Should I insurance claim my phone out? Its getting pretty battered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 07:56 PM
    If it is wokring, I doubt they fill the claim, you can try if you like. look around here there are a lot posts of where you can get replacement parts.
    10-05-08 08:00 PM
    Do you have a legitament reason too, or are asking whether or not should you commit insurance fraud?
    10-05-08 08:01 PM
    Doesn't matter how bashed, bruised, battered, tattered, mangled, train wrecked
    It is...if it still works then don't bother, if it is broken then yes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 08:12 PM
    call and say you accidentally dropped it and broke the screen and cant see it, use it till the replacement gets there then....accidentally drop it and break the screen. its technically not insurance fraud you are just predicting the future. or if you dont care about lying to asurion then say you lost it get a new one, swap the housings out and send one of them to get painted by beckymae. beware though from my experience about 15% of the phones ive seen replaced by insurance are lemons and you will have to get them to send you a replacement.

note: i dont condone insurance fraud, im just letting you know some options in case you do decide to go this route. i know plenty of people who have used insurance to replace a phone a got a lemon and not known it was a refurb.
    Last edited by rockstar323; 10-06-08 at 08:56 PM.
    10-06-08 08:53 PM
    insurance will only replace a phone for physical damage for it NOT working. so see if your phone can fly then claim insurance
    10-06-08 09:04 PM
    They'll also replace if it's stolen. Or dropped.

report it stolen, or smack it on the cement & crack the screen. Pay the $50 deductible and they'll send you another phone (same one you have, not a newer model)

If its worth the $50 deductible to get a fresher version of what you already have, then go for it.

Oh, also they'll only do 1 claim per year, so if you accidentally do something to your replacement in that same year, you're out of luck.
    10-07-08 08:13 AM
    call and say you accidentally dropped it and broke the screen and cant see it, use it till the replacement gets there then....accidentally drop it and break the screen. its technically not insurance fraud you are just predicting the future. or if you dont care about lying to asurion then say you lost it get a new one, swap the housings out and send one of them to get painted by beckymae. beware though from my experience about 15% of the phones ive seen replaced by insurance are lemons and you will have to get them to send you a replacement.

note: i dont condone insurance fraud, im just letting you know some options in case you do decide to go this route. i know plenty of people who have used insurance to replace a phone a got a lemon and not known it was a refurb.
    They'll also replace if it's stolen. Or dropped.

report it stolen, or smack it on the cement & crack the screen. Pay the $50 deductible and they'll send you another phone (same one you have, not a newer model)
    If its worth the $50 deductible to get a fresher version of what you already have, then go for it.
    Oh, also they'll only do 1 claim per year, so if you accidentally do something to your replacement in that same year, you're out of luck.
    It's no wonder my deductible is so HIGH! You could just deal with some scratches or buy a new housing for $30!
    10-07-08 08:19 AM
    I confess to being surprised at how many CB members are willing to do shady things in the name of their BBs---I know that just owning a BB doesn't make someone better(that much is OBVIOUS), but still.....<shrug>
    10-07-08 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD