Hello!

I am having a terrible time with Blackberry Link on a number of issues: (i.e. Music, data, etc.) but one major problem has arisen.

I cannot back up my Z10. I have done it in the past, but now I am getting a message, "Back up did not complete" and I have tried every trick in the book that I have found on here and other sites. I also am getting a message at the bottom of the screen where the device is listed next to my computer in Link that says that "Software update is available" with a red asterisk and then of course below it says to install software. Well, first, the newest software is on my Z10, but even if I chose to install software, after it is all done, then I get the same message.

I also am not getting my music on my computer to sync with Link. I can copy music direct to the Z drive, but I cannot get the software to sync my computer music and my Z10 music.

Extremely frustrating and crazy! Any help would be appreciated!

(I have deleted and reinstalled the Link software, several times, made sure my Blackberry ID is "on" both on the device and in Link, I have tried unchecking the apps, the media, the other thing separately and together, but nothing works.)

Thanks for your help!
    04-02-13 09:48 AM
    Did you update the Link software?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:07 AM
    Yes, I updated directly from the Blackberry website: It is version 1.0.1.17. Is that the newest software?

Did you update the Link software?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:12 AM
    I found that a simple recipe app. kept Link from working properly. I deleted the app. and the backup worked!

You might have the same or similar issue.

Via my Z10
    04-02-13 10:34 AM
    It might be an app that is stopping you from back-up. Try deleting any you have installed since you were last able to back-up
    04-02-13 10:36 AM
    The only recipe app I installed was called Recipe Box. Is this the app you are speaking of? I will try deleting it and then trying to back up the device.
    Thanks. I will let you know if it works.
    04-02-13 10:44 AM
    The only recipe app I installed was called Recipe Box. Is this the app you are speaking of? I will try deleting it and then trying to back up the device.
    Thanks. I will let you know if it works.
    That was partially the issue. I deleted Recipe Box and the backup began and ran to about the 60% level. Then it stopped and said it could not be completed.
    I went back and deleted all the apps I had added from Blackberry World since the last update and it worked just fine. I am not sure which app (I think it was like 6 or 7 apps I deleted), but after deleting them, it backup just fine.
    So, a word to the wise, be careful about installing "free apps", then can tend to have problems.
    Thanks for your help beetleberryjane!
    04-02-13 12:49 PM
    Glad it worked. Mine wouldn't back up with one of the F1 apps. I have since re-installed and its been fine!!
    04-03-13 05:45 AM