Hello, I've searched the forum in relation to my problem and couldn't find anything. Apologies if I missed it.

I have a Bold 9900. I uploaded the OS 7.1 via the automatic update on my desktop software. Everything is working fine with the exception of blackberry maps- it only works when I'm connected to my wifi. When I'm away from wifi the screen is white and only shows the green locator, but no map. Maps works fined prior to the OS 7.1 upgrade. Any ideas?

Also, I'm using my unlocked 9900 via a SIM card from a samsung phone. I moved overseas and was given the samsung as a work phone; however, it's terrible which is why I am using the SIM card in my 9900. My blackberry email has not worked since I began using this SIM card; however, there are no other issues. I did some research and found that it might have something to do with the work phone data plan not being compatible with what the data plan that the Blackberry email needs to function. Is that accurate?

Lastly, I'm not tech savvy at all so I would greatly appreciate layperson language in any responses. Thanks very much in advance.
    04-04-13 06:54 PM
    Check with your carrier to see if you are on the correct data plan
    04-04-13 07:06 PM
    You might need the carrier specific sim
    04-04-13 07:06 PM
    Thank you for the response. Any thoughts regarding the maps issue?
    04-05-13 06:05 AM
    After having further researched my maps issue it seems I may need to downgrade back to the 7 OS. Does anyone have any suggestions in this regard? Again, the only problem I have following the 7.1 upgrade is that blackberry maps will only function when I'm connected to wifi and NOT with 4G. Further, I am unable to attain the proper data plan for my Bold 9900 due to restrictions with my employer thus google maps, for example, is not an option.

I use blackberry maps extensively so I am eager to solve this problem and if an OS downgrade is the way to do it that so be it. Problematically, I have a macbook and it seems that presents further challenges when attempting downgrades

Assistance would be greatly appreciated
    04-17-13 11:22 AM
    You might find that after downgrading to OS7 the problem with google maps connectivity is still there. Moreover there is so many advantages of 7.1 (currently I am on .923) over 7, that I'd strongly advise against downgrading.

Your problems might be coming from the fact that you don't have the BIS or BES option active. You either need to check this with your IT guys, or if you're with a small company, then with someone responsible for the phones and plans.
    04-18-13 03:26 AM
    Hi OP. Don't know if you've tried this, but you may want to try changing your Global Map Services Setting. I recall having a similar issue where I couldn't see anything on my Maps application other than the green dot and the World Map after updating to 7.1. Go to BB Maps (Options, Set Global Map Services). Change System of Measurement to IMPERIAL and Map Display Language to INTERNATIONAL. I also have KML Cache Limit set to UNLIMITED. See if that works for you
    04-18-13 10:27 AM
    Hi OP. Don't know if you've tried this, but you may want to try changing your Global Map Services Setting. I recall having a similar issue where I couldn't see anything on my Maps application other than the green dot and the World Map after updating to 7.1. Go to BB Maps (Options, Set Global Map Services). Change System of Measurement to IMPERIAL and Map Display Language to INTERNATIONAL. I also have KML Cache Limit set to UNLIMITED. See if that works for you
    Excellent. Success and I was able to retain metric display. Thank you very much for the insight.
    04-20-13 09:36 AM
    You're welcome That's why many of us are on here.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    04-22-13 11:19 AM