I apologize if this has already been discussed but I find it highly frustrating that BlackBerry would lock the option to adjust APN settings. As a constant traveler it disappointing to say the least. I travel about 4 times a year to the Dominican Republic and twice a year to Spain to visit family and being able to use a local SIM is a must. I really hope this will be fixed in a future update because if not, I'm pretty sure BlackBerry will have a hard time convincing certain business and long time BlackBerry users to upgrade to the BlackBerry 10 platform. I know this is particularly frustrating for people who purchased unlocked Z10's to use with MVNO carrier SIMs like Straight Talk or Simple Mobile and were left without access to data or MMS. Seeing as how these carriers operate on AT&T and T-Mobile respectively, BlackBerry identifies them as being SIMs from these operators thus locking the phones to these networks even though Straight Talk and Simple Mobile have different APN settings than AT&T and T-Mobile. Anyone here experiencing the issue? Or is anyone else as concerned as I am regarding this matter?
    04-04-13 09:31 PM
    It's locked but it uses your current sim apn.
    My Z10 is from Koodo Canada and i've used it perfectly with t-mobile usa and telcel m�xico.
    APN changes when i change SIM but i can't change it manually.
    No big deal
    04-05-13 02:47 AM
    as of now you cant change it. You are in the same position as many of US. I wanted to swap sims with my nexus 4 and cant because of this. Kinda funny how an unlocked phone is really not too unlocked. Hopefully a newer OS will change this.
    04-05-13 04:57 AM
    I too using H20 can't edit APN, its suck big time.
    04-21-13 03:29 PM
    My unlocked Z10 (previously AT&T) is able send/receive SMS, make calls, and browse the web. MMS will not function no matter what, all work arounds have been tried. The data entry section via the escreen is locked, all I can do is enter the APN. I called ST and spoke with a tech today, he tells me that BB's are not supported through the BYOP program. I ask him to explain to me why is that I can use my web browser but not able to use MMS. I obviously have data capability and correct me if I'm wrong but MMS is a data function, right?
    He just kept repeating the same refrain "Blackberry is not supported through the BYOP program".
    I guess I'll wait for the official 10.2 update then see how it goes, if it doesn't change I guess I'll move on to a different phone.
    11-10-13 11:31 AM
    mms is not data and is part of the SMS service as far as I know. It takes some settings in the engineering screen to work on some networks but on ATT it work out of the box i would think
    11-10-13 12:27 PM
    mms is not data and is part of the SMS service as far as I know. It takes some settings in the engineering screen to work on some networks but on ATT it work out of the box i would think
    Yes the MMS did work out of the box through AT&T, they (ST) tell me that MMS uses data in order to send/receive media. The data section in the engineering (escreen) cannot be edited at least when using a ST sim. Like I said I can make calls, send SMS and have full web capabilities.
    11-10-13 09:28 PM
    Look for my post in How To.
    There is some helpful info there. Although I created the OP and was using MMS for a while, after I switched to LTE sim that had new MMS settings it never worked for me.
    I gave up and switched to AT&T prepaid $60 - much better data service.

Symbian, Maemoo, WebOS, MeeGo, Android, iOS, and finally peace with BB10
    11-10-13 10:39 PM
    All is good I just installed OS 10.2.0.1803 and MMS is working perfect.
    11-13-13 09:22 AM