Hello Everyone. I was wondering if anyone has heard of an application that is compatible with airplay from apple. This is one of the only features keeping me loyal to apples eco system. It's a great feature and I'd love to be able to send music from my z10 straight to my stereo via airplay.
    Any leads? I'd happily pay $10 for this app and I'm sure may apple converts feel the same.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:55 AM
    Moved to BB10 Apps! Anyone know of such an app?
    04-09-13 03:19 PM
    I would be interested. Would make my applet more useful
    04-09-13 04:03 PM
    Nope. Won't happen, either. AirPlay is a proprietary Apple technology. You might as well ask them if they'd be so kind as to let you use their connectors in your products, too. Apple has no interest, and no good reason, to let other brands connect to AirPlay-compatible devices.

There is GOOD news, though: the Z10 supports an open standard called DLNA. There is a growing number of devices that support DLNA (the Xbox 360 media player uses it, and so do many TVs). Not perfect, since the device you connect to needs to be able to play the file, so protected content won't work. The microHDMI output provides crystal-clear 1080p video, though, and that works great even for protected video.

Strictly for music streaming, there is also a growing number of home audio devices that allow Bluetooth streaming.
    04-09-13 04:18 PM
    Does your stereo have dlna?

My denon n-7 stereo has airplay and dlna.

I'm streaming my music from z10 to denon via dlna, and it works great.

Yes, airplay is maybe better, but this way works also.

I think it's hard to find app that support airplay.

Android, for example has huge choice of app but there is only one app that support airplay, it's "Honey Player".

And this app doesn't work very well.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:19 PM
    You could always pickup a BlackBerry Music Gateway. I got one and it's great! Works with any bluetooth device...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:39 PM
    I wonder if converting this droid app would work...???

AirSync: Sync Music, Videos, Podcasts & iTunes playlists over WiFi
    04-09-13 05:55 PM
    Tell that to my airplay compatible Panasonic mini stereo and amp, Thunderbuck.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:02 PM
    There's an app called Skifta for Android. Looks really cool. Waiting for its arrival to BB10. Personally, BlackBerry should have a team of app developers providing apps that bridge these needs. It would make switching must easier. Let's hope for a solution to airplay.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:22 PM
    I wish songza and tunein would implement dlna streaming!!! Even the browser should have that option for streaming content....

I love that I can stream audio and video straight to my tv and/or receiver with dlna and u use it all the time

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 03:43 AM
    Tell that to my airplay compatible Panasonic mini stereo and amp, Thunderbuck.

Posted via CB10
    Which can only be connected to by APPLE devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:02 AM
    I wonder if converting this droid app would work...???

AirSync: Sync Music, Videos, Podcasts & iTunes playlists over WiFi
    Z10 already does this over Link. There are also many native apps that are available.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:04 AM
    Which can only be connected to by APPLE devices.

Posted via CB10
    Many non apple devices are airplay compatible. XBMC, air tunes on Android are two I use daily.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:23 AM
    Many non apple devices are airplay compatible. XBMC, air tunes on Android are two I use daily.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure that's actually an AirPlay client and not just DLNA?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:31 PM
    Yeah. I can see the xbmc team having built out airplay support. They have a large (by comparison) dev team.

I looked at building a DLNA client a while back. But DLNA requires UPNP and broadcasting/multicasting

During my last set of tests though, udp ports were blocked and devices wouldn't receive multicast. So with that disabled we can't find the servers. And we can't recieve the video.

I have DLNA client support built into a media connect update. But it's on hold until those ports and ips are open for communication.

Edit: now I 'hear' udp isn't filtered on Android. Once I have breathing room I will verify. But a DLNA client on Android may work. But it will be hard to find a non native port due to video codes etc...

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:05 PM
    Just so you know - it doesn't have to be an apple device to Air Play.
    The program Air Parrot let's you AirPlay anything from your PC to your Apple TV or Air Play compatible device.
    Still looking for a BB app to Airplay from a BB phone and I'd consider switching to BB too.
    06-09-13 08:31 PM