Makes no sense to only have it accessible in the hub.

Godspeed,

Ty

Posted via CB10
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    04-01-13 06:12 PM
    Nope, it's completely unnecessary. If anything, I think they'll get rid of the SMS icon.
    pandapurple and Spawn12 like this.
    04-01-13 06:19 PM
    I think it makes no sense to adding an email icon in the app tray. The whole point of this OS is the hub, active frames and the flow between them.
    Sexy Sadie and Douken like this.
    04-01-13 06:19 PM
    Nope, it's completely unnecessary. If anything, I think they'll get rid of the SMS icon.
    BBM I get, but the text icon makes no sense to me.
    04-01-13 06:20 PM
    What's the difference? With previous OS's you had a common (ie hub style) email icon that all your email accounts resided in, just go to the hub, they have invested heavily in this new concept, and I repeatedly hear on this forum, it's not like my old one I want it like my old one, or from the new folks from android and apple, it doesn't have a home button where is the home button?

Well simple fact of the matter folks is that BlackBerry has built a whole NEW OS, and a pretty nice one to boot, why would we want to go backwards and make it like it used to be? You want to see your email well you get a red light, you get the little red asterisk on the mail icon when you peek and if you want to look further you slide to the right. I think that's a pretty fluid experience and I'm a old time BlackBerry user.

Let's just drive this around the block for a few months and then start tweaking. How many big changes did BlackBerry make from OS 4 to 7 in how the phone fundamentally functioned? Not very many, so let's just give it a chance imagine this is a whole new, which it is, system

Posted from my Zed 10*CA*
    04-01-13 06:24 PM
    Makes no sense to only have it accessible in the hub.

Godspeed,

Ty

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, I have pressed those icons many times, but nothing ever seems to happen! I think it wouldn't be a bad idea at all, it seems that everything other icon you touch does something, why not these?
    04-01-13 06:24 PM
    I never even press the text messages icon. So I'll even won't press the "messages" icon.
    04-01-13 06:27 PM
    FYI, there is a free app called "compose" that adds an icon to create direct from home screen into your default account.
    04-01-13 06:29 PM
    Nope no need

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:29 PM
    id like to see it as an option also. You can save some swiping and taps if you had icons still available for each mailbox and such. Options are good!
    BlackberryPig and zyad like this.
    04-01-13 06:30 PM
    Why do you want an icon that takes you into the hub instead of a gesture? I see no advantage in having an icon, I've hidden the SMS icon away on the last page in a folder of useless apps (another being the phone icon)'

What I would like is the hub gesture just to take me back into my main hub view every time rather than the last state I was in.
    ibpluto likes this.
    04-01-13 06:30 PM
    A mail icon would make sense if they gave you the option to hide icons like in the past. I miss those small features. They'll be back in time. And what about a delete all prior option in the hub? Am I the only one that noticed this? Clicking select all then tap,tap,tap gets a little crazy when I'm cleaning up my crackberry emails.

The Os is definitely winning. Just give it time. Right now I'd prefer an update for Verizon in regards to battery life.

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    04-01-13 06:32 PM
    Why do you want an icon that takes you into the hub instead of a gesture? I see no advantage in having an icon, I've hidden the SMS icon away on the last page in a folder of useless apps (another being the phone icon)'

What I would like is the hub gesture just to take me back into my main hub view every time rather than the last state I was in.
    That is exactly why it would be nice to have the icon or the gesture you stated. The whole concept of the hub as bbry explained it was it was always on available.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:36 PM
    A mail icon would make sense if they gave you the option to hide icons like in the past. I miss those small features. They'll be back in time. And what about a delete all prior option in the hub? Am I the only one that noticed this? Clicking select all then tap,tap,tap gets a little crazy when I'm cleaning up my crackberry emails.

The Os is definitely winning. Just give it time. Right now I'd prefer an update for Verizon in regards to battery life.

It's available. I would be too scared to use it in the Hub, but have been using it in the individual email tabs within the Hub. Tap and hold on the date masthead (if that is what it's called), and the right menu will show up to delete all prior.
    04-01-13 06:37 PM
    Yes there is a reason to have mailbox icons (at least as an option). Don't assume that just because you don't need it, others wouldn't.
    The spark on those individual inbox icons are very valuable. For example when I'm coming out of a 90 min meeting, red LED is always on, and a quick glance tells me I missed BES work emails, personal emails, BBMs, but no SMS for example, and I can choose which to deal with in order of importance
    I'm just curious: As it stands, if I choose not to show a certain email inbox in the Hub, how do I access it? Does it get an app screen envelope icon?
    h20work likes this.
    04-01-13 06:39 PM
    It's available. I would be too scared to use it in the Hub, but have been using it in the individual email tabs within the Hub. Tap and hold on the date masthead (if that is what it's called), and the right menu will show up to delete all prior.
    I did it and it works. But it only deletes my emails not sms. Weird

04-01-13 06:54 PM

If I'm not mistaken, that gesture is already there. Suppose you have an email notification (spark) in your hub. Tap your email tab which takes you to your email folder and out of the main hub. Tap the unread item which opens into yet another view. Normally, to get back to the main hub would require two swipes to the right, the first one taking you back to your previous state, and the second is back into the hub.

Instead you can get back in just one gesture. From the active view, in this case the open email, place your finger on the line that separates the active screen and bottom icon tray (place your finger just above the back button) Continue to hold your finger to the glass and slide to the right along the line. Move slowly to view the previous state, or slide full right and release. The latter brings you to the previous state which now displays a mini hub on the left. You can select hub icons from there or, if you wish, you can open to the full hub view by tapping on the blackberry icon (top of mini bar).

Maybe one step too many still but it does get your there faster. Hope this helps.
    04-01-13 08:46 PM
    It's weird how some people seem offended that I'm even asking this. Having an active icon for email is clearly a useful option for MANY people. So just because you don't agree, there is no reason to take offense. For me, I would like to look at my screen of icons and see the red star on an email icon much like the text message icon.

Posted via CB10
    zyad, BlackberryPig and h20work like this.
    04-01-13 09:23 PM
    Seriously folks, and email icon? What's the point of the hub then?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    04-01-13 09:32 PM
    I also prefer a email icon. Just makes it better. The hub is not my favorite.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:32 PM
    Why do you want an icon that takes you into the hub instead of a gesture?
    There's already an icon taking you directly into the hub. Its visible on the home page and all subsequent app (icon) pages that follow. Just above the icon tray (bottom) there's a small slider that displays active buttons (mini icons) which, when tapped, will take you into, from left to right, the hub, homepage, and subsequent app pages. You can tap the buttons directly which takes you right to where you want to go, or you can place and hold your finger on any slider item which pops up a transparent shadow bar highlighting the buttons. Sliding left or right expands the icon so its visible above your finger. Release at the appropriate item. This latter method is especially usefull if you're using a light wallpaper that might blend the white buttons (icons) into the background. The slider is not visible in open applications or hub generated views.

The access the hub: 1) from open apps and homepage/app pages use the peek gesture, 2). from homepage/app pages use the peek gesture or the slider bar, 3). from hub generated views use the sliding gesture which I previously described to get to the mini-hub, or, 4). swipe to right until you get there )

Four different ways to get to the hub. Do we really need another hub icon?

For those that really need an email button, BB could place a mini email icon to the left or right of the hub icon in the slider bar. Not too invasive. Shouldn't bother too many people that are dead against having one, IMHO )
    04-01-13 10:12 PM
    There's already an icon taking you directly into the hub. Its visible on the home page and all subsequent app (icon) pages that follow. Just above the icon tray (bottom) there's a small slider that displays active buttons (mini icons) which, when tapped, will take you into, from left to right, the hub, homepage, and subsequent app pages. You can tap the buttons directly which takes you right to where you want to go, or you can place and hold your finger on any slider item which pops up a transparent shadow bar highlighting the buttons. Sliding left or right expands the icon so its visible above your finger. Release at the appropriate item. This latter method is especially usefull if you're using a light wallpaper that might blend the white buttons (icons) into the background. The slider is not visible in open applications or hub generated views.

The access the hub: 1) from open apps and homepage/app pages use the peek gesture, 2). from homepage/app pages use the peek gesture or the slider bar, 3). from hub generated views use the sliding gesture which I previously described to get to the mini-hub, or, 4). swipe to right until you get there )

Four different ways to get to the hub. Do we really need another hub icon?

For those that really need an email button, BB could place a mini email icon to the left or right of the hub icon in the slider bar. Not too invasive. Shouldn't bother too many people that are dead against having one, IMHO )
    Those steps will take you back to whatever you were doing within the hub, not the hub itself. If you had an email open, you go back to that email, same with BBM

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:22 PM
    Those steps will take you back to whatever you were doing within the hub, not the hub itself. If you had an email open, you go back to that email, same with BBM

Posted via CB10
    This is true, but only if you were doing something in the hub, in which case you can then use the sliding gesture to get into the mini hub.
    04-01-13 10:38 PM

Long press the slim date bar in the hub above your messages...then on the right you will have the option to delete prior.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:38 PM
    )'

I think we ALL want this feature.

Posted via CB10
    sooman54, howarmat and h20work like this.
    04-01-13 11:41 PM
63 123