View Poll Results: Does your new Z10 reboot itself 1 or more times a day?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it does.

71 41.76%
  • No, it does not.

99 58.24%
    Is your new Z10 rebooting on its own?
    Do you have sideloaded Android apps on the phone when it reboots?
    What were you doing when it rebooted?
    Do you wake up and the Active Frame(s) you had running are now not running?
    How is your bridge connection? Does it drop?

Is your phone a 001, 002, 003 or 004?
    Who is your carrier? Good signal?
    OS version?
    Running apps?

Lots of questions but I think we are seeing a small group of users who are having an issue with their Z10 rebooting on its own. 1 or more times a day. You may not see it but it may be happening.
    Sideloads, Class of SD cards, Apps, OS version on Verizon, have been mentioned as possible cause.

I think we owe ourselves and Blackberry a good attempt at seeing how many are affected and provide information that may help fix the issues.

Thanks,

Tim
    04-02-13 08:38 AM
    Dude really, there are 3 current threads on this subject and around 50 older threads on the exact subject. Try a search.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-02-13 08:41 AM
    I have only had this happen to me once since Feb 5, and it only happened when I had a bunch of stuff open and was switching between a game and the home screen, but have since done the same thing and have not had it happen again. so I am not sure how it happened

Is your new Z10 rebooting on its own? Only once since Feb 5
    Do you have sideloaded Android apps on the phone when it reboots? I have many on there but not running at that moment
    What were you doing when it rebooted? Switching between oregon trail and home screen multiple times for messages and emails
    Do you wake up and the Active Frame(s) you had running are now not running? Nope never had this happen
    How is your bridge connection? Does it drop? Bridge is great use it all the time

Is your phone a 001, 002, 003 or 004? 003
    Who is your carrier? Good signal? Rogers and Great signal
    OS version? 10.0.10.85
    Running apps? - Wallpaper Changer, FB, and Weather Network
    04-02-13 08:44 AM
    Dude really, there are 3 current threads on this subject and around 50 older threads on the exact subject. Try a search.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    And I have read all of them.
    Getting an idea of how many and what their actions and their phones setup are important.

I know, if gets old, but I think, if done right, this will perhaps show a pattern.

Thanks,

Tim
    frannip, kbz1960 and SassyD like this.
    04-02-13 08:46 AM
    I was gonna make a thread earlier, but my options would've been different. I think I'll make it now, I guess.
    04-02-13 08:50 AM
    The best way to fix this issue is to raise the issue with Verizon and BlackBerry and have them issue a fix. I created a thread that showed folks how to report the issue to Verizon tech support.

With brand new phone we should not be working on fixes ourselves. We should collectively make enough noise so the carrier and mfg act.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dubbsix; 04-02-13 at 10:28 AM.
    frannip likes this.
    04-02-13 08:52 AM
    Mine does it 2 or more times a day.
    Verizon
    Uninstalled all sideloaded apps.
    BeWeather, Battery Guru have been running at time of reboot.
    BeWeather is always closed when I check it in the morning. Charging during the nite. No bedside mode.
    Bluetooth drops when using Bridge. Once every 5 or more minutes. WiFi hot spot works better.
    ZTheme is one item that I installed. Made a theme. It then rebooted a little later and the theme was no longer active. Removed app.
    Ordered a class 10 ScanDisk 32 gig card. Will try that. Has a class 4 16 gig in it now.

Hoping for an OS upgrade soon to see if it is software based or perhaps a 004 issue with Verizon.

Thanks,

Tim
    04-02-13 08:53 AM
    The best way to fix this issue is to raise the issue with Verizon and BlackBerry and have them issue a fix. I created a thread that showed folks how to report the issue to Verizon tech support.

With brand new phone so we should be be working on fixes ourselves. We should collectively make enough noise so the carrier and mfg act.

Posted via CB10
    Good thoughts.
    I have emailed support and provided information.
    I will also be calling Verizon about it as well.

I read the thread and will do as you suggest as well.

Thanks,

Tim
    04-02-13 08:55 AM
    Never. Model 002. French carrier SFR. Works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:55 AM
    I only had this happen once on the first day and it was because I was doing some weird stuff with my contacts. With my daily use i haven't experienced this since.
    04-02-13 08:56 AM
    I havn't noticed any rebooting during the day but when I leave the phone on charge over nite in the morning I have found it has rebooted itself every day for the 4 days I have had the phone
    Apps that I intentionally left open are gone
    Once I had bedside mode on with an alarm set & it was shut down & alarm never went off
    All the apps I have loaded come from BBW & I have intentionally stayed away from any known android apps for now
    Version 004 vzw 10.0.9.442
    Signal - about 3 bars should be more but need to know actual db to know if this is actually good signal or not & os doesn't give that info that I can find
    Last edited by tlgem; 04-02-13 at 09:15 AM.
    04-02-13 08:58 AM
    My Z10 has never rebooted on its own in my month+ of ownership. STL100-3, Rogers (Canada), excellent signal
    Software release 10.0.10.85, OS version 10.0.10.672
    04-02-13 08:58 AM
    If the poll shows a small percentage then I suspect apps, need to reinstall the OS, bad unit or some other item unique to the users it is affecting.
    If the poll goes the other way then indeed hardware with a certain model or carrier could come into play.

Tim
    04-02-13 08:59 AM
    I havn't noticed any rebooting during the day but when I leave the phone on charge over nite in the morning I have found it has rebooted itself
    Apps that I intentionally left open are gone
    Once I had bedside mode on with an alarm set & it was shut down & alarm never went off
    All the apps I have loaded come from BBW & I have intentionally stayed away from any android apps
    I suspect many have this happening and do not notice it. I also notice it sometimes does it at the top of the hour, when it does reboot. Not real sure yet though.

Tim
    04-02-13 09:01 AM
    I'm on AT&T. Had mine since the 25th of March. It has never rebooted, period.
    HTH,
    Brian
    04-02-13 09:02 AM
    Since March 28.....3 times. Glad the reboot time iS not as long a previous Blackberry devices, but this is NOT good.

EDIT: It seems to have STOP, no reboots since Sunday
    Last edited by spencerdl; 04-03-13 at 03:19 PM.
    04-02-13 09:09 AM
    Since March 5th my phone has never rebooted on it's own in a crash-like manner. It may have rebooted a few times during OS updates but that is to be expected.

I have a multitude of sideloaded Android apps on the phone and again, no rebooting. Once when I tried about 5 or 6 self converted Android apps that are obviously not compatible with the Z10 the phone froze and I had to do a battery pull. But again, I had just crashed the Android Player about 5 or 6 times in a row.

I don't usually run with Active Frames up and running. I have not bridged my Z10 to my PlayBook.

My phone is a STL100-3. With Rogers in a town without LTE. I have LTE enabled but I always get a 4G signal instead. The phone has software release 10.0.10.85.

I typically run my phone with default network settings, default brightness, NFC off, Bluetooth off and I am connected to a Wifi access point at least 80% of the day.

My BlackBerry Hub is connected to BBM, a personal POP account hosted by GoDaddy, my Gmail account using IMAP, a business POP account connected to a local Internet provider (Nexicom), my corporate Exchange 2003 server using ActiveSync, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
    04-02-13 09:10 AM
    Had mine since launch day UK 29th jan, did it once in first week, never again since .90 update. Have loads of android apps, games etc with 2 active windows open on avg - BBM whatsapp
    04-02-13 09:13 AM
    Can everyone who voted here please vote in this more comprehensive survey? This one really help determine the cause of the reboots.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-790724/
    mufc1 likes this.
    04-02-13 09:14 AM
    Never ever had my Z10 reboot. I've been on a canadian carrier since February 5th, and have had the original build as well as the newest. I have sideloaded apps as well as android apps from blackberry world. I use my Z10 for personal use, and I have now just started to use it with work as well. I use my z10 all day, every day and I work it like a horse, and again, I have never ever had any reboots. So far, 100% uptime!
    04-02-13 09:53 AM
    Can everyone who voted here please vote in this more comprehensive survey? This one really help determine the cause of the reboots.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-790724/
    Voting in both will give us a good over all look.

Tim
    04-02-13 10:14 AM
    Not sure if this will help, but go into settings under about and change the category to Hardware, scroll down to Boot time and take not of the date.

Also, wouldn't doing a log file trhough link be far more useful to rim as well? Just a suggestion. But a good idea to track it none the less.
    04-02-13 10:29 AM
    Fortunately, I have not experienced this issue, to date.
    04-02-13 10:30 AM
    Rogers, LTE, latest OS, only ported app I'm aware I have installed is Buffer. Nothing sideloaded, not a tonne of apps in general. I've noticed a few reboots here and there (I've seen maybe three over the past month with the phone). If it has happened more often, I haven't noticed - but I don't leave active frames open, so it's not likely I would notice.
    04-02-13 10:46 AM
    I'm with att and mines reboots like 1 time or two times a day.

Posted from my Z10 #PhoneLikeaBoss
    04-02-13 11:15 AM
90 123 ...