04-05-13 04:39 AM
    Thanks. That looks excellent. I'm downloading a continent map now to check it out.
    slparry likes this.
    04-05-13 05:40 AM
    Sounds like this navigation app might be worth trying. I find the stock BlackBerry nav app causes my phone to reset when running and is a battery drain. I really miss BlackBerry Traffic.

Posted via CB10
    MikeLip likes this.
    04-05-13 06:17 AM
    I'm in trial now and it is the best I have seen on a Berry to date. My only gripe was it stopped tracking to GPS once and nothing I could do would bring it back. Had to shut it down. Also could not find an ETA anywhere in the many informative screens. I need to take the time to read help I guess.
    04-05-13 06:56 AM
    Oh by the way guys as another heads up take a look for Camsam in Blackberry Appworld

BlackBerry World - CamSam

It's a FREE, and nice and simple fixed and mobile speed camera detector that appears to work globally too

Only a couple of quirks, it at present only shows speed in km/h in the top corner, and the German voice is a little abrupt (perhaps a good thing given the nature of the app)
    04-05-13 07:00 AM
    Sounds like this navigation app might be worth trying. I find the stock BlackBerry nav app causes my phone to reset when running and is a battery drain. I really miss BlackBerry Traffic.

Posted via CB10
    Traffic was awesome. I was hoping it would show up on the Z10.
    04-05-13 07:04 AM
    Traffic was awesome. I was hoping it would show up on the Z10.
    but sadly it will still incur data charges as it downloads on the fly, Mireo is a professional grade product that stores its maps locally so no download charges. This is very important for those who roam in other countries.
    04-05-13 07:09 AM
    I'm also very impressed by Mireo. The only things missing are ETA and speed cameras, although I imagine they will come soon in an update.
    I'm much less keen on CamSam - the voice is annoying, traffic light camera warnings are confusing and there are too many warnings about cameras that are nearby but not on route. It's got a long way to go but has potential, although I'd rather have speed camera warnings within a satnav app.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:39 AM
    As I never exceed the posted speed, speed camera locating is unnecessary for me.
    04-05-13 07:50 AM
    As I never exceed the posted speed, speed camera locating is unnecessary for me.
    My plan is to exceed light speed and be through the intersection before the photons reflect off my car.
    04-05-13 07:58 AM
    I'm also very impressed by Mireo. The only things missing are ETA and speed cameras, although I imagine they will come soon in an update.
    I'm much less keen on CamSam - the voice is annoying, traffic light camera warnings are confusing and there are too many warnings about cameras that are nearby but not on route. It's got a long way to go but has potential, although I'd rather have speed camera warnings within a satnav app.

Posted via CB10
    The availability of offline maps is important, but the warnings not so much. Can you turn them off?
    04-05-13 08:00 AM
    Yea, you can turn off the speed limit warnings. One thing that bugs me about this app is that it always wants to make u-turns for reason. It would usually pass the destination, if it was on the left side of the road and tell you to make a u-turn before reaching the destination; this is on a regular road with no centre division so you can make a left without u-turns.

Has anyone noticed the same thing? I wouldn't mind paying for the maps and maybe even the live traffic pack but if it's giving out ridiculous directions like that, it may not be worth the money.
    04-12-13 03:03 PM