My browser crashes quiet often for no reason.. anybody else having similar issues?????

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 09:59 AM
    I have had no issues with the browser crashing and I also do website testing from my phone, only functionality testing not design
    04-09-13 10:41 AM
    (1) clear your browser cache --- even desktop browsers have problems with corrupted browser cache that crashes the browser itself.
    (2) take a note of which websites your browser crash --- even desktop browsers have particular websites that will bring them down
    04-09-13 12:01 PM
    I have not experienced that even on content rich video heavy sites. My PC browsers will crash at various websites so I'm sure its something to watch when and where it occurs to troubleshoot
    04-09-13 12:25 PM
    Thanks guys. Will check on the suggestions and 'll be back here....

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 01:04 PM
    Has anyone noticed that sometimes the page doesn't load until after you tap the address bar?
    04-09-13 04:19 PM
    There is definitley issues with the browser, and saying so makes you a troll.

I hope thye fix it.

1. It crashes sometimes (happens with every OS, but im sure it can be polished)
    2. Reading some sites (especially forums can be a pain in the ***.
    3. Loading tabs takes forever in the background (it looks like a protection for the OS to not overload with transmission)

I hope it gets polished in 10.1
    04-09-13 04:36 PM
    I want to know how to change UA for browser. Some of my company's applications only run on IE. Do you have any clues?
    04-09-13 06:55 PM
    Sounds like some old and new from the pb.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 04-09-13 at 07:55 PM.
    04-09-13 07:04 PM
    I don't have crashes. But like the PlayBook, I have the never ending loading bar of death problem that can occur at any time and on any website. Maybe that is what you are considering a crash.

For example. I can be browsing the web with no problems at all. Load up dozens of sites with good speed. Then it just stops working and the progress bar will hang. Doesn't matter which website it is. I can try the mobile version of Google and it still won't fully load. Just a white screen and a blue progress bar that never fills up. At that point, I reboot. Clearing the cache don't do anything, closing and reopening the browser doesn't either.

The PlayBook's browser acts the same way. Its like a ticking time bomb, each loaded websites brings ya closer to a unusable browser and then a reboot. I never know when it will happen, but I always know it eventually will. Kind of a pain in the rear to be honest.
    04-09-13 07:41 PM
    ^^same experience here.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:54 PM
    I was hoping they fixed that. Hopefully in an update.
    04-09-13 07:55 PM
    I don't have crashes. But like the PlayBook, I have the never ending loading bar of death problem that can occur at any time and on any website. Maybe that is what you are considering a crash.

For example. I can be browsing the web with no problems at all. Load up dozens of sites with good speed. Then it just stops working and the progress bar will hang. Doesn't matter which website it is. I can try the mobile version of Google and it still won't fully load. Just a white screen and a blue progress bar that never fills up. At that point, I reboot. Clearing the cache don't do anything, closing and reopening the browser doesn't either.

The PlayBook's browser acts the same way. Its like a ticking time bomb, each loaded websites brings ya closer to a unusable browser and then a reboot. I never know when it will happen, but I always know it eventually will. Kind of a pain in the rear to be honest.
    I experienced that quite a bit when I first got the phone in late February, but after AT&T pushed their update (10.88) I haven't seen it much since. I do notice some oddness at times when going to pages with link shorteners -- it's like the page never gets redirected. Also, sometimes I've noticed that when browsing hangs, if I tap the address bar the page all of a sudden starts loading. Overall it really is a GREAT browser -- huge props to BlackBerry for the massive improvement -- but only when it wants to be.
    Saiga likes this.
    04-09-13 10:05 PM
    I experienced that quite a bit when I first got the phone in late February, but after AT&T pushed their update (10.88) I haven't seen it much since. I do notice some oddness at times when going to pages with link shorteners -- it's like the page never gets redirected. Also, sometimes I've noticed that when browsing hangs, if I tap the address bar the page all of a sudden starts loading. Overall it really is a GREAT browser -- huge props to BlackBerry for the massive improvement -- but only when it wants to be.
    Yeah link shorteners do that on my device some times also. Click and link and it will appear like nothing is happening for a few seconds and then it loads fine. I notice this mostly with Twitter, so I thought it might have something to do with the move from Twitter to the Browser.
    04-10-13 03:22 PM