Having serious trouble with my Z10 battery life. Did an initial full charge. I have only 2 apps on the device which I have made sure are not running or synching. I have an outlook and yahoo email account running. Other than that nothing but it honestly dies within 5 to 6 hours after full charge. Any ideas why this might be? I have had the phone for about 3 days, completed 3 full charges, have tried switching to 4G, turned down the backlight etc etc....I have read many forums and just can't find a fix, has anyone else had this problem?
    04-05-13 12:01 PM
    That sounds unusual. I get a full day with a lot of use. Maybe bring it your phone carrier and see if they can give ya new battery since it's only been 3 days.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    rogie1976 and BB_Bulldog like this.
    04-05-13 12:03 PM
    I brought mind in to the store, got it swapped out... now I'm lasting 8hrs with the same amount of use I was giving the previous phone, same settings whereas with the first Z10 in was only getting about 5 hours.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:10 PM
    Having serious trouble with my Z10 battery life. Did an initial full charge. I have only 2 apps on the device which I have made sure are not running or synching. I have an outlook and yahoo email account running. Other than that nothing but it honestly dies within 5 to 6 hours after full charge. Any ideas why this might be? I have had the phone for about 3 days, completed 3 full charges, have tried switching to 4G, turned down the backlight etc etc....I have read many forums and just can't find a fix, has anyone else had this problem?
    My battery life significantly improved after 3 charges. It imporved with no adjustments on my part. Sounds weird but I have read others have experienced the same thing.

Hang tight and see if that happens.
    04-05-13 12:11 PM
    I'm only getting around 5 or 6 max

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:12 PM
    User error(s)

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:26 PM
    It's not user error -- battery life is not impacted by user error.

Clearly, there are some devices out there that have battery life issues. I suspect it's a combination of OS version, bad hardware, and user preferences (e.g. some people use their phones more heavily than others).

BB needs to get to the bottom of it, and fast, since lots of reports of five hour battery life will kill sales.
    04-05-13 12:43 PM
    Try doing a security wipe and reinstalling the OS. Heard a few people say this sorted out the battery issue. If you still have a problem after that seek a replacement. Get a full day easily out of mine, but the battery does need some conditioning to achieve this.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-05-13 12:51 PM
    Do you have a hotmail/msn account on your phone?
    04-05-13 12:54 PM
    Hotmail/MSN are just Microsoft Exchange. They wouldn't affect battery life.

(If they did, BB would be in huge trouble, since Exchange is the primary connector for corporate e-mail as well).
    04-05-13 12:55 PM
    From experience the most likely cause nowadays us the eBay app. I'd just remove until it goes native.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:56 PM
    I agree, a security wipe and restore did wonders for my battery life for whatever reason.

Also, do you have any multiple copies of sent email? Have you got email lately? It might be worth a try to see if deleting that account makes it better.

What is the idle power draw? What are the two applications? What are the power draw of those two applications?
    04-05-13 12:57 PM
    I agree, a security wipe and restore did wonders for my battery life for whatever reason.
    This is hopefully not a "fix" either -- otherwise, it invalidates the idea of having a smartphone. It's a MASSIVE chore to reset a fully-configured phone after a security wipe.
    04-05-13 12:59 PM
    Hotmail/MSN are just Microsoft Exchange. They wouldn't affect battery life.

(If they did, BB would be in huge trouble, since Exchange is the primary connector for corporate e-mail as well).
    I understand what you are saying however I had the same battery issue with my z10 and playbook. Whenever I had my hotmail account on the devices the battery would drain fast regardless if I received email from them or not. Never had the issue with my legacy devices. When I got my z10 I was hoping the issue wouldn't be there but I noticed the massive drain on the battery. Deleted the hotmail account and since I have had no problems.
    earljohnson likes this.
    04-05-13 01:01 PM
    I have two email accounts (One is Rogers (canada) that I get through yahoo email). The other is a corporate account through Outlook through our work server. The two Apps I had were the weather network and the Score, I deleted both. I wlll try the security swipe and reinstalling the OS. I do not have Hotmail and I am prety sure I already deleted EBAY since its not on my home screen anymore. Deleted a few apps that I knew I would never use right away.
    04-05-13 01:01 PM
    Do you have a hotmail/msn account on your phone?
    Outlook is the new hotmail/msn, so yes.