Dear Blackberry lovers,
    I am here to just share my personal experience about blackberry app world. This is never mean to criticize or hurt someone's feelings.
    I am a month old to blackberry now. My first device is BBZ10. I have noticed something strange about the BB App Store. I just used to scan which app are introduced on a daily basis.. I happen to see few apps and got tempted and bought them.... That is where the problem begins, when few of the apps are malfunctioning and others we don't know how to use them. Out of frustration i wrote to the respective Dev teams and they come up with no solution. And to my surprise when i have rated an app with a 2 star? it never appeared on the reviews.... So i made some self amendments about app buying...
    1. Do not buy apps on the basis of ratings.... Believe it or not, its just a cheap trick to get you hooked up. (Not all ratings are displayed)
    2. Please do some google or at least seek some advice from crackberry forum.
    3. If you did purchase and Dev team doesn't respond, do not regret, just think it as an experience..

Regards all,
    Raam
    04-01-13 03:33 AM
    The ratings are there. Every single rating I've put in has been added, albeit there was a delay of up to a week on some reviews. I'm guessing BB servers were busy with new app submissions and downloads.

Oh, and BB does offer refunds btw. I remember seeing the link to email them explaining the situation somewhere on these forums.
    raam4u likes this.
    04-01-13 03:40 AM
    No he's right, I've seen reviews just disappear, on several occasions and with different apps

Posted via CB10
    raam4u likes this.
    04-01-13 04:08 AM
    Good post raam. you can never be too careful. Especially when it comes down to debit/credit card info.

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    raam4u likes this.
    04-01-13 04:12 AM
    Good post raam. you can never be too careful. Especially when it comes down to debit/credit card info.

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    BB has your credit card info..the devs don't see anything related to your credit card.
    04-01-13 04:19 AM
    I agree about the reviews.I tried to post a few myself and some of them never showed up or got deleted (good or bad, though mostly bad).
    raam4u likes this.
    04-01-13 04:23 AM
    The ratings are there. Every single rating I've put in has been added, albeit there was a delay of up to a week on some reviews. I'm guessing BB servers were busy with new app submissions and downloads.

Oh, and BB does offer refunds btw. I remember seeing the link to email them explaining the situation somewhere on these forums.
    Could you post the thread link?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:26 AM
    I'm fairly certain that developers can request BB remove reviews , so definitely shame on BlackBerry here.
    raam4u and Lalabum like this.
    04-01-13 04:41 AM
    Could you post the thread link?
    I wish I knew where I saw it, but I can't remember.
    04-01-13 04:42 AM
    Gotta say that it has never been a problem for me to get a refund on an app for a legitimate reason.

Posted via CB10
    raam4u likes this.
    04-01-13 04:51 AM
    Thanks for the heads up

Posted via my Zee10
    raam4u likes this.
    04-01-13 04:58 AM
    Yes, reviews can be removed (but not the rating). The developer can't remove them, but they can flag them for review by BlackBerry. If BlackBerry finds that the review should be removed, the star rating still is reflected in the overall rating.

The star rating is also a combination of Z10 and PlayBook ratings. You won't see PlayBook reviews on the Z10, and you won't see Z10 reviews on the PlayBook, but the star rating will be the same on both.

One of the things that will keep a review from being pulled is to be concise, and detailed with your review. If all you write is "It sucks", don't expect it to stay visible. It's much better to write out details. If you have a problem with an app, it's also best to try to contact the developer before posting a review.

When I read reviews, I always look for the ones that actually have details. If all I see is "It sucks", or "Awesome app!", I just ignore those. Why would I take them as serious if they don't take the time to really write out a review?
    04-01-13 06:31 AM
    I am not worried about my credit card or money.... What makes me sick is how helpless we are when those guys don't even respond to us? I don't wanna take sides, and i don't even wanna mention the names. The soul purpose of this thread is to make aware that seeing at the rating do not fall for it..... we got a great blackberry community in here.... seek information... collect enough info and then go for it..... we don't even know that we may end up getting some thing better..... "Learn from the lessons of others, you need not to be the one." That was the only message i wanna give it to all...............
    Thanks @Atentozedten
    04-01-13 06:50 AM
    Why to pay for it in first place and waste all the time to get back your money?

Thanks @MaselliMike
    04-01-13 06:53 AM
    +1
    I don't even dare to download those with low ratings for this kind of problem. I have to tiptoe my purchase and checking with CB to know which one is a native app.

Posted via CB10
    raam4u likes this.
    04-01-13 06:53 AM
    This is 100% business my friend, no one cares what you think about the app, they only care about the money. So it is us to get the things right before we jump into buying some thing and then repent in leisure.... I am not worried about my ratings nor the money i spent on those apps... I just wanna share it to make others aware.....
    Thanks @ Xopher
    04-01-13 07:04 AM
    As a developer, I only request removal of comments that are unwarranted. Such as "Doesn't work" when they clearly haven't tried to contact me. It's rude. If I have a problem with an app, I will work with the developer to resolve it. And guess what that causes! A good review making note that they helped out.

People are too quick on the draw and don't realize how it affects the app's reputation and therefore the developer's sales. You would be astounded at some of the comments that have been left without prior attempts at contact.

Posted via CB10
    raam4u and Xopher like this.
    04-01-13 07:05 AM
    Thanks @nick
    I am glad that you have commented on my link nick. We wouldn't expect every one to be the same. This is simply an awareness message. As i mentioned earlier "This is never mean to criticize or hurt someone's feelings." This is no blame game... I am simply sharing my experience (what i been through) with the community. I don't want any other person to just fall for the ratings (like i did)... "people are not crazy to invest on the phones and buy applications and give it a bad review"... No one is uneducated in here to just say lame things about the developers. It differs from how you look at and where u stand. Every individual has got there own set of perception into a problem. All i can do is to bring the awareness in people regarding the apps.... I am not saying not to buy any app, i am just saying seek info in communities like this and gather info... if they are satisfied they will buy, if not they think of another option.
    Best regards,
    Raam
    Xopher and nickdollimount like this.
    04-01-13 07:22 AM
    Gotta say that it has never been a problem for me to get a refund on an app for a legitimate reason.

Posted via CB10
    Nor me. Takes two week usually.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:27 AM

Ratings and comments are not appearing for some apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:40 AM