Is there a way to disable keyboard sound when dialing a number?

Apologies if this is on another thread, but I didn't see it. In general, I have all keyboard sounds off. But, when making a phone call and dialing manually I can't seem to figure out how to disable the tone or at least not have it on speaker. I know it needs to produce a tone for operational purposes, but I just don't need to hear it on the speaker as it is quite loud.
    04-05-13 10:22 AM
    I really don't think you want to go there-the keyboard sound is required by law to keep the pervs from sending deviant messages to perv central on the sly
    Did you not see the shutter sound thread!!!!

Posted via CB10
    ihys, niss63, k8bushlover and 3 others like this.
    04-05-13 11:32 AM
    LOL and I did see the shutter sound thread.

That said, I have never owned any kind of phone where I couldn't mute the tone when dialing a number. The only way I found now is to put the entire profile on silent.

Guess I will have to forego my clandestine calls to the office

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 11:48 AM
    Lol

Yup only workaround I've found is the vibrate or silent profiles to mute the sound.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-05-13 11:51 AM
    Use the side keys to reduce the volume all the way, you can turn the dial noise off, and it does not affect call volume

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 11:59 AM
    Yeah I also would like to know if it can be turned off to.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:00 PM
    I see that puts you in silent mode, but guess that's not a bad thing, if you are in a place where you don't want people to hear dialing you probably don't want a phone ringing either

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:03 PM
    I really don't need to hear myself dialing either. It would be just as annoying if those stupid touch tones happened every time I typed a character in this post.

Perhaps if I was visually impaired it would make perfect sense to have tone broadcast over the speaker.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:44 PM
    Did you see above where the volume buttons will turn off the dialing tones ( as well as the ringer)

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 03:50 PM
    Lol

Yup only workaround I've found is the vibrate or silent profiles to mute the sound.
    As has always been the case on a BlackBerry.
    04-05-13 03:58 PM
    I really don't think you want to go there-the keyboard sound is required by law to keep the pervs from sending deviant messages to perv central on the sly

Posted via CB10
    Lulz...

Your post and the "Wife Sharing" thread have made my day.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 04:02 PM
    Yo - Ripperj - I saw the reply about the volume buttons and tried it to no effect on my phone. Could be a quirk with the AT&T os. I don't know. And yes, the os is updated. If you have a real solution please post. If it doesn't exist so be it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 iFone killer
    04-05-13 06:33 PM
    Go into settings then language and input. Scroll down a bit to text input and select on screen keyboard. There's a slider control for keyboard feedback volume. I don't know how low the sound will go if you slide it right to the end.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 06:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL! Comment of the year!
    yvpan1 and ihys like this.
    04-05-13 06:45 PM
    P.s. You guys are so creepy! Why do you want to silence the keypad, so you can dial and let people on the other line hear a conversation without the people in the room knowing?
    HedoBum, ihys and jdhooghe like this.
    04-05-13 06:47 PM
    Dialing numbers is creepy.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    04-05-13 06:53 PM
    Dial with the phone under a pillow.
    04-05-13 06:57 PM
    Dial with the phone under a pillow.
    Or download a third party dialer app
    HedoBum and jdhooghe like this.
    04-05-13 06:58 PM
    You know - it is the uninstructive post by "CB10" users that give the forum a bad reputation. My thanks to those who have tried to be constructive in a informational forum. To all others kma and go ef off!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 iFone killer
    04-05-13 07:01 PM
    No probs. Glad I could help.
    04-05-13 07:02 PM
    You know - it is the uninstructive post by "CB10" users that give the forum a bad reputation. My thanks to those who have tried to be constructive in a informational forum. To all others kma and go ef off!
    I was actually being serious, to be honest. Why would they allow you to silence the dialer? What if you dialed a number to let others hear a private conversation without that person knowing?
    04-05-13 07:05 PM
    Is annoying and obnoxious. My girlfriend has told me a couple of times to "turn the sound OFF !" to which I have to sheepishly say "I cant" Hence the reason she is still using her 9800. Sucks that BB took away so much customization with this device. I really think they should have left all the customization, but set the default settings to what most consumers would want. That way the 80%-90% of consumers, who never change the defaults, would be happy but the remaining 10%-20% could do as we please.

Previous BB OS's had set the default settings in a manner that were not user/consumer friendly. Now, in an attempt to win the avg consumer, they have set defaults how most consumers would want but at the expense of the rest of us.
    HedoBum likes this.
    04-05-13 07:16 PM
    ^ I can see why they force the sound though. What if you called someone and let them in on a top secret company meeting? BlackBerry would probably be liable for not allowing people to know that their meeting or conversation is being broadcast. I'm pretty sure that's important in the corporate world.
    Azzir M Ismail, ihys and jdhooghe like this.
    04-05-13 07:19 PM
    The only thing that will turn off the keypad sounds (right now ) is to turn the sound off in settings. No amount of helpful posts are going to change that for you right now.
    Lighten up and don't get your panties in a knot when people make posts in jest for fun. Your thread wasn't derailed, so chill.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    ihys and CDM76 like this.
    04-05-13 07:25 PM
    You can turn off keyboard sounds in the settings.
    Is there a way to disable keyboard sound when dialing a number?-img_00000092.png

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:35 PM
73 123