I have to return the Z10. Hugely dissappointed. Although, I am getting another one, I am concerned. My calendar went nuts on me and everything dissappeared when I did a device swap. Then I would wipe the phone to restart fresh, but the calendar was still getting stuck when I would go into options or refresh ( the back button would be gone and only a battery pull would let me go back into the calendar). New events would vanish and the lock screen would lose that calendar that was always showing upcoming events.

Final straw is how whenever I put in my headphones, the voice command would activate no matter what headphones I put in there. And to top it all off, I had to seat the jack just right in order to get any sound. Not cool for a brand new device.

It was a sad moment considering the patient wait we all had for this cool device. 9900 was my savior but I am cautiously optomistic that a new Z10 and a different approach to moving in my memos, contacts, and passwords will be the way to go. NO device swap this time. I will load in all calendar events one by one to keep this bug from happening again.
    04-06-13 10:33 AM
    Anyone else (if you had issues with your first Z10) had success when they got another Z10?
    04-06-13 10:41 AM
    I have been through 3 of them but this one is great so far.
    04-06-13 10:43 AM
    No issues with my mth old Z10 here. I must be very lucky as its disheartening to see quite a few people suffer with issues on their z10s.
    04-06-13 10:50 AM
    I have been through 3 of them but this one is great so far.
    3? Really? That sucks. It is hard enough for me to spare a few moments to replace one. Yikes! Why 3? And you're definetly faithful to BB.
    04-06-13 10:51 AM
    Did you try other headphones? Were they all activating the voice command function (well, all the headphones with buttons, anyways)?

P.S. I'm on my 1st Z10 also on Tmobile and mine's perfect. Nothing to complain about.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-06-13 10:53 AM
    Tried 4 different types of headphones then bought a 3 pole set which is supposed to be better for the Z10. The voice was activated every time. Mine is a tmobile one as well. The tmo rep couldn't replicate my issue and had not heard of this happening to anyone else. Still in my 14 day guilt free window. Getting a new one today.
    04-06-13 11:05 AM
    First has been golden from VZW. Definitely excited for the Q10 to drop too.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:07 AM
    No problems with my Z10, however i went thru 3 - 9900's before I was happy (still love that phone) sometimes **** happens and you have to go thru a few to get the good one. It's sort of the same with a lot of stuff, cars houses, appliances, jobs, husbands, wives.... lol
    jordanc76, CDM76 and eddy_berry like this.
    04-06-13 11:15 AM
    No problems with my Z10, however i went thru 3 - 9900's before I was happy (still love that phone) sometimes **** happens and you have to go thru a few to get the good one. It's sort of the same with a lot of stuff, cars houses, appliances, jobs, husbands, wives.... lol
    Funny. It would be a lot of trouble for those other things. Just the new phone. Another faithful BB user though. Glad to hear you all are patient.
    04-06-13 11:21 AM
    Now that's dedication. Three times. I know these things happen with any new product launch, but it seems you have had the worst luck of anyone who has purchased the Z10. My company has a total 103 Z10's circulating. Not one has been returned. Could be a bad batch in your neck of the woods? Anyway, I hope things work out for you. No matter what, the Z10 is well worth it.

Posted via CB10
    sonbuster and CDM76 like this.
    04-06-13 11:29 AM
    I've had three retail Z10's and two limited edition developers Z10's and have had none of the issues you described. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people aren't having some problems with their new Z10's. I just consider my self fortunate so far.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DawgMan; 04-07-13 at 08:04 AM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-06-13 11:30 AM
    No issues here first time from the store. Sorry to hear all the problems people are having. This is one marvelous device.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:37 AM
    Mine may be going back. I can't handle this battery life. And with no update in site for Verizon I have a bad taste in my mouth. Tempted to go back to iPhone 5 and save upgrade for something better. When ever that may come out.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:45 AM
    I'm on my second one from Verizon. They had no arguments for replacing the device. Over heats, periodic restarts and shutdowns and black screen freezes. I'm keeping fingers crossed. I really like this Z10, and wanting it to work solidly. Thanks for posting.
    04-06-13 11:54 AM
    I had the headphone problem once. At the risk of making you seem dumb, is it possible that you are gripping the phone at the top and pressing the voice command button as you are putting the headphones in? Wasn't sure but this might have been why it happened to me a couple of times

Also are you with Verizon? The update really improves battery life and fixed the calendar issues for me, headphone thing hasn't happened either since the update

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:55 AM
    If you love the z10, get another one. I've gone through two 920s, my roommate has gone through two I Phone 5s because the headphone jack was f'ed. This is all part of the game. Don't be disheartened! Each cell phone release has issues. If you have issues with the next one, let us know so we can help!

Posted via my Zee10
    ihyln likes this.
    04-06-13 11:59 AM
    Also are you with Verizon? The update really improves battery life and fixed the calendar issues for me, headphone thing hasn't happened either since the update

Posted via CB10
    Oh sorry, t mobile.. don't know what to say about the calendar stuff then. I'm not having any issues since the update

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 12:02 PM
    No issus here so far, had phone since FEB 12th.

As for headphone jack, yeah you need to insert it all the way in.. SO what all devices need this.

As for voice command coming on????? only way for that is if you are pushing down middle part the button to long on the headphone volume up and down.
    04-06-13 12:05 PM
    Really? If you are negative you always find problems. All I can see that #1 Verizon is worse carrier. #2 Some people don't know how to use it and they blame device. #3 I phone still very popular in USA, but to be honest it's for teenagers. Everyone tries to compare both. If you running a business blackberry is for you, there is no question about it.

Posted via BB Z10
    04-06-13 12:28 PM
    No issues with my mth old Z10 here. I must be very lucky as its disheartening to see quite a few people suffer with issues on their z10s.
    Same here. I don't understand why there are so many of these cases being cited. My Z10 is one month old, and I haven't experienced random reboots, freezes, messy calendar (it has been nothing less than brilliant), phantom calls, etc) Is it the O/S? The carrier? The model that is being sold in the US?
    04-06-13 12:40 PM
    I bought two T-Mobile Z10's on the day they were released. I exchanged one today. Had to go to several stores to find any in stock.

The one I exchanged was randomly rebooting while it was just sitting idle and not even being touched. I was also having problems get a mobile signal. The two phones could be next to each other and the good one would have a strong LTE signal but the other one would be on edge or emergency calls only. The only way I or the T-mobile reps could get a signal to return was by rebooting the phone.

Was willing to wait out the reboot issue, but the signal/receptions problems were a concern, as well as the tight usb port used for charging. So far the signal reception seems perfect on the new Z10 that I got today.

At the store that had a Z10 in stock the rep was asking me about the phone and wanting to know if I had found any hidden features. He said a BlackBerry rep had been in this past week and trained all the reps in their store.

There was another older woman and her daughter in the store wanting to return the Z10 but the rep working with them, convinced them to keep it. I did not hear all of the conversation, but the rep asked if they liked the phone and they both said yes. They mentioned the rebooting and the rep said BlackBerry was aware of it and is working on a solution via a software update.

I left encouraged!
    04-06-13 12:49 PM
    04-06-13 12:56 PM
    Does no one here remember the numerous BRICKD 9900/30s, 9850/60s, and 9810s that we saw when that family first came out? I went through two and a lot of people went through many more than that. RIM often has issues with hardware when first released, unfortunately.
    04-06-13 01:32 PM
    [QUOTE=moshpitpal;8270407]3? Really? That sucks. It is hard enough for me to spare a few moments to replace one. Yikes! Why 3? And you're definetly faithful to BB.[/QUOTE

Faith and loyalty have NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!
    So what ? Nothing on the planet is made 100 percent all of the time. If any electronics or sensitive piece of manufacturing develops a problem you should deal with it through warranty channels. Thats what a warranty is for since the beginning of time. We all want warranty's on anything we buy because sometimes it may have a problem. You should try a new one. Any consumer good is worth a 2nd or even third try. Nothing made is perfect, thats just a fact coming from a tech in the bidness. Its hilarious to me when I see people expect anything more. Its never happend and never will. There will always be problems.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-06-13 01:38 PM
46 12