BB10 leaves a lot to be desired. I cannot bring myself to love the Z10, especially without BIS. My hierarchy of needs hasn't changed, I missed true push email, nottifications, headless apps, the amazing (in retrospect) T4BB and even Facebook apps, efficency on slow speed networks, trackpad, back button, yes, even home button, dedicated menu button, that instant call button that can be used from within any app but most of all I missed reliable email, ever since the update about a month ago I couldn't sent attachmenets or reply to emails with no fix in sight. And I'm trully scared to bring this phone roaming, I find data usage scary.

So I'm back on my 9900 and I find it refreshing, a true powerhorse.

I've been a legacy fan since 2008 and I'll remain a legacy fan until they pull the plug on it. Anybody else?
    04-08-13 03:00 AM
    BB10 leaves a lot to be desired. I cannot bring myself to love the Z10, especially without BIS. My hierarchy of needs hasn't changed, I missed true push email, nottifications, headless apps, the amazing (in retrospect) T4BB and even Facebook apps, efficency on slow speed networks, trackpad, back button, yes, even home button, dedicated menu button, that instant call button that can be used from within any app but most of all I missed reliable email, ever since the update about a month ago I couldn't sent attachmenets or reply to emails with no fix in sight. And I'm trully scared to bring this phone roaming, I find data usage scary.

I've been a legacy fan since 2008 and I'll remain a legacy fan until they pull the plug on it. Anybody else?

First of all, honest congratulation to BB for developing complete new OS and make it alive in a short time!!
    I have been tested both Z10 (non-LTE) and Q10 (LTE) and can say it has a lot of complete new features and possibilities, compering to OS 7.1.
    Opinion on missing old devices or not, should depend on personal needs and carrier's offers, which are very different in each country.
    I can say ONLY for my country and carrier:
    - if I wouldn't travel often and would be able to do all business in domestic country only, then YES, I will go with BB10 devices
    - as my carrier offers BIS monthly fee for EUR 12,6 and BIS Roaming for EUR 14,7 so far, I see NO financial reason to leave my Bold 9900
    - regardless of huge advantage of OS 10 vs OS 7.1, data roaming consumption is too expensive for business purpose
    - now is everything in hands of our carriers
    - if in the near future they could offer better roaming BB data package (or some kind of special for BB10 users), then I will go with BB10
    04-08-13 03:16 AM

I'm not surprised, I had a feeling you might feel this way.
    Guessing you've got the same thoughts on the Q10 coming up then?

The Z10 is very flash, nice to play with, and I love the Peek gestures.
    It's also completely unreliable for email, lacking a lot of apps even legacy devices had, and the trackpad, when it comes to people looking for efficiency and lots of text manipulation, dropping the trackpad completely just seems such a strange, and awful, decision.

I find myself playing with the Z10 as a toy, but unable to be productive on it, in fact less productive than on my last Android device.
    I started checking Ebay yesterday for 9900s as that is, in my opinion, the best device for email at the moment, I don't know if I'll actually make the switch but it's very very very tempting.

In an ideal world they would release a 9900 successor shortly, with a better camera, and I'd be all over it, it's just the camera that's holding me back from switching back immediately.
    04-08-13 03:30 AM
    hmm i managed to send attachments a few weeks ago. but that may not be the same thing as what you are describing
    But i agree with your post OP
    in terms of data usage, i managed to use half a gig in my first month. I used wifi while at home but it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, but i wont think about roaming.
    I see BB10 as a project in progress, i'm hoping 10.1 brings legacy features back, but for me BB10 has a way to go before it will be as good as 7.1 is.
    Although i am using my Z10 as my sole phone, i would like to say, and it gets me by
    miker476 likes this.
    04-08-13 03:44 AM
    hmm i managed to send attachments a few weeks ago. but that may not be the same thing as what you are describing
    Only hosted email accounts are affected, not gmail yahoo etc.
    04-08-13 04:03 AM
    Only hosted email accounts are affected, not gmail yahoo etc.
    That explains it. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:10 AM
    Cant say Im really surprised either and you certainly arent alone. Several threads with the same sentiment.

IMO BB developed a great new OS and its certainly more competitive with iOS and Android but I cant help but feel in some ways they gave a big slap in the face to those that stayed with them. The people that loved the great things that made OS 7 as successful as it was seem to be lost in BB10.

I find some things really nice and others features seem to be more than than function. The HUB has not really grown on me much. Takes 3x as long to do somethings as compared to previous BBOS or my Android. While only saving a microsecond here and there for other things. As much as peek and flow and the cards are nice its still an in and out type paradigm.

Its a new OS and it will take time and the sales seem reasonable enough to keep the company in the right direction but yet at the same time it seems like it was pushed and released just a little to early.

Also I am curious to see if you will be giving the Q10 a run as soon as its out or if you are taking the wait and see approach with that
    04-08-13 11:29 AM
    I miss a lot of features from Android that BB10 is lacking, but I will still keep this as my main device. I would never go back to BB7. Ever. But I can see why people still like it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-08-13 11:35 AM
    I tried the z10 for 7 days and went back to my 9930. As a personal communication device, the 9930 is the best device I've ever used. The 9930 touch screen, trackpad, and the keyboard provide the best "tailored fit" for interacting with device. Which, for me seems better than swiping all the time. Maybe the q10 will work, I'm going to give it a try. If the q10 doesn't work out, then I can easily go with the 9930 for a few more years, plus if it needs repaired the parts are inexpensive. As a side note; I seemed to have settled on using a 7 inch tablet for my mobile internet.
    barbarianthemadserb and jegs2 like this.
    04-08-13 12:05 PM

Gene's account obviously got hacked
    04-08-13 12:05 PM
    Hacked or not the post is absolutely true

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 12:07 PM
    It was just a little sarcasm. Good on him telling the truth, it's not going to be for everyone. Can't help feeling he's about to take some flak though.
    04-08-13 12:09 PM
    That explains it. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    I get my mail through Telus email account through Bell carrrier through to my BB 9900 .. How will that be affected if I go to a Q10 or Z10 ?
    04-08-13 12:17 PM
    It was just a little sarcasm. Good on him telling the truth, it's not going to be for everyone. Can't help feeling he's about to take some flak though.
    Ahh, I need smileys to get sarcasm on forums

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 12:17 PM
    Cant say Im really surprised either and you certainly arent alone. Several threads with the same sentiment.

IMO BB developed a great new OS and its certainly more competitive with iOS and Android but I cant help but feel in some ways they gave a big slap in the face to those that stayed with them. The people that loved the great things that made OS 7 as successful as it was seem to be lost in BB10.

I find some things really nice and others features seem to be more than than function. The HUB has not really grown on me much. Takes 3x as long to do somethings as compared to previous BBOS or my Android. While only saving a microsecond here and there for other things. As much as peek and flow and the cards are nice its still an in and out type paradigm.

Its a new OS and it will take time and the sales seem reasonable enough to keep the company in the right direction but yet at the same time it seems like it was pushed and released just a little to early.

Also I am curious to see if you will be giving the Q10 a run as soon as its out or if you are taking the wait and see approach with that
    I have no choice but to wait and see with that one, my upgrade is in June or July. It could work if it had BIS but without it I would need at least a 3gb data plan instead of 1GB I have now. I might just keep the Z10 as a second phone on a data only pre pay sim.
    04-08-13 03:27 PM
    I have no choice but to wait and see with that one, my upgrade is in June or July. It could work if it had BIS but without it I would need at least a 3gb data plan instead of 1GB I have now. I might just keep the Z10 as a second phone on a data only pre pay sim.
    At least you didn't pay off contract prices for it so you can afford to keep it as a second phone.
    Not an option for me, not after dropping near 500 quid on the Z10.
    If I use summat else as my primary, I need to sell it, and it's already lost about 200 quid in value.
    04-08-13 03:51 PM
    I agree with the OP I cannot sell my bold 9900 I don't know why :/ but I truly loved the bold 9780 may I will downgrade to this....

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    04-08-13 04:02 PM
    I love my 9790 except the new crackberry site kinda chugs on it. Better than it crashing my brows on my pearl 3g.. And that was the old cb site. I'm in love with the styling and specs of the Q10, but I think ill stick with this little bold for a while longer
    04-08-13 04:09 PM

It's starting to look like BBRY threw the Baby out with the bathwater.......
    ....There is simply no other reason a device historically known for it's email ability.
    ....Is having the grave issues it is having right out of the gate.

BBRY even removed it's native voice notes recorder.....
    ...Can't count the number of times I've used that native App for meetings, my own voice notes, etc!
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-08-13 04:17 PM
    It's starting to look like BBRY threw the Baby out with the bathwater.......
    ....There is simply no other reason a device historically known for it's email ability.
    ....Is having the grave issues it is having right out of the gate.

BBRY even removed it's native voice notes recorder.....
    ...Can't count the number of times I've used that native App for meetings, my own voice notes, etc!

Isn't that in the Remember app?
    southlander likes this.
    04-08-13 04:26 PM

I find some things really nice and others features seem to be more than than function. The HUB has not really grown on me much. Takes 3x as long to do somethings as compared to previous BBOS or my Android. While only saving a microsecond here and there for other things.

Holy cow!!! People will freak about this. BlackBerry didn't do anything wrong!!! This os is perfect.
    And not for nothing... you banned people last week for expressing those same sentiments.

Posted via CB10
    devinthomas likes this.
    04-08-13 04:37 PM
    Holy cow!!! People will freak about this. BlackBerry didn't do anything wrong!!! This os is perfect.
    And not for nothing... you banned people last week for expressing those same sentiments.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I've been here about 2 years and howarmat wouldn't ban anyone unless they were really asking for it, certainly not for just expressing a viewpoint on either side of a discussion.
    If he and pk were any more laid back they'd be horizontal.
    04-08-13 04:48 PM
    I can understand where you're coming from belfast. In my opinion the Z10 is great and I'm excited to see what comes down the road. I love the hub and how my email is handled, especially attachments like spreadsheets and word docs. Maybe after they tweak it further it will be a better fit for you. Until then you have an excellent 9900 to use.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-08-13 04:50 PM
    Isn't that in the Remember app?
    Compared to what people have said here about it.......
    ...You have to title the file prior to recording it.
    ...It's not like the previous voice notes where you simply open the app and hit record.
    04-08-13 05:01 PM
    Compared to what people have said here about it.......
    ...You have to title the file prior to recording it.
    ...It's not like the previous voice notes where you simply open the app and hit record.
    You don't have to title it first, I just tried it, in fact you don't have to title it at all, just hit new entry and tap the voice note icon at the bottom. You can save it without adding a title.
    04-08-13 05:08 PM
618 123 ...