In reading all of the tech reviews and pundits, the stock manipulators (see SeekingAlpha), and the hopes of us faithful, I think that we need to brainstorm how Blackberry can change the mindset of the consumer. That is really the war now. It is no longer a war of tech.

We all know, that the Z10 is a superior "product". It has what is likely the best technical Mobile OS, a new revamped development environment, and a competitive, if not cutting edge (hey - BB ain't HTC, Samsung, or Nokia) piece of hardware. The Apps are coming (that will not be the reason for BB's lack of success). Even the new products are coming (aristo, tablet, etc).

What matters, is what carrying a Blackberry says about YOU as a person. This has always been true. Remember the Motorola Razr phones that were given away to the celebrities in the Academy Award goodie bags? Right now, Apple and Samsung have done a great job of outlining their territory.

Iphones are the aspirational device. The hipster, in the know, the in the club, device. From teens (who send Instragram pics) to the Starbucks goer - it is like choosing the "can't go wrong", "I am still cool device." I think it is a (trying to hang on) device.

Samsung Android - made a brilliant market move by positioning them as the anti-Apple. The better tech, "you are truly in the know", "not like the pseudo iapple people'. Associating Apple's "innovation" with the plug is on the bottom, and standing in line for your parents was an extremely deft move.

Blackberry is tarnished. Blackberry has to decide what "position" they want to take in the market. People who carry Blackberries are (insert you comments here). I am not sure the "keeps you moving" positioning is connecting with how people see themselves. Or, perhaps it is just not powerful enough to gain attention of the zeitgeist.

How do you see yourselves now that you carry a Blackberry Z10? What can we tell BB to help them?
    03-31-13 09:12 AM
    It tells the world "Hey, I don't care about apps, just a fresh new OS experience".
    03-31-13 09:13 AM
    Carrying a BlackBerry BB10 device says that you're classy and you want nothing but the best.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:16 AM
    BlackBerry people are the most social people ever

Posted via CB10
    rexrim likes this.
    03-31-13 09:17 AM
    Nothing... it's just a phone. It doesn't define me. Geez..

Posted via CB10
    sj10689, shaleem, cjwcash and 50 others like this.
    03-31-13 09:18 AM
    See signature.

Posted via CB10
    Ojhoana, brout, toobs623 and 2 others like this.
    03-31-13 09:20 AM
    I personally feel that anybody who chooses a device just because it makes them look cool, as opposed to choosing it because it suits them best, is delusional. And doing the same just for the sake of being purposely anti-conformist isn't really any better.

When people ask me for device recommendations, while I do tell them about BlackBerry 10, I always encourage them to choose the one that suits them best. I do, however, dissuade them from Android.

What does having a BlackBerry say about me? It says that I'm a person who has a BlackBerry. (Though that's not to say I don't take a little pride in it, too.)

Samsung Android - made a brilliant market move by positioning them as the anti-Apple. The better tech, "you are truly in the know", "not like the pseudo iapple people'. Associating Apple's "innovation" with the plug is on the bottom, and standing in line for your parents was an extremely deft move.
    Wait, you mean Samsung isn't all about Robot Unicorns and stuff?
    Last edited by sj10689; 03-31-13 at 09:38 AM.
    03-31-13 09:24 AM
    In reading all of the tech reviews and pundits, the stock manipulators (see SeekingAlpha), and the hopes of us faithful, I think that we need to brainstorm how Blackberry can change the mindset of the consumer. That is really the war now. It is no longer a war of tech.

We all know, that the Z10 is a superior "product". It has what is likely the best technical Mobile OS, a new revamped development environment, and a competitive, if not cutting edge (hey - BB ain't HTC, Samsung, or Nokia) piece of hardware. The Apps are coming (that will not be the reason for BB's lack of success). Even the new products are coming (aristo, tablet, etc).

What matters, is what carrying a Blackberry says about YOU as a person. This has always been true. Remember the Motorola Razr phones that were given away to the celebrities in the Academy Award goodie bags? Right now, Apple and Samsung have done a great job of outlining their territory.

Iphones are the aspirational device. The hipster, in the know, the in the club, device. From teens (who send Instragram pics) to the Starbucks goer - it is like choosing the "can't go wrong", "I am still cool device." I think it is a (trying to hang on) device.

Blackberry is tarnished. Blackberry has to decide what "position" they want to take in the market. People who carry Blackberries are (insert you comments here). I am not sure the "keeps you moving" positioning is connecting with how people see themselves. Or, perhaps it is just not powerful enough to gain attention of the zeitgeist.

How do you see yourselves now that you carry a Blackberry Z10? What can we tell BB to help them?
    It says we are a glutton for punishment...

Also..bb10 isn't the most advanced OS.

Posted via CB10
    shads77, j8298c, h20work and 1 others like this.
    03-31-13 09:28 AM
    In the social context, it means nothing. In the context of business, it means a person aware of current technology, cares about security, hyperconnected, self confident, independent thinker. The kind of person I want to do business with. That doesn't mean I won't do business with those with other phones but, it narrows the type of business I would do.

By the way, a person with a feature phone might be even more interesting. Depending on why they don't want a "smartphone".
    shads77, sugbo, bmercer94 and 1 others like this.
    03-31-13 09:34 AM
    Nothing. It's only a phone ...... a great one ..... but still, only a phone.
    03-31-13 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    So what is the most advanced OS in your opinion??.
    03-31-13 09:46 AM
    Nothing... it's just a phone. It doesn't define me. Geez..

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is great but 100% agree with this post. It is a phone, not a personal legacy. Unlikely that my choice of phone will be on my gravestone.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    j8298c, Tre Lawrence and shaleem like this.
    03-31-13 09:48 AM
    It's says..

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:56 AM
    To many, the phones they carry do define them - perhaps only in their mind, and to some - to the friends in their circle (see Teenagers, I got one, believe me this is true). Why do we choose one car over another? They all get us from one place to another. And, we really can't make the case that one engine or tires, etc - are really all that went into the decision.

Carrying a Blackberry really means something - even if only in your mind. Perhaps it is different for all of us.

It would not hurt for Blackberrry sales numbers if carrying a Blackberry was "cool". I certainly want to help them achieve that.
    partizan666 and Ojhoana like this.
    03-31-13 09:58 AM
    So what is the most advanced OS in your opinion??.
    Android 4.2.2

Very close second is iOS 6.1

Posted via CB10
    21stNow likes this.
    03-31-13 09:58 AM
    It says, hey I can make phone calls! Cause its a phone...

Posted via CB10
    Speedygi and BionicKris like this.
    03-31-13 10:01 AM
    I have absolutely no qualms saying I bought this z10 because it's a definite world class product designed here in Canada.

So for me it says I'm a proud Canadian that supports Canadian companies that put out quality products.

Anyone that thinks there's something wrong with that can kiss the maple leaf tattoo on my right arse cheek.

Ya, I am an unabashed BB supporter. Don't like that? Then put me on ignore.
    03-31-13 10:03 AM
    It tells people, that's there's always something better out there that they don't know about.

Posted via CB10
    ummie4 and marrobinson like this.
    03-31-13 10:04 AM
    As a human being, the type of phone or device I carry or use doesn't mean a damm thing to me. Its the person inside the skin suit that defines the individual.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-31-13 10:06 AM
    I was wondering the same thing....Why do I have a BlackBerry and even, dare I say it, 'defend' it when I am taunted by non-BB users. For me, at one point and time (2010), BlackBerry was the phone that meant you have achieved a level of success that warrant such a device. I get and send a lot of emails. At the time, I was proud of that and having a phone to handle it was proof I moved up in the world. So, that was then and this is now....I still have a BlackBerry and still receive and send a lot of emails, this time it is personal and I have grown to appreciate I use a phone that fits my needs very well. I am free from the herd.
    03-31-13 10:07 AM
    I personally feel that anybody who chooses a device just because it makes them look cool, as opposed to choosing it because it suits them best, is delusional. And doing the same just for the sake of being purposely anti-conformist isn't really any better.

When people ask me for device recommendations, while I do tell them about BlackBerry 10, I always encourage them to choose the one that suits them best. I do, however, dissuade them from Android.

What does having a BlackBerry say about me? It says that I'm a person who has a BlackBerry. (Though that's not to say I don't take a little pride in it, too.)

Wait, you mean Samsung isn't all about Robot Unicorns and stuff?
    Teens choose iPhone because it makes them cool. But that is just how they always are. As for adults doing that, yeah pretty delusional. Lol

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    03-31-13 10:08 AM
    Not...

R Field, Jerryg50 and bighatnocatl like this.
    03-31-13 10:11 AM
    It says that that person will overpay for mediocrity.
    8lackberry8 likes this.
    03-31-13 10:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yup. It also shows our kids that we are complete and utter nerds devoid of being able to make our phone ours by way of customizing it while they can and do.

It also let's them keep knowing that while we think we are bleeding edge and will fight till death explaining how great our z10 is with all the limitations on it we still can't buy a decent app for it unless it's a city guide to Akron.

Don't even get me started if I'm watching a movie on it and a text comes in I want to answer quickly without having to turn off the movie or send it to the back.

I think more then anything though...it shows how lame and out of touch the IT guys are at our offices.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:15 AM
    It says I'm not a bandwagoner, usually it says I'm a business user or as Thorstein put it a 'hyperconnected power communicator' and multitasker. The phone is for people who want to get stuff done not for those who play candy crush all hours of the day.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    brout, deltact, ummie4 and 2 others like this.
    03-31-13 10:16 AM
261 123 ...