Just getting info since I still have another year with sprint. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of leaving sprint and coming to AT&T?
    04-07-13 12:51 PM
    I just recently departed from Sprint to AT&T, for me it's been wonderful experience.. My plan is vary similar to what I had with sprint and saving around $40 bucks now , exception the con steps in I am on a 3 gigs of data plan $20 bucks a month which you being a sprint customer its unlimited data .. since sprint doesn't have LTE here where I live its a majored improvement moving over to AT&T LTE . The pro the data speed is excellent, haven't been had any roaming, crystal clear calling.. the only thing now is you have too watch you your data usage, and take full advantage of wifi.. which I always done anyways.. Best of luck on your decisions.

Posted from my lovely BlackBerry Z10
    world saviour likes this.
    04-07-13 03:19 PM
    Thank you very much for the information. I think I'll be leaning toward AT&T, I have a family plan with 4 lines at this moment. I just don't want to spend too much money on data, I hope 10 gb will be enough for the whole family. I also think having the 1st Playbook with wifi only is a plus in taking advantage of depending on wifi for the most part. I'm really happy for you and hope you're satisfied with the Z10. Peace.
    Last edited by world saviour; 04-08-13 at 11:25 AM. Reason: correction
    mzceetee likes this.
    04-08-13 06:45 AM
    im an ATT customer using a sprint hotspot to give me more data. when i start running low i use wifi from my sprint hotspot to supplement and i use the sprint hotspot for my computer as well..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-10-13 02:09 AM
    Is the sprint hotspot cheaper than ATT?
    04-10-13 08:58 AM
    The only thing I miss is unlimited data, but I don't use much anyway.

I am glad I switched to ATT. Better service!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    mzceetee and Trick_Deck like this.
    04-10-13 09:20 PM
    The only thing I miss is unlimited data, but I don't use much anyway.

I am glad I switched to ATT. Better service!

I was waiting to hear from you, I have a family plan with 4 lines and I know I'll miss unlimited data. With that said when not on wifi, do you run through gb's? I'm guessing for myself at least 6gb, if I go with the family plan maybe 10gb. How many gb do you have?
    04-11-13 07:04 PM
    Far better service, 40 times faster data, better coverage, clearer calls and the Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:16 PM
    I left Sprint for T-mobile. I like the plans, and coverage is great where I am. Tmo 4G is much faster than Sprint 1XEV. No complaints at all. Price is actually cheaper for the monthly plan. Only thing I miss is free Tele-nav included in the price of the plan. I could add it for 3.99 a month though.....
    idon12no likes this.
    04-12-13 10:25 PM
    I was waiting to hear from you, I have a family plan with 4 lines and I know I'll miss unlimited data. With that said when not on wifi, do you run through gb's? I'm guessing for myself at least 6gb, if I go with the family plan maybe 10gb. How many gb do you have?
    I don't really use data where I can't use wifi because I'm usually busy and don't bother using data. I have not even used a gig yet. I got the smallest amount of data and the rep said I can watch it for the first month and change it if needed. Right now I am good and only have a few more days of my first month. So I'd talk to a rep and they can help you choose what would be best. It all depends on how much data you and your family use off of wifi. How many videos are watched how much music is streamed, etc. You can always change it too after monitoring it through the first month or two.

04-13-13 07:03 PM
    I don't really use data where I can't use wifi because I'm usually busy and don't bother using data. I have not even used a gig yet. I got the smallest amount of data and the rep said I can watch it for the first month and change it if needed. Right now I am good and only have a few more days of my first month. So I'd talk to a rep and they can help you choose what would be best. It all depends on how much data you and your family use off of wifi. How many videos are watched how much music is streamed, etc. You can always change it too after monitoring it through the first month or two.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I don't have wifi at work. I also have a 20 year old son who's pretty active on his cell. Thanks for the info. Peace.
    04-14-13 10:31 PM
    AT&T has data calculators on their website that you can play with. It will help you estimate the amount of data you may use. With that said, the biggest killer of data buckets is streaming video -Netflix or Amazon Video for example.

All AT&T devices have a myATT app for monitoring usage as well so you can see how everyone is doing.

Posted via CB10
    mzceetee likes this.
    04-19-13 05:04 PM
    I left Sprint myself for AT&T. The only thing I miss is not having to monitor data. Truthfully its a small inconvenience. You take advantage of wifi (which I did anyway because my service was so slow and spotty on Sprint) and you check the usage app every so often. Not a big enough issue to complain about. My coverage is amazing now. Data speeds are very fast. I'm loving the transition to GSM and having my device unlocked for travel. I would love unlimited. But the quality of service for me is worth the minor inconvenience.

Via CB10 on AT&T Z10
    mzceetee likes this.
    05-07-13 11:45 PM
    I left Sprint because the data speeds were very poor. AT&T is much faster with similar coverage. The problem I have with AT&T is the bill. I have 6gb and 3 phones and my bill is $244 with a 16% Corp discount. I will be leaving AT&T shortly for T-Mobile. Coverage is not as good, but way cheaper. Way cheaper. I'm tired of being taken advantage of by the big carriers.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 03:29 AM
    I left Sprint for T-Mobile, and I'm glad I did. I got the 500 mb plan, and my slow Internet was equal to or better than the bs I used to have with Sprint.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    05-10-13 03:49 AM
    I left Sprint because the data speeds were very poor. AT&T is much faster with similar coverage. The problem I have with AT&T is the bill. I have 6gb and 3 phones and my bill is $244 with a 16% Corp discount. I will be leaving AT&T shortly for T-Mobile. Coverage is not as good, but way cheaper. Way cheaper. I'm tired of being taken advantage of by the big carriers.

Posted via CB10
    That seems really high for 3 phones on AT&T. What plan are you on, if I can ask?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 03:58 PM
    I always say tmobile is the best, no overages, none of that crap, 20 bucks for completely unlimited data.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-16-13 04:40 PM
    That seems really high for 3 phones on AT&T. What plan are you on, if I can ask?

Posted via CB10
    I got the bill adjusted and it comes in just over $200 a month. Its the 6gig share plan. I'm dropping them on Monday in favor of T-Mobile prepaid.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 05:03 PM
    I got the bill adjusted and it comes in just over $200 a month. Its the 6gig share plan. I'm dropping them on Monday in favor of T-Mobile prepaid.

Posted via CB10
    While I believe that AT&T has better service I would suggest going with tmobile no contract post paid plan if you are definitely switching. It's way cheaper than trying to get each line on prepaid.

Via CB10 on AT&T Z10
    05-16-13 08:03 PM
    While I believe that AT&T has better service I would suggest going with tmobile no contract post paid plan if you are definitely switching. It's way cheaper than trying to get each line on prepaid.

Via CB10 on AT&T Z10
    I've been using AT&T and prepaid T-Mobile side by side for the last three months. AT&T does have better service, but in my day to day usage, I don't notice any difference. I'm dropping to two lines at $30 a piece. 100 min talk, unlimited text and unlimited data. The first 5gb is at 4G. Its the best deal in town if the coverage works for you. I'm saving so much money, I can get a mifi for vacations and travel where T-Mobile doesn't cut the mustard.

To each his own.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:10 PM
    After 5gb its throttled rendering it almost useless.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-16-13 09:11 PM
    After 5gb its throttled rendering it almost useless.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    That's an amusing comment. Consider that on AT&T I have 6 gb shared and this is 5 for each phone. This is -way- more data than I can use in a month.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:17 PM
    Not amusing to the people who use more than that.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-16-13 09:22 PM
    I left sprint during blackberry 9650, and never turned back to many coverage issues. Never knew data was so fast til att and I got in soon enough to grab unlimited data, I hate throttling although, I hate sprint more. I also like gsm more buy a phone pop in ur sim as long as ur on lte data plan any phone that uses same size sim works.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 09:29 PM
    I left sprint for the Z10. As far as service goes. AT&T has had better indoor reception. And I could take advantage of the larger LTE coverage. But I gave up unlimited everything and higher cost plan. If sprint was getting the Z10 at launch I would have never switched, I had no issues with sprint.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 08:31 PM
41 12