience, since no matter how long ago I used the app, I would always have it at the same spot. The current implementation works well if your switching between two apps but once you have 4 or more it requires you to look for your active frame, unless you are constantly able to remember when was the last time you used the active frame you want, something I am sure most user can't do fast enough. I often have 6 apps open, so you can imagine I don't find the frame instantly.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 and trynacu2 like this.
    04-10-13 07:08 PM
    Hope you can pin it to stay open even if my phone gets turned off and on. Maybe in an update. Would make the LED app worth installing. Hmm maybe we'll get LED options in an update as well

Posted via CB10
    kevets likes this.
    04-10-13 07:22 PM
    not really
    04-10-13 07:50 PM
    YES. Pin chosen apps to desired positions - open then back to active frame where I want it to be ( Battery Guru, BBM, CB10, couple others)

Also, wouldn't mind option for 1/2 sized active frames / smaller (but same font size for my 30yo+16 eyes) for maybe 6 or 8 on screen: pin 2 full sized, show 4 more 1/2 sized, maybe? Choices would be good.

Oh-oh-oh - what if the active frame screen rolled your "pinned" apps across top with two always showing and sized as they are currently (swipes allowed) with 4 smaller frames or 2 full sized frames static below. Almost like BB World, go see what I mean . . .

Likely a battery eater I would imagine, but was fun thinking it through.
    04-10-13 08:00 PM
    Options are always good. It's called customizations.

I also wish more apps had better, more useful active frames.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-10-13 08:03 PM
    Actually I wish they are horizontal I think it will be prettier looking

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:04 PM
    ...some brilliant posts coming from this thread. Keep em' coming.
    04-10-13 08:04 PM
    Yes, pinning active frames would be great. I posted an enhancement request on the BlackBerry Community Forum in the Beta Zone. It would be great if you could pin an app or two (your favorites) and then the rest would cycle like they do know.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:14 PM
    No thanks, current functionality is fine for me
    04-10-13 09:25 PM
    ...anyone else?
    04-11-13 07:35 AM
    that's not important, the important is:

Z10 can running active frame in the background.. so all apps were needs running apps (example: BeBuzz) in the background will still work even if you close the task..

but I worried BB team will not grant that..

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:08 AM
    Yes. I would like the ability to pin an active frame and the ability to go headless, like the new API's are supposed to do.
    aggie likes this.
    04-11-13 08:29 AM
    that's not important, the important is:

Z10 can running active frame in the background.. so all apps were needs running apps (example: BeBuzz) in the background will still work even if you close the task..

but I worried BB team will not grant that..

Posted via CB10
    The new API's... hopefully with the 10.1 release are supposed to do this.
    04-11-13 08:31 AM
    Yes. I would like the ability to pin an active frame and the ability to go headless, like the new API's are supposed to do.
    This. Exactly.

Would like to be able to pin my open weather and stocks apps for quick viewing. Also would be nice to have active apps run in the background without an active frame cluttering up the device.
    04-11-13 08:40 AM
    There was a thread in the fall long before launch where we debated whether the way active frames constantly rearranged into "most recently used" (MRU) order was going to be a problem. Having used the Dev Alpha extensively, I was convinced it was a problem, at least for some people.

Having now used the Z10 extensively with released software, since Jan 30, I can say that I was right... I still find it incredibly frustrating sometimes that I stab at the place where my brain remembers an app being, only to find it's shifted and I'm opening another one.

Then I minimize that and stab at where the other one had moved to, only to find it has shifted down one position again and I'm opening yet another app again.

Finally, I minimize that one, take a breath and a moment to pause, and find the app I wanted in the first place, and open it.

It's definitely a flaw for some people and I'm one of them.

I would dearly love some improvements in this area, whether it's "pinning", an option to override the MRU ordering, or something else creative that the designers come up with. I'm not picky, just bothered by MRU ordering being the default.
    Spawn12, sleepngbear and DocDRM like this.
    04-11-13 08:42 AM
    A pin option would be great! For me the way it juggles slows me down.

For those who wouldn't like it it would be optional. You can just decide not to pin. It's really unfair to declare it useless or unimportant simply because it doesn't suit your specific needs.

Posted via CB10
    sleepngbear likes this.
    04-11-13 08:48 AM
48 12