Yes thats right bed side mode sucks! Please tell me why my phone turns a bright screaming white light while I'm trying to sleep!

I'll be trying to fall asleep then suddenly when in bedside mode the phone will emit a bright light waking me up for no ^%#*^%*#$ good reason.

Yes this bright light is the active frames or some screen that is waaay too bright for sleeping!!!

You gotta think that BB engineers are:
    a) vampires
    b) not using a z10 during the sleep phase of life.

This is driving me and the girlfriend nuts. Why is bedside mode so crappy and wakes us up at night??
    03-28-13 06:12 PM
    ? I have definitely not experienced this phenomenon. In fact, my problem is that I find the clock is rather dim Are you running other apps at night?
    anon(4018671), AbAll87 and brout like this.
    03-28-13 06:14 PM
    What the heck are you going on about? I use BSM every night, and it never does that. what your explaining sounds like the alarm going off, in a perpetual snooze mode....without sound
    AbAll87 likes this.
    03-28-13 06:19 PM
    I came here to say this - and this fella right here saved me the rickety ticky typing it out!

What the heck are you going on about? I use BSM every night, and it never does that. what your explaining sounds like the alarm going off, in a perpetual snooze mode....without sound
    allstar0088 and AbAll87 like this.
    03-28-13 06:21 PM
    You sleep staring at your phone screen? Lol the bed side mode works as it's supposed to
    billsterjito, pels_17 and AbAll87 like this.
    03-28-13 06:21 PM
    nope. just seems like the phone randomly turns on and blasts us with light. even if it a message of some type while in bedside mode we shouldn't be bothered by it. For instance last night the phone lit up 3 times before I learned she always turns it upside down.

why would the phone light up in bedside mode?
    03-28-13 06:22 PM
    You sleep staring at your phone screen? Lol the bed side mode works as it's supposed to
    Well I suppose bedside mode does suck then !

Seriously, why is the phone while in bedside mode turning on? Your response is worthless.
    03-28-13 06:24 PM
    nope. just seems like the phone randomly turns on and blasts us with light. even if it a message of some type while in bedside mode we shouldn't be bothered by it. For instance last night the phone lit up 3 times before I learned she always turns it upside down.

Is it still on the beside mode clock screen when it does this?
    03-28-13 06:24 PM
    Have you got some app luke hub++ installed with pop up activated? Dunno just seems weird my BSM works fine with the calm orange

Posted from my Zed 10*CA*
    03-28-13 06:27 PM

I have been using BSM every night since the day I got it. Have not experienced the disturbance you describe.
    03-28-13 06:28 PM
    ? I have definitely not experienced this phenomenon. In fact, my problem is that I find the clock is rather dim Are you running other apps at night?
    No apps are running but I've noticed that while having turned the brightness of the screen up the clock when in bedside mode which is a red/orange is also too bright.

So there are two problems, screen is too bright (I think it used to dim) and the phone screen will suddenly turn on in the middle of the night making the room bright. Obviously this P*sses us off at any hour of the night.
    03-28-13 06:29 PM
    I have been using BSM every night since the day I got it. Have not experienced the disturbance you describe.
    Sweet! I'm happy for you. I wish I could narrow down the cause. I want to do a complete wipe but because LINK has been unreliable I don't want to risk an incomplete backup/restore especially with calendar entries!
    03-28-13 06:32 PM
    Another type of false story just to bash.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    baolam86, allstar0088 and pels_17 like this.
    03-28-13 06:32 PM
    you are wrong! PERIOD!
    joski likes this.
    03-28-13 06:33 PM
    Yes thats right bed side mode sucks! Please tell me why my phone turns a bright screaming white light while I'm trying to sleep!

I'll be trying to fall asleep then suddenly when in bedside mode the phone will emit a bright light waking me up for no ^%#*^%*#$ good reason.

Yes this bright light is the active frames or some screen that is waaay too bright for sleeping!!!

You gotta think that BB engineers are:
    a) vampires
    b) not using a z10 during the sleep phase of life.

This is driving me and the girlfriend nuts. Why is bedside mode so crappy and wakes us up at night??
    Dude, your phone's broken. Do a complete back up and a security wipe and a full OS reload. What your phone's doing isn't right, but it's not part of BSM.
    03-28-13 06:34 PM
    Maybe you forgot to turn off the notification.
    03-28-13 06:34 PM
    Another type of false story just to bash.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    If that were true, OP would not be pursuing a solution.

Which I'm sorry OP, I can't think of one (if it isn't something like Hub++ as someone suggested). And I understand your hesitation with wiping the phone as Link is definitely not my favourite piece of software.
    03-28-13 06:35 PM
    you are wrong! PERIOD!
    Your bedside mode isn't working properly. The only time mine turns a bright white is when the alarm is going off.

You may need to do a full wipe to fix it or exchange your phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:37 PM
    Maybe you forgot to turn off the notification.
    The notifications will be turned off automatically in BSM. That's what it is meant to do. Silence and no LED alerts so you can go to bed.
    03-28-13 06:39 PM
    all I want is for the phone screen to stop turning on in the middle of the night. I think it was turning on because of messages or notifications but durning BSM that shouldn't be happening.

this seems to be the case since she got the phone 2-3 weeks ago but I only noticed when I plugged it in for her last night. She kept getting messages and the screen kept turning on when in BSM so it was annoying me to say the least
    03-28-13 06:39 PM
    Okay...when the screen goes bright, can you explain what you see? (ie bright white background with clock numbers in black, or just brighter red numbers, or something entirely different?)

Regardless, this is not how it should work, and this is the first I've heard of this
    03-28-13 06:40 PM
    If that were true, OP would not be pursuing a solution.

Which I'm sorry OP, I can't think of one (if it isn't something like Hub++ as someone suggested). And I understand your hesitation with wiping the phone as Link is definitely not my favourite piece of software.
    So is it Hub++ or any of the other LED alert apps that is causing this disturbance to you and your girlfriend?
    03-28-13 06:41 PM
    BTW for clarification, BSM is when you swipe down from the lock screen and you see the orange/reddish clock right.
    03-28-13 06:41 PM
    all I want is for the phone screen to stop turning on in the middle of the night. I think it was turning on because of messages or notifications but durning BSM that shouldn't be happening.

this seems to be the case since she got the phone 2-3 weeks ago but I only noticed when I plugged it in for her last night. She kept getting messages and the screen kept turning on when in BSM so it was annoying me to say the least
    I get a lot of overnight emails due to the different time zones with the UK/US/Europe. If my BSM isn't working, I would be awake all time.
    03-28-13 06:42 PM
    BTW for clarification, BSM is when you swipe down from the lock screen and you see the orange/reddish clock right.
    That's one way, the other is with the clock app open, swipe down select BSM
    03-28-13 06:43 PM
45 12