BlackBerry 10 'R-Series' QWERTY images leak out, imply a Curve successor in the making

is it just me or is the R-series ugly? reminds me of the htc status
    Knightcrawler and KDB84 like this.
    04-05-13 12:18 AM
    Hideous. Mind you, doesn't it look alot like a Dev C device?
    sfor13thlegion likes this.
    04-05-13 01:12 AM
    Very ugly device. I really hope they dnt release that

My sexy Z10
    BB12MX likes this.
    04-05-13 01:26 AM
    Thank you that information!
    But that thing looks HORRIBLE!!!

Remindes me of the HTC chacha:
    R-Series Pic leak-61518d1298017329-bilder-htc-chacha-htc_chacha_front_links.jpg

I'd rather have a device which looks like the 8700 or so!
    04-05-13 07:12 AM
    Brrrrr, i hope it never will see the daylight!
    04-05-13 07:36 AM
    Horrible looking thing, something from the 90's.

I think its the beige colour that's terrible, i work with alot of old computers and they are all that colour :/
    04-05-13 07:58 AM
    Well, that's unfortunate!
    04-05-13 08:35 AM
    Fugly!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:38 AM
    You guys are exaggerating. It looks ok for a cheap device. Im sure this will look good in black plus the bb10 os.

Whether or not this is ugly. This will still give people who cant afford to buy a high end device a taste of bb10.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 09:42 AM
    Is this even real? Like we are going back in time.... Lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    04-05-13 09:45 AM
    Ugly. The curve phone is also budget.. but is good looking. I hope blackberry follow suit and don't release this, rather a better looking budget phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:43 PM
    I don't like it. It looks hideous.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:50 PM
    Even if it's for a specific market, this can't do any good for BlackBerry. Remember that all the media are still looking for ways to bash blackberry not to support it. Since when have you seen any Media announcing a good bb news? But this! They will jump on it and start using this ugly picture as soon as they have any news, good or bad about the bb10 platform. For example : every time i see a news report about bb10, they are still using the square looking dev alpha picture.. why? Too make mainstream customers who are not yet aware of the real products that bb have ( z10 and Q10) to believe that this ugly picture is representative of the new blackberry line of products witch is wrong. BlackBerry must stop these leaks ASAP imo. It's not good at all for them, even if it encourage the market they are aiming on for this type of products to understand that it's coming soon, at the end, it's the whole brand that is affected.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:18 PM
    Some of us who want to stay in the community may not be able to viably purchase anything else

off-contract. To me, it has a decent looking keypad...I care how it works more than anything. I want to stay

with Boost. I have a feeling that these will be their offering soon. I could be absolutely wrong.
    04-05-13 01:26 PM
    The R series is not going to marketed in Canada or the USA ... so frankly I don't think we here have to worry about it. As a shareholder my concern is that the emerging markets need a touch phone that they can afford. It is supposed to be coming.

The R is a big improvement over the 9320 which is basically only good for texting on BBM.
    04-05-13 01:47 PM
    The Curve 9320 is also a low budget device but looks fantastic in comparison to this R10 leak.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:57 PM
    I think it would look decent in black, where has it been confirmed its not going to be marketed in the USA? The more options the better
    04-05-13 02:46 PM
    I think it would look decent in black, where has it been confirmed its not going to be marketed in the USA? The more options the better

In this video TH says the mid tier devices are for the non-USA market .

Video: RIM plans to unveil new smartphones this year - The Globe and Mail

The R in white looks basically the same as the 9320 in white ... It will be OK in black or black with silver trim. At least they have a much bigger screen than the Curve which is nothing but a niche within a niche for the NA market.
    04-05-13 03:07 PM
    I hope I'm not bashed but I have the HTC chacha and I love the keyboard! As of right now it's easily the qwerty keyboard I can type the fastest on! I think a chicklet style keyboard is actually pretty nice and would appeal to many! I can type faster on a curve 9300 then a bold 9700... but that's just me lol

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 03:12 PM
    The R series is not going to marketed in Canada or the USA ... so frankly I don't think we here have to worry about it. As a shareholder my concern is that the emerging markets need a touch phone that they can afford. It is supposed to be coming.

The R is a big improvement over the 9320 which is basically only good for texting on BBM.
    I agree about the emerging market and Myself as an example want a Q10 or damn near something like it for the

prepaid market.

I disagree about the curve 93xx series. I have the 9310.....does a whole lot more than bbm texting. It handles multiple

email accts, has (like os10 hub) one feed that handles all incoming social feeds should you choose to use it. Music files sound great, fm radio...

tasks saved my a$ $ the other day by reminding me of an important event. The screen looks nice for what it is. It has been a workhorse for me

since I've had it. Of course I want an upgrade but....getting this model was a great idea to hold me over. Lightweight, solid, function-able.

I went on a rant because I believe that alot of people talk trash and have never used a 9310. We all want OS 10 though.
    04-05-13 09:41 PM
    One thing I wish people would remember is the response to leaks of both the z10 and q10, people were negative about those as well and people loved them once the good photos and actual devices showed up, this one will probably look a lot better then and when we see it in black.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-06-13 07:34 AM
    One thing this prototype has going for it is it looks strongly built something a construction worker would have no problem taking on a work site especially if it's priced lower.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 03:40 PM
    One thing I wish people would remember is the response to leaks of both the z10 and q10, people were negative about those as well and people loved them once the good photos and actual devices showed up, this one will probably look a lot better then and when we see it in black.
    You are absolutely right!
    People already forget that but it's true that the early comments about the z10 and the Q10 were pretty negative, the final build appeared to be more attractive than anyone thought it would.
    I say let's wait and see what happens when it's out and officially launched

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 09:47 PM
    That R series could easily change it's name like the Q10 and Z10 got name-changed. I can't wait to see it get released on carriers especially emerging markets. GO BLACKBERRY!!!!!
    04-07-13 02:08 AM
    Es the big question, if the R phone drops this year will it surpass the Z10 specs? Because it would be silly to be behind the z10 a phone that was suppose to come out in 2012 but then again, this is bb
    04-07-13 07:13 PM
39 12