.........can you help me please.

I love twitter, I receive and read but don't tweet. I love to get the news, updates from family and friends etc. Despite my best efforts, I don't seem able to find how to make the Z10 notify me each time someone I'm following posts a tweet. My 9800 did it very well, too well in fact as on a busy new day, it would notify me almost by the second however, I'd prefer that than not being able to get any notifications at all.

I'm sure I'm missing something, operator error etc, so please tell me how to alter my setting to gain notifications.

Thanks in advance.
    04-10-13 01:42 PM
    I am sorry but I think this is a silly request, you want a notification every time someone you follow posts on twitter. That would kill your battery life, and it would never go away as you said. Know that people update twitter all the time and just check when you have down time. That is what it is for, and if someone specifically @'s you then you get a notification that it might be something you want right away.

Why not have Facebook notify me every time someone updates their status, or posts a picture, or asks for me to pet their cow on Farmville...This would be very overwhelming as you stated with something happening almost every second.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:48 PM
    unless they are @'ing you i do not believe you will see when they tweet unless you keep the app open and frequently look at your timeline.... have them @ you and you will be good to go
    04-10-13 01:48 PM
    You can log in to your account on the web, go to settings > notifications and turn tweets on

Posted from my sweet Z10
    04-10-13 01:52 PM
    The native twitter app is trash the notifications are delayed. I use ubertwitter, much better.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:55 PM
    .........I'll maintain the positive approach I've decided to take and answer as follows....... Thank you for your response rjkolo, I'm sorry you feel this is a silly request, but is it not a matter of personal choice if one wants to receive a notification of tweets received ?

I like to receive tweets no matter how frequent, this is one of the points of twitter is it not (I mean, I believe this is one of the things people like about twitter) and as for battery life, you make a good point, however, I have two batteries plus I spend most of my time in my office at my desk with the power lead close to hand, so I'm not too concerned about power, but your observation is right.

So my question remains, if one is interested to receive tweet notifications or for that matter, FB notifications, can anyone help me and advise how to make the Z10 notify me, as my 9800 did so well before I upgraded (I nearly slipped backward and said downgraded then, but I'm trying to be positive) as surly, if my 9800 was capable of notifying me EVERY time someone tweeted me, then the Z10 must be able too as well.
    p.s I mainly follow BBC CNN Al Jezeera and various other news media.
    04-10-13 01:59 PM
    You might be interested to know that Twitter has a txt msg option that I use to follow certain people. Every tweet will come in as a txt message from whomever you choose to follow. You can even reply to the txt msg and it will post on your twitter acct. you can also follow/unfollow and search using txt commands
    iloveabersoch and KDB84 like this.
    04-10-13 02:03 PM
    So my question remains, if one is interested to receive tweet notifications or for that matter, FB notifications, can anyone help me and advise how to make the Z10 notify me, as my 9800 did so well before I upgraded (I nearly slipped backward and said downgraded then, but I'm trying to be positive) as surly, if my 9800 was capable of notifying me EVERY time someone tweeted me, then the Z10 must be able too as well.
    p.s I mainly follow BBC CNN Al Jezeera and various other news media.
    Again, simply log in to your Twitter account on the web, go to settings > notifications and turn tweets on, you should start getting notifications on your Z10.
    04-10-13 06:34 PM
    Edmo is dead on. Failing that maybe simply open Twitter when you want to see what's 'happening'...

Posted via Navi's CB10
    04-10-13 06:49 PM
    or asks for me to pet their cow on Farmville.
    Posted via CB10
    I love my farm!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    rjkolo likes this.
    04-10-13 06:55 PM
    Side loaded ubersoc has a inner circle friends. You have a list you can make as well

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:59 PM
    was a solution found for this, usually on my 9850 you can chose if you want notification every 30 mins etc or was a good alternative found for this
    besides sideloading a app
    04-27-13 08:28 AM
    Use an app like Blaq that saves where you last were while reading your time line and you won't miss a tweet.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 08:37 AM
    OP, I too miss not getting my notifications on a regular basis. It was nice to get a news notification and then I could go online and see what was happening. I am too busy to keep checking the web or opening up a twitter app every three minutes to see what is going on. But getting a notification gives me the option to check it out if it is important. I enjoy reading most tweets from those I follow.
    04-27-13 09:13 AM
    That would drive me nuts but, for those that want it, I believe turning it on in Twitter is your answer. Let us know how it works.
    04-27-13 09:21 AM
    That would drive me nuts but, for those that want it, I believe turning it on in Twitter is your answer. Let us know how it works.
    unfortunately it an option to turn it on, and how it use to work on older phones was you would receive a tweet every 30 mins (what you set it to) so it does not become over bearing
    04-27-13 09:29 AM
    Use an app like Blaq that saves where you last were while reading your time line and you won't miss a tweet.

Posted via CB10
    honestly i don't find i should have to pay for an app to get that type of feature especially since i had it on my 9850
    04-27-13 09:32 AM
    You can log in to your account on the web, go to settings > notifications and turn tweets on

Posted from my sweet Z10
    Maybe this feature was taken away?

I just logged into the desktop version of twitter and everything in my notification was already checked and still no email notification.

And I don't see anywhere about notification on tweets, just retweets, favorites, messages, etc. Seems they have notification for anything but tweets.

Twitter notifications each time my followers tweet-img_00000072.png

Twitter notifications each time my followers tweet-img_00000073.png

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:44 AM
    setting in the desktop version would not apply to the mobile version
    04-27-13 11:30 AM
    setting in the desktop version would not apply to the mobile version
    If that's true, the mobile version doesn't even have a notification section in settings

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 11:44 AM
    I had the same problem. Go on twitter using the website on your z10. Click the settings icon and then settings. Halfway down is 'notifications' the word change is next to that. I think this should solve your problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:03 PM
    I had the same problem. Go on twitter using the website on your z10. Click the settings icon and then settings. Halfway down is 'notifications' the word change is next to that. I think this should solve your problem.

Posted via CB10
    can you be more specific sinei went to twitter using my Z10 browser and i still dont see that function
    04-27-13 08:02 PM
    Plus there was social feeds where BBM updates twitter and Facebook are integrated

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 08:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Check photo below

Twitter notifications each time my followers tweet-img_00000002.png

Twitter notifications each time my followers tweet-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 08:12 PM