For fellow Evernote users who still like the app in addition to the Remember integration... You can download the Evernote 5 .bar file and install. At first I found it laggy but did a restart and seems better. On first launch I received an error as well fyi which has since disappeared. Still would love a bb10 native standalone but this will work for now. Anyway if you want to give it a try, it's up at Goodereader, I'd post the link but can't seem to copy and paste the URL here.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:57 AM
    Yeah I noticed the lag too so I deleted it after a while. Would you know where evernote 5 saves the data, like offline notebooks? On the sd card or in the phone memory?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:01 PM
    Why not just use the one built into remember?
    04-03-13 12:26 PM
    Exactly. I have sideloaded evernote, but I never use it, because the integration into Remember works so well. I like being able to start a text/picture/audio note directly from the main screen of remember and then decide which notebook to put it into (evernote, outlook, etc. ) love the integration!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:46 PM
    It's maybe a transitional thing for me, not knocking Remember! Just more accustomed to the interface. But you're right I need to spend more time with the native integration. I do use it... Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 02:13 PM
    Yeah I noticed the lag too so I deleted it after a while. Would you know where evernote 5 saves the data, like offline notebooks? On the sd card or in the phone memory?

Posted via CB10
    Probably the phone, in the Android folder, not sure.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 02:15 PM
    I use the sideloaded Evernote way more than Remember when it comes to Evernote syncing. The primary reason is because I can't stand how Remember only works with plain-text notes.

I wish Evernote would release a standalone app, still.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-03-13 03:02 PM
    I just upgraded to the new version (5.0.2) from the last version of 4. Definitely seems a little slower, but maybe it's still caching stuff or something. I'll have to see how it works out.
    04-03-13 07:08 PM
    No search capability for tags that were created in Evernote. I use Evernote to store many categories of things, one of which is recipes. I created tags for each of these entries when they were created in Evernote, but those tags aren't available in the Remember app. Outside of re tagging many, many entries, I can't search for preexisting entries.

The Evernote app has all of my previously created tags.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by niss63; 04-04-13 at 08:07 AM.
    04-04-13 05:35 AM
    I'm glad to have the sideloaded Evernote 5, even though it's brutally slow. We really need a real native Evernote app, though, the integration into Remember is just absurd when it can't even handle rich text.
    04-07-13 04:03 PM
    Also the length limitations of Remember are ridiculous, especially considering its plain-text only.
    04-08-13 01:08 PM
    I sideloaded Evernote 4.2 from the Android Apps forum link. Seems to work fine, not super fast but it works and is much better than Remember.

It looks like from the description below that Version 5 for Android adds camera features and other formatting changes that I don't think I need in Evernote. It may be worth looking at these features to see if you need this on your Z10 or if you can get along with version 4.2.

Evernote Blog | Evernote 5 for Android: New Camera, Evernote Smart Notebook Support, Document Search, Shortcuts, and More
    Last edited by Brianflys; 04-11-13 at 02:06 AM. Reason: kan't spel
    eryanc likes this.
    04-10-13 04:52 PM
    Here's hoping Evernote will come out with a native app yet.
    04-10-13 10:52 PM
    Update. Evernote 4.2 seems to run relatively fast on my Z10 (VZW), compared with the 5.0 versions. So far gives me all of the edit and sync functionality that I need. I primarily use it to keep text based information in many folders and note files, so don't need fancy templates or camera functions in Evernote. If you find version 5.0 to be too slow you might give 4.2 a try.
    04-12-13 02:49 AM