Thought this would be easy.

I selected the phone icon on the bottom left

I selected contacts

I selected my mom

Her name expanded with her phone number

I click on the phone number and nothing happens.

WTF? How do I call my mom? I seriously should not have to ask this about a phone. Another irk on my new Z10.... can't even call someone from contacts.

Whenever I click on the phone number for anyone, the screen just dims for a few seconds.

So, what am I doing wrong?

And while we are at it, how do i edit a contact? I can't from the phone->contacts list? That's another WTF.

EDIT: HUH!!! I just tried typing a phone number into the dial pad and that doesn't even work.
    03-30-13 01:06 PM
    A reboot may solve your first issue. Hold down the power button for approximately 10 seconds.

As for editing a contact, you have to do that from the contacts app.
    03-30-13 01:09 PM
    Yeah, that might be an issue with your phone, because that's how you make a call. If even the dial pad isn't working, then you have an issue. Reboot/reload software?

And as for edit, once you click a contact look on the bottom... There is an edit button. It's a little pencil.

Posted via TimeMachine
    03-30-13 01:13 PM
    1)
    A reboot may solve your first issue. Hold down the power button for approximately 10 seconds.

2)
    As for editing a contact, you have to do that from the contacts app.
    1) rebooting now. If this fixing it, this is a serious WTF

2) This should be resolved.
    03-30-13 01:14 PM
    Maybe start trouble-shooting first.

1) Make sure the number you choose (home, work, other, etc.) is filled with an actual number

2) Are you able to make a call out by manually dialing your mom's number?

3a) If the manual way works, then make sure the number you dialed is the same one you picked or entered in your contacts

3b) If the manual way doesn't work, trying calling another number that you know should work, like a local store

4) To edit a contact, there is an pencil icon at the bottom with the word "Edit"
    03-30-13 01:14 PM
    Clicking the phone number should place the call. Try restarting your phone. To edit. Long press a contact, click view details and it will open in the actual contacts app. Then edit.
    03-30-13 01:15 PM
    rebooting worked.

pathetic.

i hope this is fixed later.
    03-30-13 01:16 PM
    rebooting worked.

pathetic.

You got it, mate. Have a nice day and please do come back if you need so.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    03-30-13 01:19 PM
    Every phone has bugs. Reboot should fix 90% of the problem
    03-30-13 01:22 PM
    Happened to me early on too, not since though. And it was my mum I was calling lol

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:23 PM
    To edit a contact. Like basically all the native apps, there is the little "3 dot" icon on the bottom right (which is the icon for a fold-out menu). Within that menu is "Edit".
    03-30-13 01:24 PM
    It's really not needed to reboot the phone, the restart the phone application just open it and swipe 5 time from the right cornet on the butom ( the same tric to restart the hub)
    Have fun guys

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:27 PM
    rebooting worked.

pathetic.

Pathetic -- Not really. Its a new phone, new OS -- there are bound to be bugs that have to be worked out. As early adopters we have to have a little patience when it comes to phone quirks. Plus, hey sometimes software does crazy schmidt and needs a reboot. Now if the problem resurfaces, I would go exchange or warranty the device.

My own personal experience.. my Z10 has rebooted on me twice for no reason, a few more and Im not going to flame BB or the Z10 -- im just going to return it and get a new one while i still have the chance!
    03-30-13 01:31 PM
    rebooting worked.

pathetic.

LOL. I would have assumed you would glad it is working. Maybe even thankful that these guys were hear to give you basic advice for your issue.

A reason to say pathetic for me would have been no help was offered. No solution was found. Or no thanks was given when help was given.......
    03-30-13 01:46 PM
    BTW, no need to do battery pulls anymore (and you will hardly need to reboot) but if so HOLD down power button for 2-3 secs and you see restart icon at bottom of screen. Hit that and phone restarts, if you change your mind just hit cancel button at bottom also
    03-30-13 02:23 PM