After using the Z10 for a couple of days, I think it's a geat OS, but I would wish Blackberry would've kept the trackpad and buttons, and just redid the OS for a better non lagging and modern looking OS. Swipe gesture is a nice plus, and it could still work with buttons.

I feel that i'm less productive now then on my 9900.

What do you all think?
    katesbb, ruhban and ScooterG like this.
    04-04-13 05:22 PM
    I understand that there is a device rolling out soon that may appeal to you - Q10

Posted via CB10
    BlackberryPig and akraus88 like this.
    04-04-13 05:27 PM
    Lol!! You hit the nail on the head there!! You should have waited for the Q10
    04-04-13 05:41 PM
    Disagree... that is all

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-04-13 06:17 PM
    With all do respect I disagree and believe that you haven't given it enough time to fully get used to it... In contrast I feel I am more productive regardless of the trackpad or buttons..
    04-04-13 06:20 PM
    Totally disagree sorry, the less parts to break down the better in my opinion.

I've had bb's that have had trackballs and track pads and after a while they stop responding. Not only that they are more prone to break down.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:35 PM
    4 or 5 days in on my AT&T Z10 and while I wouldn't say I'm less productive, there are definitely things I miss from my 9900.

Some of them are simply keyboard related (speed dials, keyboard shortcuts like "k" for lock, "L" for calendar, "#" for toggle profile to vibrate only, etc, etc), others are app related (many features I counted on that were keyboard related) like OS & LED from Sultan, ShortCutMe from Vijek - although I did DL the BB10 version today and am learning it and expect it to be a great addition to the new OS, Fixmo, a few others.

Some of the things I miss (or am frustrated by) are definitely OS related: can't click on phone numbers in emails, web pages, documents etc to dial being one of the most frustrating (HATED this missing on my 9800 and was so glad to get it back on my 9900: GIVE IT BACK, BlackBerry!!), landscape vs portrait rotation issues: need whole OS to support both - when the multimedia dock is released it will sit in landscape orientation (active frames screen doesn't do landscape) but a swipe to the hub is off 90 degrees (unless you fully open the Hub to allow rotation then you can peek next time but the active frame screen never rotates THEN when you pick the phone up from the landscape dock, hold it in portrait and do a peek to the Hub it is still locked to landscape until you fully open it to allow rotation), wish the dial pad would close or revert to the "minimized" active frame of the phone app either immediately or after a sort delay (5 seconds maybe?), plus other stuff that I notice as I'm using the Z throughout the day that I can't remember now. ALSO miss the convenience key on the side tremendously - would be great to have instant access to voice commands on a hardware key, miss the track pad most!

That said, not feeling like OP that I'm less productive, but excited for the OS updates to hopefully address some of these and other issues. Overall loving my Z ( except the ongoing random reboot issues 2-3 x per day)
    Fnen90 likes this.
    04-04-13 06:47 PM
    Disagree

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:48 PM
    I'm not with you at all! I most certainly don't miss battery pulls, OS lagging, worst browser experience ever, having to clear my email and or other items in order to free up space, camera quality from 1985, no gaming apps (like at all!), ugly looking hardware, the list goes on and on.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    04-04-13 06:49 PM
    Nobody will agree with you

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:50 PM
    Trade your Z for a Q...should solve your problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:50 PM
    No thanks. I wanted bb10 not bb8

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:52 PM
    Sorry, but I can't agree. And let me tell you, I wondered if what you propose wouldn't be the best option too. OS7 was as close to this approach as they could get: good software, rewritten code. Came as more of the same, too little too late.

If BB10 had the same look and feel as old devices, it WOULD be more of the same and would NOT get anny attention. That's all there is to it.
    04-04-13 06:53 PM
    I really don't think the q10 would solve that. But doing certain things on a touch screen period is not fun. Some phones do it better. But I do not like editing text on any touch screen. Even tablets.
    After using the Z10 for a couple of days, I think it's a geat OS, but I would wish Blackberry would've kept the trackpad and buttons, and just redid the OS for a better non lagging and modern looking OS. Swipe gesture is a nice plus, and it could still work with buttons.

What do you all think?
    I'm happy to have no buttons. On the Bold 9900, the track pad was slow. I'm faster with swiping. Aesthetically, the Z10 looks so sleek. Modern looking. The world is moving toward hand gestures for commands and operations on touchscreens. Sticking to a trackpads and mouse is very yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    For all that still complain about the missing trackpad, it isn't really gone... Just... Different..

BlackBerry Z10 Lens Tap Trick Makes Fine Text Editing a Breeze - BerryReview

Long story short, we really need to acclimate ourselves to a very new OS before we can really start complaining.
    pandapurple likes this.
    04-04-13 06:57 PM
    I definitely don't agree with him loving my Z10 but it seems to me that you really should have waited for the Q10 and you only had you'd Z10 for a week I've had mine for a little over 2 and learn something new every time I touch it...lol give it time or trade it in for the Q10

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:57 PM

What do you all think?
    Try to use it a bit longer, 2 of 3 weeks, then you will get the point why gesture and touchscreen win over trackpad.

Or, you can switch to Q10 and affordable SQR 100-3 just being tested here at Indonesia. see http://lhaini.com/blog/blackberry-10...suk-indonesia/

Sent from My White Z10
    04-04-13 07:07 PM
    The additions far outweigh the losses. I don't expect 7 years of refinement to all be copied to the new OS at once PLUS all the cool new features that I want added to be there too. One of the reasons I love the PlayBook is because it kept things that I like about BB. One example is being able to access an app's settings without having to exit the app. BB10 has refined on that and I'm sure they will continue to add and improve BB10.
    diegonei likes this.
    04-04-13 07:16 PM
    Uhhh...no

Posted via CB10
    well, you are alone bro
    npunk42 and jesse_h like this.
    I understand that there is a device rolling out soon that may appeal to you - Q10

Posted via CB10
    I kinda agree with you. The Q10 does have the qwerty keyboard but what I think akraus88 means is the row of buttons above the keyboard comprised of the pick-up, hang up, menu and return keys. I suppose it would have been nice for them to offer it on a device with the proper keys that BlackBerry are known for but I'm not complaining about the Z10 in ANY WAY. I love mine except for the grease-like mark that I can't get rid of and the plastic-y sound of the camera when I drop it on a soft surface.
    No way! If anything,...they should listen to the BB loyalist and continue to make improvements,....this thing is awesome,....one can maneuver around the entire device with one thumb!,...and do it in either hand!
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-04-13 07:44 PM
    I kinda agree with you. The Q10 does have the qwerty keyboard but what I think akraus88 means is the row of buttons above the keyboard comprised of the pick-up, hang up, menu and return keys. I suppose it would have been nice for them to offer it on a device with the proper keys that BlackBerry are known for but I'm not complaining about the Z10 in ANY WAY. I love mine except for the grease-like mark that I can't get rid of and the plastic-y sound of the camera when I drop it on a soft surface.
    Exactly!

I don't mind the gestures, it's great. I think the buttons are still a good thing, and it should have been left there.
    04-04-13 10:00 PM
    I think it would've been nice if Blackberry came out with a "BB8", which is basically BB7 built on the QNX kernel and JVM, and runs on BB7 devices such as the Bolds and Curves.

I don't think it wold be too hard to implement, and they now have a OS for really low-end devices (think $200 retail or less) with a decent app library.
    04-04-13 10:12 PM
56 123