I recently got the z10 for verizon, and am trying to customize the HUB. I can select what items I want to show up in the settings in HUB management. I have only selected my 2 em,ail accounts, and visual voicemail. (which doesnt seem to have a sepreate home screen icon either?)
    Even after selecting the items to show/ not show, and restarting the HUB with the 5 diagonal swipes, etc- all of the other choices are still there. Texts, Facebook., BBM, etc- Am I missing something in the way I did this, or am I wrongly assuming that these other unwanted items will disappear from the list? ANy help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    04-08-13 11:42 AM
    The icons will still show in the HUB list, but the messages from those places won't appear in the general HUB. Stupid i know.
    04-08-13 12:04 PM
    Think of the Hub list (which is the list of all accounts with the black background) as the individual inboxes for your accounts, and the Hub as being the main messages inbox. Any accounts that you exclude in your Hub management settings are still listed in the Hub list, but the messages for those accounts won't be in your Hub. I only include in my Hub those more important accounts that I want to be able to "peek" at right away if I get a notification (I only have 2 of my 5 email addresses, my texts, Facebook and phone calls in my Hub). All of my other accounts I don't care to see the messages immediately (to peek at) but all I have to do is look at that Hub list to see which accounts I have new messages in and I can click on them individually. I still get all the messages and notifications but they don't clutter my Hub. On my old BBs I never even used the main messages Inbox (which is what the Hub really is). I used the individual inboxes.
    04-10-13 10:08 PM
    This is really dumb! If the messages are going to be in the Hub, allow the ability to remove the acct from the Hub all together.
    ShaneN. likes this.
    04-10-13 10:36 PM
    This is really dumb! If the messages are going to be in the Hub, allow the ability to remove the acct from the Hub all together.
    agreed
    04-10-13 11:34 PM
    I want to remove an item from the hub, I had to reinstall Twitter and now I have two Twitters in my hub (I only have one account), any ideas?
    05-30-13 08:15 PM
    I want to remove an item from the hub, I had to reinstall Twitter and now I have two Twitters in my hub (I only have one account), any ideas?
    Restart your hub?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-30-13 08:22 PM
    agreed
    Not entirely actually, I find it's right for me the way it is.
    People may not necessarily want certain accounts cluttering up their HUB but still want easy access to those accounts, which they could then have via the HUB.
    That's the entire point of the HUB, everything is supposed to be easy to access and gathered in one place.

But for arguments sake I suppose they could have it as option that you can, toggle the account on/off in the HUB list

05-30-13 08:31 PM
    Restart your hub?

Yes, I've restarted my hub. ( I live the swipe 5x method btw!)
    06-01-13 02:53 PM
    Guys how to instantly delete all message in the hub....coz hate it deleting 1 by 1

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 03:41 PM
    How's that stupid?

So we can get threads from people complaining BlackBerry sucks because they can't get email for an account they accidentally removed from the hub?

Personally I keep calls off the main hub but still look at the list when I get alerts or need to review my call log

Posted via CB10 on my sweet Z10
    06-01-13 03:51 PM
    Not entirely actually, I find it's right for me the way it is.
    People may not necessarily want certain accounts cluttering up their HUB but still want easy access to those accounts, which they could then have via the HUB.
    That's the entire point of the HUB, everything is supposed to be easy to access and gathered in one place.

Good point. But there is one instance where this doesn't work well: I don't like Twitter, I don't use it and I've even deleted the app from my phone. But it still appears in my Hub....
    06-02-13 01:07 AM
    Good point. But there is one instance where this doesn't work well: I don't like Twitter, I don't use it and I've even deleted the app from my phone. But it still appears in my Hub....
    Well that's not spossed to happen.
    I don't use twitter either and I don't have it on my device or in my HUB. The only time it comes back is if I update device and it's packaged in with the software from my carrier, but then I just delete it again.
    I've got a question or 2 if you don't mind.
    Did you ever login to the twitter app?
    How did you delete it from your device?
    If you got to Settings>Accounts is it still there? If it is, have you tried deleting it from there?

06-02-13 01:15 AM