Oh, I forgot to ask this before when we were on the topic of keyboard shortcuts. This isn't really a keyboard shortcut, but it's something that sets the always there keyboard apart from any other phone. On my Bold 9900, all I have to do is hold any of the keys and it'll speed dial whatever I set that key to. No need to go into contacts, phone dialer app, speed dial list, pull the keyboard up with two fingers, nothing, straight from the home screen, hold one button, and the phone is calling. For those of you who have tried this phone, is this feature back in the Q10??

Thanks! :-)

Edit: The Q10 review has confirmed that this is working!! :-D
    "The physical keyboard also now allows users to set keys for speed dial, as on legacy BlackBerry devices. This isn’t enabled by default however; users need to flip it on through the Phone settings, but after that, you can make it so that long-pressing a key initiates a call to a designated contact."
    Last edited by slagman5; 04-23-13 at 11:36 PM.
    04-09-13 11:48 PM
    As of yet, there is no speed dial in the current OS. This is huge for me as well, and I really hope it will be available in the future.
    slagman5 likes this.
    04-10-13 12:36 AM
    Oh, I forgot to ask this before when we were on the topic of keyboard shortcuts. This isn't really a keyboard shortcut, but it's something that sets the always there keyboard apart from any other phone. On my Bold 9900, all I have to do is hold any of the keys and it'll speed dial whatever I set that key to. No need to go into contacts, phone dialer app, speed dial list, pull the keyboard up with two fingers, nothing, straight from the home screen, hold one button, and the phone is calling. For those of you who have tried this phone, is this feature back in the Q10??

Thanks! :-)
    Not in a way as on Bold 9900, but the same way as on Z10.
    At least this is on Q10 OS 10.1.0.1002 (SW 10.1.0.132).
    Last edited by babaroga; 04-11-13 at 02:32 PM.
    slagman5 likes this.
    04-10-13 01:48 AM
    As of yet, there is no speed dial in the current OS. This is huge for me as well, and I really hope it will be available in the future.
    What? And that's using 10.1 on a Q10?? That's pretty stupid. Why would they take away features?? I understand ADDING features, but taking away features sounds pretty dumb and pointless to me...
    jegs2 and SK122387 like this.
    04-10-13 07:32 AM
    What? And that's using 10.1 on a Q10?? That's pretty stupid. Why would they take away features?? I understand ADDING features, but taking away features sounds pretty dumb and pointless to me...
    You piqued my curiosity and I went poking around the phone, I found these but I can't figure out how to add speed dials to them.

This is under Phone > Settings:
    Attached Thumbnails Forgot to ask, but is one button speed dialing back with the Q10??-img_00000007.png   Forgot to ask, but is one button speed dialing back with the Q10??-img_00000008.png  
    sam_tek, SK122387, jegs2 and 1 others like this.
    04-10-13 10:02 AM
    The Dev C devices ship with a crippled OS. I am certain this will make an appearance in the final OS.
    04-10-13 10:19 AM
    The Dev C devices ship with a crippled OS. I am certain this will make an appearance in the final OS.
    This is 10.1.0.1284, hopefully this can be fixed, or at least make it more obvious how you are supposed to add speed dials
    04-10-13 10:26 AM
    This is 10.1.0.1284, hopefully this can be fixed, or at least make it more obvious how you are supposed to add speed dials
    Wow, good find. Must mean they will add it later. I do not have this in my 10.1.0.582.
    Also, how can I get the .1284 that you have?
    04-10-13 10:37 AM
    Well in current phones, if you have the feature turned on you could simply hold any unassigned button and it'lll prompt you to assign a contact to that key. Or from the call app, bring up the menu and assign speed dial list should be one of the options...
    04-10-13 11:05 AM
    Well in current phones, if you have the feature turned on you could simply hold any unassigned button and it'lll prompt you to assign a contact to that key. Or from the call app, bring up the menu and assign speed dial list should be one of the options...
    Doesn't work unfortunately. I can only seem to add it as a speed dial the same way the Z10 does. *Hopefully* this is just something crippled in my load as we can see there seems to be a speed dial via key option.
    04-10-13 11:24 AM
    Doesn't work unfortunately. I can only seem to add it as a speed dial the same way the Z10 does. *Hopefully* this is just something crippled in my load as we can see there seems to be a speed dial via key option.
    Yah, I hope it's fixed in the final release because I use that ALL OF THE TIME...
    04-10-13 07:14 PM
    This is a BIG part of why I want the Q10. If this feature doesn't come through, together with the trackpad removal, I'll probably just get a Z10 and enjoy the larger screen.
    04-11-13 11:11 AM
    This is a BIG part of why I want the Q10. If this feature doesn't come through, together with the trackpad removal, I'll probably just get a Z10 and enjoy the larger screen.
    Well, as Wolvie pointed out, the feature menu is there, which means they intend for it to be there. So if it doesn't work at launch most likely the next update will fix it. But hopefully it'll work at launch...
    04-11-13 12:03 PM
    I agree that this feature is one of the best things about QWERTY 'Berrys, however I think we all need to remember that this baby isn't a BlackBerry OS 4/5/6/7... It's a whole new platform and the first QWERTY device on the platform, so it's not like BBRY is *removing* features. They haven't yet implemented them into the new O/S.

It's like asking where the Start Menu is on a Linux machine.

Also, remember that if something isn't available from the get-go, there'll probably be an app for that. App developers are fiendishly awesome at filling the voids in the consumer market... Smart app developers are anyway.
    04-11-13 12:21 PM
    Well, as Wolvie pointed out, the feature menu is there, which means they intend for it to be there. So if it doesn't work at launch most likely the next update will fix it. But hopefully it'll work at launch...
    I know what you mean and i'm 90% certain it will be there at launch when I get my Q10.
    04-11-13 12:23 PM
    I agree that this feature is one of the best things about QWERTY 'Berrys, however I think we all need to remember that this baby isn't a BlackBerry OS 4/5/6/7... It's a whole new platform and the first QWERTY device on the platform, so it's not like BBRY is *removing* features. They haven't yet implemented them into the new O/S.

It's like asking where the Start Menu is on a Linux machine.

Also, remember that if something isn't available from the get-go, there'll probably be an app for that. App developers are fiendishly awesome at filling the voids in the consumer market... Smart app developers are anyway.
    Um, actually, that's a pretty bad analogy. I'd say it's more like if Windows 7 didn't have a start button while Windows ME did... Linux is more like Android than anything else. I understand your point that OS 10 doesn't share anything from OS 7 and before, but the people who made it is still the same. Windows 7 doesn't share anything from Windows ME, so that would be a better comparison, and as you know, they kept all of what made the older Windows systems Windows, but added new features...
    04-11-13 05:22 PM
    I know that if I was waiting for the q10i would have been passed if this feature was missing. Would have been one of the few reasons I would have bypassed the z10

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:30 PM
    I know that if I was waiting for the q10i would have been passed if this feature was missing. Would have been one of the few reasons I would have bypassed the z10

Posted via CB10
    Especially with them selling the Z10 for $99... But those screenshots from wolvie has my faith back in their qwerty device. :-)
    04-11-13 05:31 PM
    Wow, good find. Must mean they will add it later. I do not have this in my 10.1.0.582.
    Also, how can I get the .1284 that you have?
    Won't get a 10 device until they do add it. Can't see paying to downgrade in capabilities.
    04-12-13 07:11 AM
    Update, the Q10 review confirms this feature is back!

"The physical keyboard also now allows users to set keys for speed dial, as on legacy BlackBerry devices. This isn’t enabled by default however; users need to flip it on through the Phone settings, but after that, you can make it so that long-pressing a key initiates a call to a designated contact."

:-D
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-23-13 11:37 PM
    Update, the Q10 review confirms this feature is back!

:-D
    Outstanding! Have a link to that quote by chance?
    04-24-13 01:20 PM
    That's in the Q10 review Kevin wrote up.
    04-24-13 05:40 PM
    This one: BlackBerry Q10 Review | CrackBerry.com
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-24-13 05:40 PM
    So, a little update on the situation. In case you guys didn't read all of the comments in the article by Kevin about the speed dial issue, he got a tweet from BB that states they will have it in a near future update. :-)
    chris8189 likes this.
    05-08-13 09:27 PM
    I figured it out!

Open up your phone, then select the keypad (third option after recent calls and contacts) then hold down the key on your keypad and it will prompt you to add somebody to the key selected.

You piqued my curiosity and I went poking around the phone, I found these but I can't figure out how to add speed dials to them.

This is under Phone > Settings:
    05-21-13 02:54 PM
36 12