Why if I want to write on my Blog from my BlackBerry, WordPress needs to have access to my pictures, contacts, etc? Wtf?!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:15 PM
    Why if I want to write on my Blog from my BlackBerry, WordPress needs to have access to my pictures, contacts, etc? Wtf?!
    What if you are writing an article and need to upload a pic. WordPress needs access to your photos in order to allow you to select a pic to upload.
    03-29-13 03:18 PM
    And send it to others?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:40 PM
    It is clear for me that they want more info than what it is needed.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:45 PM
    It is clear for me that they want more info than what it is needed.
    Sometimes in order to gain access to an API, you need access to others. That could be the case here. I know on Android I have to gain access to certain API's that I won't even use in my app, but are related to something like the camera.

WordPress is reputable so I wouldn't worry about it, but I know where your're coming from.
    03-29-13 03:51 PM
    So when apple or android doesn't even ask it's ok? lol

Quit being paranoid, the app needs access to your files if you want to upload from your phone for images videos etc....
    03-29-13 03:56 PM
    NickA wadaya mean, you know where am coming from? I love BlackBerry and WordPress but I just wanted to know, that's all.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:01 PM
    SparkyBC am not paranoid, I've been just curious on why they need access, apparently you don't have the answer and talk about Android and if I want blablabla, bring answers to my question like NickA, if not look for the Post: We are ******** about Question we don't have the answers to. I'm looking for help here.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:05 PM
    Is it native or sideload?
    03-29-13 04:23 PM
    It says WordPress for BlackBerry, but it is not a native App, I wish it was one.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:59 PM
    Is it native or sideload?
    03-29-13 06:15 PM
    It's the official android por available in AppWorldt. It needs those access to work. And guess what... It asks for the same right on the PlayBook and on the 9780.

If you don't wanna deal with permissions, find the mobile interface plugin and use the browser. Case solved.
    03-29-13 06:50 PM
    NickA wadaya mean, you know where am coming from? I love BlackBerry and WordPress but I just wanted to know, that's all.

Posted via CB10
    I just meant that it's annoying sometimes when an app wants access to something and you don't know why.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 06:59 PM
    Yes, man, you are paranoid.
    The only thing they could do is sell your usage patterns and info to some other big companies, and there is no way to avoid it. It's almost always in every EULA.

A blogging app asking for pictures in case you want to upload one, contacts you can share an article with them (most likely). If you believe in big corporate evil, deny permissions. Unless it's essential, the app will still work, like camera access on a camera app.

Some devs chose to explain permissions. But I agree, it should be a standard. The way things are now, the OS tells you what said app could potentially do, which might scare the end user away.
    03-29-13 07:03 PM
    It is an Android port available in BlackBerry World. No need to side load.

On an Android device, the WordPress app asks for the same permissions.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 07:05 PM
    Thanks for your answers, I understand a bit better now.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 02:37 AM