So I have been a long time BB user with the older bold on Sprint, just switched over to Verizon and to a 9930... got the device switch wizard to work fine only problem is the new phone will not let me disable the password lock. And the mail pref's won't allow me to "keep messages" forver its longest option is only 30 days.

One other thing, none of my existing email shows up in my inboxes when I set up the mail. I have deleted my mail services and re-set them up... got the activation server email and can send/receive email but would like to have the contents of my inbox on my device.

any suggestions? I tried to search but couldn't find anything about this.
    04-02-13 06:13 PM
    First. When you setup email accounts on bb, emails recd after the activation will come to your blackberry. None of the previous emails on your email account will come to your blackberry.

To change the security lock, go to options and search for "password". Go to password and toucan disable the password if u like or change the lock time

For emails again, you can set to keep the emails forever by doing the following.
    Go to messages, hit the menu button and go to options. Click message display and actions. Scroll all the way down. Look for "days to keep messages" and chane that to forever (or your preference)

Enjoy
    04-02-13 07:26 PM
    You need to remove any corporate policy that may be on the phone. Using BlackBerry desktop Manager, backup the phone. Then from a command prompt window in the directory that loader.exe is in, type loader.exe /resettofactory. Once that is complete, restore from the backup.
    04-02-13 07:53 PM
    You need to remove any corporate policy that may be on the phone. Using BlackBerry desktop Manager, backup the phone. Then from a command prompt window in the directory that loader.exe is in, type loader.exe /resettofactory. Once that is complete, restore from the backup.
    Perfect. Ill try this tomorrow

As for first poster if you read what I posted you would see that I already know that info.
    04-02-13 08:05 PM
    I'm guessing loader.exe is located on the phone somewhere?

thanks
    04-03-13 12:58 AM
    I'm guessing loader.exe is located on the phone somewhere?

thanks
    nevermind worked like a CHARM!!

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    04-03-13 01:19 AM
    nevermind worked like a CHARM!!

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    Sorry, I was on a PlayBook when posting, so couldn't give the whole path.

Perhaps you can post the whole path along with the syntax, in case whet I posted had any errors in it.
    04-03-13 07:54 AM