I'm a die-hard blackberrier mainly for the years of easy linking to work emails through Blackberry internet Service or Outlook Web Access. I've bought a z10 and cannot get my work emails through either. I know the settings are right as I can use OWA on my desktop ..just not my phone
    I've spent frustrating hours trying. Can anyone help!
    03-30-13 10:18 AM
    The Z10 has active sync why do you need OWA

Posted via CB10
    kefoxy likes this.
    03-30-13 10:23 AM
    I'm a die-hard blackberrier mainly for the years of easy linking to work emails through Blackberry internet Service or Outlook Web Access. I've bought a z10 and cannot get my work emails through either. I know the settings are right as I can use OWA on my desktop ..just not my phone
    I've spent frustrating hours trying. Can anyone help!
    Use Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync setup to get your email.

Username - your username or email address
    Email Address - your email address
    Password - your account password
    Server Address - your owa server url
    03-30-13 10:26 AM
    I have tried that for hours with no luck, it just doesn't work...either I am doing something wrong or active sync isnt enabled
    03-30-13 10:30 AM
    Error message -the server is not respondinf, the server name in your accounts settings might be incorrect ( it isnt) or the server might be temporarily offline ( it isnt OWA works fine on desktop)
    03-30-13 10:32 AM
    I have tried that for hours with no luck, it just doesn't work...either I am doing something wrong or active sync isnt enabled
    Are going through the advance option when setting up accounts. For exchange setup you don't just setup a regular email.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:36 AM
    Error message -the server is not respondinf, the server name in your accounts settings might be incorrect ( it isnt) or the server might be temporarily offline ( it isnt OWA works fine on desktop)
    I think you should ask your IT (or service provider) department for correct credentials like OWA Server address and username - they may differ from credentials for OWA access.
    03-30-13 10:39 AM
    Yes and I'm certain of all the details except
    Description
    Domain
    and I've left the default settings for port/SSL/VPN/PUSH etc at the end of the advanced settings
    03-30-13 10:40 AM
    It used to be BB strength, bomb proof email set up without having to get techs from work willing to help. I'm pretty surprised the whole easy email thing is actually missing. it used to be such a simple thing!
    03-30-13 10:42 AM
    You have to verify with IT that EAS is setup for your account 1st, because if it's not, you won't have any device access through EAS. If it is, you need to ask which version of Exchange your enterprise uses, because there are some limitations in older releases. Finally, if it is setup for EAS and your account is EAS enabled, you would need the exact logon credentials, especially the specific domain name it resolves to.

In our case, we use a .ca domain, but if you enter the domain suffix, (.ca) it does not work. That may or may not be an issue with your setup, if your enterprise is EAS enabled.

You need to contact your IT group.

Account description is not important, as it's not used for login. That's only for your identification as it appears on the account, nothing more.

Domain, however is and won't work without it or with the wrong entry. Your domain could be your company domain name on the web...start with that and try with and without the domain suffix, ie; .com / .ca / .org...etc...
    elgolfman and Cass Davenport like this.
    03-30-13 10:42 AM
    Yes I will do that, thanks. Soooooo disappointed to find BB email NOT a dream...its what I buy BB for
    03-30-13 10:44 AM
    I'm sure once you get to the bottom of it, you will be quite happy. I employ EAS and it is better than BES/ BIS ever was for us.
    Cass Davenport likes this.
    03-30-13 10:46 AM
    Yes, I just hope it is possible for without work emails, I should be lost!
    03-30-13 10:52 AM
    Yes I will do that, thanks. Soooooo disappointed to find BB email NOT a dream...its what I buy BB for
    Be sure it takes less than minute to setup MSE so the only problem in this case is your logon credentials.
    03-30-13 10:54 AM
    Im thinking its my domain name that is the issue. On OWA it was shown as domain/username and on this there are 2 different boxes and I don't really know what the domain name for my account is.
    03-30-13 11:00 AM
    Same issue here...
    03-30-13 11:01 AM
    You have to use Domain\username.

Also, You may have locked your account out so even though all is right it won't work.

I would test your credentials via a Web browser on computer first. If that works you are not locked out. Then try it with domain\username

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-30-13 11:19 AM
    For example in my case:

Public OWA looks like owa.domain.ru but Server Address for account setup is owa.company_domain.ru.

My WEB OWA username is my exchange_user_name but in this case it's my email address.
    03-30-13 11:19 AM
    It does work on a computer so not locked out.
    I think I now have the domain/user name sorted out and the error message has changes
    It starts to try and access the emails with the message...Checking for supported services and policy information and then after a few seconds " The settings for your account are incorrect, Change your settings and try again"
    I am making some progress here
    03-30-13 11:33 AM
    It does work on a computer so not locked out.
    I think I now have the domain/user name sorted out and the error message has changes
    It starts to try and access the emails with the message...Checking for supported services and policy information and then after a few seconds " The settings for your account are incorrect, Change your settings and try again"
    I am making some progress here
    Please use backslash NOT slash. It should be \

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-30-13 11:42 AM
    It used to be BB strength, bomb proof email set up without having to get techs from work willing to help. I'm pretty surprised the whole easy email thing is actually missing. it used to be such a simple thing!
    That's what the IT techs are for don't know what company you work for but where I am the techs are always willing and able to help. If you have a company email its their job to make sure you can access it. It's not a question of them "Willing" to help you!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:43 AM
    Go to testexchangeconnectivity.com to test out your settings.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:43 AM
    I did that and every step succeeded except the last one with the following error message

An ActiveSync session is being attempted with the server.
    Errors were encountered while testing the Exchange ActiveSync session.

Test Steps

Attempting to send the OPTIONS command to the server.
    Testing of the OPTIONS command failed. For more information, see Additional Details.
    Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details
    An HTTP 403 error was received because ISA Server denied the specified URL.
    03-30-13 11:52 AM
    I starting to feel some optimism being around you guys...thanks for your help this far.
    03-30-13 11:53 AM
    Sorry ..i was using \ just posted the wrong one here
    03-30-13 11:55 AM
110 123 ...