I've been using this phone since a week after launch in the UK (adore it) and I've been adding to a list all the things I would like for BlackBerry to consider adding or tweaking. It's very likely that some of these things are already implemented and I just haven't figured out how to do them yet so by all means, please enlighten me Also, some of these are requests that have been dealt with elsewhere, yes. But its easier for me to just outline them all instead of doing a search and finding post links for each one of them. Sorry.

Localisation for currency symbol. Obviously, living in the UK, the pound symbol is the currency symbol I'm going to use most. Even though the physical keyboard on the 9900 had a dollar symbol on it, I could still change the settings for it to use a pound symbol as the default so it ought not to be missing on a virtual keyboard.

Copy page address. I really miss being able to copy a page address while in the browser while on the actual page itself. Copying the link before I go to the page or selecting the URL and copying is slightly irksome.

More ring tones. The amount of ring tones was a disappointment for me, but it also tends to be even more of a disappointment for first time BlackBerry users that I've managed to convert. Going through all the ring tones is probably the first thing most people do when they get a new phone.

Calendar call dates. I'd like to be able to set my calendar with events that are linked to a contact and their number. It would be cool if I got a reminder to call someone at a specific time and be presented with a button to press to make that call straight from the reminder.

Export SMS text conversations into text file. I would like to have an option to preserve memorable conversations in a more universal format.

Delete email on handheld only.

Numeric passcode. As an option, I don't need to worry about espionage. I just need something that will keep my data safe long enough for me to report the phone missing and login to to BlackBerry Protect. Security is vital for many, but for the average consumer a numeric pass code is a good compromise between security and convenience.

Walking options for BlackBerry maps.

An option to delete all completed remember items.

When I swipe up and to the right I would like it to go to the top hub view with everything included by default.

I would like to be able to share/repost stuff from my feed in Facebook.

Facebook chat; there's no way of finding out which of my Facebook friends is currently online without using IM+. Using IM+ means I get I get a chat notification from IM+ and a Facebook message notification, both for one message. It's a pain.

I would like the rotation lock to stay on even after a restart.

I would like for BBM group notifications to be separate from those of contacts in the notifications settings.

I don't have much money but I do like to have a look through BlackBerry world and I often see apps I plan to purchase later. So it would be nice to have a wish list.

I would like to be able to unlock the phone with a swipe down from the top as well as from the bottom up.

I'm absolutely loving my Z10 and it's the best experience I've ever had on a phone, but I think these little refinements would make it even nicer still.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Whyareallthegoodnamestaken; 04-08-13 at 07:44 PM.
    SnoozerBold and FlashFlare11 like this.
    04-08-13 07:28 PM
    I love your list. I don't think these enhancements are asking too much. By the way I use a numeric passcode on my Z10.
    04-08-13 07:38 PM
    I love your list. I don't think these enhancements are asking too much. By the way I use a numeric passcode on my Z10.
    Thanks, and it's a numeric key pad that I'm after more than anything, as an option not a replacement. It'd make things easier with larger buttons.

04-08-13 07:41 PM
    I only read the first one. Go to the second page of the keyboard symbols.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-08-13 10:21 PM
    Localisation for currency symbol. Obviously, living in the UK, the pound symbol is the currency symbol I'm going to use most. Even though the physical keyboard on the 9900 had a dollar symbol on it, I could still change the settings for it to use a pound symbol as the default so it ought not to be missing on a virtual keyboard.

Workaround - switch to symbol, hold on the $, and you should see the pound symbol. Not perfect, and frankly if it asks me for the country, it should know how to default the dollar symbol...

Copy page address. I really miss being able to copy a page address while in the browser while on the actual page itself. Copying the link before I go to the page or selecting the URL and copying is slightly irksome.

It's a bit more work, but you could tap the address bar, which selects all the text, hold to get the menu and copy. I see where you're coming from, but i'm pretty happy with them trying to reduce the menu clutter.

Calendar call dates. I'd like to be able to set my calendar with events that are linked to a contact and their number. It would be cool if I got a reminder to call someone at a specific time and be presented with a button to press to make that call straight from the reminder.

Again, it's more steps, but you could view a calendar event detail, switch to people view, bring up their contact and have your way - you could email, text, phone, bbm, etc... as long as the contact card has the right people. People shows up there if you invite them to the event.

Again, I see where there's coming from, but that's very much POP3 behaviour...If I needed to write something that does that for ActiveSync or IMAP, it means that I need to track what the user has deleted, but didn't want to delete on the server. It will have an impact on performance. OTOH, that's a behaviour that clearly some people use (I don't, unfortunately.)

Numeric passcode. As an option, I don't need to worry about espionage. I just need something that will keep my data safe long enough for me to report the phone missing and login to to BlackBerry Protect. Security is vital for many, but for the average consumer a numeric pass code is a good compromise between security and convenience.
    This one upsets me - for my personal use, I just need a casual PIN protection / Pattern protection (I love that feature on Android). I get that they want that extra complexity for full alphanumeric password for corporations, but for casual use, a PIN + BB Protect is more than enough.

Did you try tap and hold on a post? There's a share option in the menu.

I would like to be able to unlock the phone with a swipe down from the top as well as from the bottom up.
    Personally I don't prefer that approach - most of the time, I stick the phone in my pocket with the screen facing me, upside down. Sometimes I may not have used the phone for a while / pressed the power button, and the device is already sleeping. having the swipe down to wake the device would mean that my phone would be accidentally turned on when I put it in my pocket.
    I'm absolutely loving my Z10 and it's the best experience I've ever had on a phone, but I think these little refinements would make it even nicer still.

There's lots of good stuff, some of the comments are simply wondering aloud if you know similar feature exists, some of them I have uses for my Z10 that might not work too well with the suggestion.
    04-08-13 10:49 PM
    Lots of interesting new stuff in your list.

FYI there is (are) actual threads discussing tweaks we would like to see in the future releases / update. See one of them below :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-769694/

This one have been linked in following discussion related to the Kevin blogs when he made an interview with Mr. Thorston in the USA. On that interview Mr. Thorston was saying he was reading news & comments here on the CrackBerry site.
    So might be a good idea to link it to the above mentioned thread.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 02:02 AM
    I only read the first one. Go to the second page of the keyboard symbols.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    Seems you didn't even read the first one properly. :-P I already know how to get to symbols on the keyboard, I'm not an *****. I just want to change the default dollar key to a pound key.

Thank you calyth for the FB tip. I didn't know that. It's just made my life easier.

Last edited by Whyareallthegoodnamestaken; 04-14-13 at 02:57 AM.
    04-09-13 06:29 AM
    The sign is on the second page of symbols, so 2 swipes down on the keyboard will bring it up. Although, I agree that it would be nice if the dollar sign on the first page was changed regionally to match the currency.

With regards to fb chat, I bookmark the touch site, it works like an app and will very quickly show you which of your contacts are online - http://touch.facebook.com/.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:41 AM
    Very reasonable and good list!

I actually just thought of one today: swiping up from and app and going to the left to go directly to the app grid. I'm sure a lot of people have already requested this feature but I just realized today how much more convenient this function would be.
    04-09-13 03:42 PM

I actually just thought of one today: swiping up from and app and going to the left to go directly to the app grid. I'm sure a lot of people have already requested this feature but I just realized today how much more convenient this function would be.
    Yeah now that's a nice idea! I love it.

FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-09-13 05:52 PM
    I second the rotation lock, ringtones and wish list requests.
    04-10-13 10:47 AM
    I'd like to see some options that allow a user to change the default font, font size, and font color for emails. I'd like to be able to have my outlook and phone match, so it isn't obvious that I am away from the office. Adam did a post about the font color on reply emails awhile ago, and while it is now possible to change these, I want to set the defaults.
    04-10-13 10:57 AM
    I don't know how much BlackBerry has to do with this but I'd love to see dynamic and updating Active Frames for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!
    russworman likes this.
    04-13-13 10:36 PM
    Really like this list, keypad is a good one I just feel the password screen doesn't fit with the 'flow' of the phone if you get me?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:48 AM

Just swiping up and releasing drops you in the app grid

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:57 AM
    Just swiping up and releasing drops you in the app grid

Posted via CB10
    It takes you to the active frame screen most of the time.
    04-14-13 02:59 AM
    Great list. Being able to swipe left/right between messages would be great too. Right now, I have to go back to my mail box to read next messages

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:54 AM
    It takes you to the active frame screen most of the time.
    True, scratch what I said I was thinking of something different

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:47 PM
    I was going to say switching between apps like you do on the PlayBook, but, the screen layers in apps probably prevents that. How about two fingers from left to right across the screen to switch apps?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:50 PM
    How about having it set so that when using HDMI of it allows for full screen showing enough app grids to fill the screen. Maybe three I think and if you don't have that many apps then it centers it with full wallpaper...

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:08 PM
    Things like making the rotation lock setting sticky after a reboot should be customizable! There is no right or wrong for something like that

My suggestion regarding rotation lock is that it should be selectable from the browser pull down menu. Usually the only time I think about it is when I'm in the browser, so it is logical that it should be selectable there
    04-22-13 01:14 AM
    I've been using this phone since a week after launch in the UK (adore it) and I've been adding to a list all the things I would like for BlackBerry to consider adding or tweaking. It's very likely that some of these things are already implemented and I just haven't figured out how to do them yet so by all means, please enlighten me Also, some of these are requests that have been dealt with elsewhere, yes. But its easier for me to just outline them all instead of doing a search and finding post links for each one of them. Sorry.

More ring tones. The amount of ring tones was a disappointment for me, but it also tends to be even more of a disappointment for first time BlackBerry users that I've managed to convert. Going through all the ring tones is probably the first thing most people do when they get a new phone.

Export SMS text conversations into text file. I would like to have an option to preserve memorable conversations in a more universal format.

Walking options for BlackBerry maps.

An option to delete all completed remember items.

When I swipe up and to the right I would like it to go to the top hub view with everything included by default.

Facebook chat; there's no way of finding out which of my Facebook friends is currently online without using IM+. Using IM+ means I get I get a chat notification from IM+ and a Facebook message notification, both for one message. It's a pain.

I would like the rotation lock to stay on even after a restart.

I would like for BBM group notifications to be separate from those of contacts in the notifications settings.

I don't have much money but I do like to have a look through BlackBerry world and I often see apps I plan to purchase later. So it would be nice to have a wish list.

Maybe I misunderstood, but you can copy and paste the link from the address bar with a long press

Attachment 153741
    If I've misunderstood feel free to correct me.

Swiping from the top down is highly unlikely, that gesture is already used to pull down the settings menu etc and put the device into bedside mode.
    I wouldn't hold out too long for that

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Attached Thumbnails Feature requests-img_00000152.png  
    04-22-13 01:28 AM
    Perhaps this is already on the list, but I'd like to see the ability to mark an app to autostart in an active frame after boot.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:00 PM
    The only feature I would love to have implemented would be maybe the active frames not be on the right swipe since that makes me double swipe from the home screen into the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:38 PM
    The only feature I would love to have implemented would be maybe the active frames not be on the right swipe since that makes me double swipe from the home screen into the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    Seems that you're missing the key gesture of peek... up from the bottom and to the right will bring you to the hub from any screen... you never have to swipe twice to get there!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:15 PM
27 12