I am a hap, Hap, HAPPY new Z10 user. I have waited for well over a year to get my paws on this device, and it is all I had hoped for and more. It is a massive upgrade from my Torch 9800, which was dying a slow death, but is now happily retired. I have a few observations about the Z10 and a few questions.

Observations:
    1. This device is awesome! Having started my BlackBerry life with the Curve 8330, graduating to the Curve 8530 and finally the Torch 9800, I can say with complete certainty, that this is by far the best of them all.
    2. The hardware is not what I thought it would be. It�s better! I was expecting to have some issues with the general size of it and also the lack of a physical keyboard, but guess what? It�s not as cumbersome as I thought it might be and I�m finding that I like the virtual experience. Also, the flicking of words? Well, that�s just brilliant.
    3. The software is what makes this device the winner that it is. Everything is seamless and very fast. I�ve yet to find something that locks it up or even slows it down.
    4. A Verizon sales rep was yapping about how the lack of apps is going to be the downfall of BB, but my argument was who needs to choose 1 or 2 apps out of 37,000? And so far as I can tell, the Z10 has every app already pre-loaded that I would have loaded anyway.
    5. As one who also owns a PlayBook, I see a lot of that design in the Z10. Many of the features are the same or very close to it. The Z10 learning curve was minimal for me.
    6. I know many people are hating on the camera, but I find it quite satisfactory. If there�s a need for a better shot, I usually have my trusty Nikon with me anyway.

I feel that I have a pretty good feel for the Z10, but as I�ve discovered with any BlackBerry, there are many hidden features. So��.

Questions:
    1. Does anyone know of a way to display the date on the homescreen along with the time? That would be useful to me
    2. Does anyone know of a shortcut to silence the phone? On my previous BB�s, I could just press the Q letter and it�s as quiet as a sleeping baby. I find it strange that the only way to do this is to do the top down swipe and go into settings.
    3. Also on the ringtone theme, I was able to set up very customized tones for certain notices. Example: when my boss called, I had it set to vibrate 3 bursts and ring twice with a particular ringtone. I found the customizable ringtone and notification tone for every contact, but it�s only 1 burst vibrate and 1 ring. Is that something that�s just not there anymore?
    4. On my old BB�s there was the �Memopad�. Is this no longer available?
    5. With my Torch, the BlackBerry Protect was a very different program. I was able to do a data and contacts backup. Is this no longer the case?
    6. I�m concerned about deleting items from the hub. An example would be a person to person facebook message. I did a test and deleting it from the Z10 also deleted it on facebook. That was a problem before, but I was able to choose �Delete from handheld� only. I can�t find the option on the Z10. Have the app developers finally decided that I don�t need to keep a message beyond the read time? Is this the case for emails and text messages too?
    7. In the Browser, is there a way to �List� your favorites and recently viewed pages instead of sorting through all the �Tiles�?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read all this and help me out.
    candykost likes this.
    03-31-13 05:51 PM
    2. Does anyone know of a shortcut to silence the phone? On my previous BB�s, I could just press the Q letter and it�s as quiet as a sleeping baby. I find it strange that the only way to do this is to do the top down swipe and go into settings.

3. Also on the ringtone theme, I was able to set up very customized tones for certain notices. Example: when my boss called, I had it set to vibrate 3 bursts and ring twice with a particular ringtone. I found the customizable ringtone and notification tone for every contact, but it�s only 1 burst vibrate and 1 ring. Is that something that�s just not there anymore?

4. On my old BB�s there was the �Memopad�. Is this no longer available?

5. With my Torch, the BlackBerry Protect was a very different program. I was able to do a data and contacts backup. Is this no longer the case?
    2. Pressing volume down all the way. From the home screen brings the profile to vibrate then silent

3. Currently not possible. BlackBerry people know this feedback and are presumably working on it. In the meantime there are some paid apps that might be able to do it.

4. Replaced by the app called Remember

5. Not available except that watered down web version. My guess is they're still working on it

Posted via CB10
    Spirerock likes this.
    03-31-13 06:31 PM
    Whoops.... #2 doesn't work, I just tried it again. I did it before but now I don't know how I did it :/

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:34 PM
    Hey, thanks for replying. I guess that the OS legacy changes were greater than I thought. I'll have to check into some customizable ringtone apps if that's the biggest gripe.
    03-31-13 06:36 PM
    Hopefully they add those notification customization features in an update. I really liked them too
    Spirerock likes this.
    03-31-13 06:43 PM

2. Does anyone know of a shortcut to silence the phone? On my previous BB’s, I could just press the Q letter and it’s as quiet as a sleeping baby. I find it strange that the only way to do this is to do the top down swipe and go into settings.

4. On my old BB’s there was the “Memopad”. Is this no longer available?
    2. Just swipe down to go to settings, but don't click on 'Settings', instead beside 'Notifications' click on the square with a picture of a bell on it, with a line going through it. It should turn blue and change to silent under 'Notifications' from normal.

4. Good notepad app is Notepad by Harshal Bidasaria.
    Spirerock likes this.
    03-31-13 06:48 PM
    Yeah I'm very upset about the vibrate setting getting hacked to one miserable vibrate I can't feel that it's anoying but I'm really hoping it's a software upgrade away.... somebody please verify this for me
    Spirerock likes this.
    03-31-13 06:50 PM
    Yeah I'm very upset about the vibrate setting getting hacked to one miserable vibrate I can't feel that it's anoying but I'm really hoping it's a software upgrade away.... somebody please verify this for me
    No one can tell you with 100% certainty until we get the update. People can speculate, but that's all it is, speculation.
    03-31-13 06:55 PM
    Also is there anyway to hide tiles in the main screen like the text message tile since it's always BlackBerry Hub accessible anyway
    03-31-13 06:55 PM
    1. Pull down for the top at the home screen.
    03-31-13 06:56 PM
    4. On my old BB’s there was the “Memopad”. Is this no longer available?
    Question about this. Everytime I've upgraded my BB to a new device, I have been able to move all of my notes in the memopad with it. Without the app on the Z10, I'm going to lose all of my notes??

Also, does the Z10 have Password Keeper? Same for that. I have a lot of information stored in there.
    03-31-13 07:00 PM
    Question about this. Everytime I've upgraded my BB to a new device, I have been able to move all of my notes in the memopad with it. Without the app on the Z10, I'm going to lose all of my notes??
    You can transfer all of your memos to the remember app.
    Mom2One likes this.
    03-31-13 07:02 PM
    1. Does anyone know of a way to display the date on the homescreen along with the time? That would be useful to me
    Keep the calendar icon on top of your first page. That icon is always displaying the current date.
    03-31-13 07:33 PM
    Just close out the text program from your active tiles and access it through the hub, no need to have it open.

Posted via CB10
    Spirerock likes this.
    03-31-13 08:38 PM
    I'm definitely buying!
    Spirerock likes this.
    03-31-13 08:49 PM
    Whoops.... #2 doesn't work, I just tried it again. I did it before but now I don't know how I did it :/

Posted via CB10
    I got solution to work. I pressed and held until the volume was at it's lowest level, let the button up and pressed again. The Z10 went into vibrate mode.Thanks for the tip.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    03-31-13 10:21 PM
    Keep the calendar icon on top of your first page. That icon is always displaying the current date.
    Thanks for the tip. See? Hidden features. lol
    03-31-13 10:27 PM
    I got solution to work. I pressed and held until the volume was at it's lowest level, let the button up and pressed again. The Z10 went into vibrate mode.Thanks for the tip.
    Didn't work for me

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:45 PM
    Didn't work for me

Posted via CB10
    it works for me again, just kept pressing volume down until it vibrated. i think at a minimum you have to not have any music playing, otherwise it just turns down the music volume. maybe having headphones plugged in affects it too
    04-02-13 11:28 PM

Also, does the Z10 have Password Keeper? Same for that. I have a lot of information stored in there.
    Password Keeper isn't installed by default but it's there in App World, just search for "password" and it's the first result
    04-02-13 11:30 PM
    Password keeper is available for download in BB world!
    04-02-13 11:31 PM
    I've downloaded old ring tones from legacy devices for my Z10 from this link:

http://crackberry.com/using-custom-r...-blackberry-10

Hey, thanks for replying. I guess that the OS legacy changes were greater than I thought. I'll have to check into some customizable ringtone apps if that's the biggest gripe.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:37 AM