I see this has happened to a few people now. I also turned Facebook off, but all my contacts also have FB data. Ugh. I've got way too many
    contatcts to delete each duplicate one by one. Anyone figure this problem out?
    04-01-13 03:08 PM
    This has happened to me as well, I have just left it at the moment... don't know if deleting and readding will do anything

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 03:10 PM
    I am not able to configure my work account

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 03:15 PM
    This just happened to me as well. When I invited my first recipient to a calendar event, my Z10 asked me to associate the calendar (my g-cal) with an email address...soon after my contacts doubled. Coincidence?
    04-01-13 03:36 PM
    Happened to me too this afternoon. My Z10 crashed, then after the reboot I noticed all Gmail contacts had doubled up.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:01 PM
    Same here. Happened within the hour.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:02 PM
    This just happened to me as well. So strange.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:24 PM
    Yep! Did something just happen with gMail today? I have THREE Z10's (I own 2 businesses and 1 personal phones). This afternoon ALL 3 of them duplicated all contacts. All phones have different eMail addresses associated with them, so they have nothing to do with each other. All 3 of them duplicated over 700 contacts each. I'm going crazy trying to fix it because all my customer contacts are annoying the **** out of me being there twice. So if it's happening to other people at the same time, it must be something gMail related that just happened today. Any news on this??
    04-01-13 04:33 PM
    I've been restraining myself not to comment on this, because it is only one of several email problems I've been having. Now I see a new thread on this topic. So I'm more comfortable telling the world that I have many contacts twice now

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:34 PM
    ....Adding to my previous post, I have just noticed that my PlayBook contact accounts have also duplicated all the contacts. This does not seem to be a Z10 specific problem. Seems to be Google syncing everything twice problem. But please correct me if I'm wrong if someone has any more info. I'm going crazy with all my roughly 2,000 contacts duplicated and unfixable.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:49 PM
    This news adds more ammunition to my hunch that
    Google is not playing nice with certain competitors.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-01-13 05:07 PM
    gmail or the phone has duplicated my contacts MULTIPLE times!!!! there are contacts in the list that have AT LEAST 5 different entries... ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    maddie1128 likes this.
    04-01-13 05:08 PM
    Me too. Duplicates, but not on Google com, just phone?

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 and abetter1 like this.
    04-01-13 05:11 PM
    I was just about to say at least it's only duplication and nothing more. I too am wondering if it is Google not playing nice. Of course it is only human to think the worst right away

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-01-13 05:12 PM
    Same here... Every contact duplicated more then once in some instances. And BE CAREFUL if you're choosing to delete some as some of mine duplicated the contact but seems to have not duplicated the info. For example it seems on certain contacts duplicated I have different info due to adding info at some point which makes me believe this is a gmail issue and not a blackberry issue. I believe these are duplicated from separate save/sync times on gmail creating the difference in info.
    04-01-13 05:18 PM
    Ditto just happened to me is there a work around?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:08 PM
    Same here, just popped up this afternoon.
    04-01-13 08:21 PM
    I would just like to confirm that no one's Gmail servers duplicated also, correct? All 3 of my Z10's and my PlayBook have duplicated. But my Gmail on the Web is still safe so far. The same for everyone else also?

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 and abetter1 like this.
    04-01-13 08:28 PM
    Yep.. hit me too for a second time. The first time i cleared the issue by deleting the G account and re-adding.
    CDM76 and bmwbarrister like this.
    04-01-13 08:59 PM
    My contacts duplicated today on my phone, but Gmail is ok on the computer.
    I only have had gmail turned on for contacts, all other options have been off. Just changed today.
    I turned them off and they were off the Z10...checked Gmail and everything was fine.
    Turned Gmail contacts back on and two were downloaded again...
    04-01-13 09:17 PM
    Yep.. hit me too for a second time. The first time i cleared the issue by deleting the G account and re-adding.
    I did this too but then if you wait a while it doubles again.

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 likes this.
    04-01-13 09:24 PM
    When I originally synced my phone (the day I got it) I had duplicate contacts. I went thru all of them and deleted them, several hours later some came back.......I went thru those and linked all of them.....hours- sometimes as long as a day later- some keep coming back (and not always the same ones). Today- they ALL came back. I don't know where I am pulling the contacts from other than my google acct. Could it be from BlackBerry Protect? I have automatic backups everyday- but from my understanding it is just from the phone to bb Protect and not the other way around.
    04-01-13 09:54 PM
    Same just happened to me, was about to open a thread too until I saw this. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:00 PM
    When I originally synced my phone (the day I got it) I had duplicate contacts. I went thru all of them and deleted them, several hours later some came back.......I went thru those and linked all of them.....hours- sometimes as long as a day later- some keep coming back (and not always the same ones). Today- they ALL came back. I don't know where I am pulling the contacts from other than my google acct. Could it be from BlackBerry Protect? I have automatic backups everyday- but from my understanding it is just from the phone to bb Protect and not the other way around.
    It doesn't have anything to do so protect. On my previous Berry I was not syncing my contacts to it. So protect doesn't know about them and I'm duplicating.

Does anyone know if iPhone or droid users are also duplicating the Google syncs? Or only blackberry related?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:10 PM
    Crap I spent a long time trying to link all the contacts together but now duplicates in them... sighhhh wats happening. When I saw this thread I was like what are these guys talking about so I decided to check my contacts and damn they r duplicated.

Some fix please...

Posted via CB10
    glennster28 likes this.
    04-01-13 10:15 PM
193 123 ...