I have always had a crush on blackberries ever since i was a caddy. I remember seeing these important looking people using this strange blue device that i was not familiar with. They were mesmerized by them. Ever since then i wanted one. One month ago i got one(VZW 8330). One day ago i lost it. Now, i am getting closer to writing it off as a total loss, and am looking for what my options are. I just have too many bills, and a college students income to get me my berry curve back. I have found some good deals on the 8830 WE. My question is what will be the biggest difference between the two. What will i miss about my curve other than being seen with it? I know the 8830 has half the memory, but can that be changed if i put a microSD in? Any insight would be of help. Matter of fact, if you are from or around Manhattan please continue reading. I lost the phone between (1:30-3:30AM) Saturday October 4th. I was at Twelve Bar @ 33 & 3rd and Joshua Tree east. Possibly left in cab, but most likely at Joshua Tree. If you or anyone you know has come across the phone please email me at [email protected].

Thank you

Yusef
    Last edited by YKHANBB; 10-05-08 at 11:32 AM.
    10-05-08 11:27 AM
    You need to call VZW to deactivate the ESN. Also, getting an 8830 instead will be somewhat of a downgrade. No, adding a memory card will not fix the memory issue... it doesn't on ANY Blackberry. They simply don't work like that. It's a problem RIM refuses to fix.
    10-05-08 11:31 AM
    I did deactivate the ESN, but then realized that my phone was the only bridge between me and the other guy so i reactivated it. I figured give it one more day before i deactivate it again. Thank you for the quick reply JRSC, but could you elaborate on the "downgrade" aspect of your reply. I just don't want to be disappointed.

Thank you

Yusef
    10-05-08 12:26 PM
    The 8830 has 64MB instead of 96MB memory. It has no camera. Verizon 8830's can neither send nor receive MMS messages. The keyboard is quite different. That's not necessarily a downgrade, just different. You'll have to get used to it.

On the plus side, since people like JRSCCivic98 and me carry them, the coolness factor of being seen with one is much higher than for a mere 8330...
    10-05-08 07:12 PM
    LOL, the ultimate in cool. BES access beyond the firewall.
    10-05-08 07:46 PM
    On the plus side, since people like JRSCCivic98 and me carry them, the coolness factor of being seen with one is much higher than for a mere 8330...
    HAHAHA!

BTW, does becoming a Moderator automatically give you an exponetial increase in post count?
    10-05-08 11:29 PM
    The 8830 has 64MB instead of 96MB memory. It has no camera. Verizon 8830's can neither send nor receive MMS messages. The keyboard is quite different. That's not necessarily a downgrade, just different. You'll have to get used to it.

Jeff is correct on al points. This isn't necessarily a downgrade, however the WE's features are a bit limited compared to the curve.

As far as the coolness factor being vastly improved, I can't confirm that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 11:34 PM
    I'm crushed. First JR questions my post count, and now Jenay questions my cool...

JR: Nope, no automatic extra posts. Just extra work.

Jenay: you're just jealous cause you're stuck with the superior device...
    10-05-08 11:39 PM
    I'm crushed. First JR questions my post count, and now Jenay questions my cool...

JR: Nope, no automatic extra posts. Just extra work.

Jenay: you're just jealous cause you're stuck with the superior device...
    Lol. You caught me - ya caught the tater.

Anyhow, I did a little searching, googled a few things and what-have-you, and I can indeed confirm that the coolness factor will indeed be improved due to jeff and civ carrying this device. Feel free to purchase the 8830 at your earliest convenience, OP.

10-05-08 11:43 PM
    8830 is the best phone out there
    11-14-08 04:16 AM
    i has a 8830 and i know person thats jealous.
    11-14-08 07:50 PM
    I just got an 8830 a couple weks ago after having the pearl for nearly 6 months. I love the 8830 but there are a few differences!
    Obviously the no camera is one but I didnt use that much, and also sometimes the streaming video is a little spotty. One other thing is that on a web browser you do not have a mouse curser but it just goes link to link. But I love the 8830 and I dont think you would be too disappointed!
    11-15-08 12:06 AM
    If you upgrade the OS to a 4.5.x.x mouse curser will come back.

11-15-08 06:46 AM
    I also love my 8830 and find it to be the perfect size and weight. Plus, it's very well built. But, since you have to replace your berry, why not go for something brand new?
    11-15-08 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD