Just checked out the device unlocking page... don't you guys think $75 is a bit much for unlocking a Z10? I know it's a new phone, but seems a bit excessive to charge so much.
    Just my $0.02.
    03-28-13 04:25 PM
    I was thinking the same thing, i suppose it depends on what it costs to obtain the code
    03-28-13 04:45 PM
    I was thinking the same thing, i suppose it depends on what it costs to obtain the code
    Even with high costs for creating the algorithm to unlock a Z10, the high volume that should be driven from a site like CrackBerry should offset that and result in a lower price.
    03-28-13 10:56 PM
    Just checked out the device unlocking page... don't you guys think $75 is a bit much for unlocking a Z10? I know it's a new phone, but seems a bit excessive to charge so much.
    Just my $0.02.
    I found a place in the local mall were I live that charges $65 to unlock Z10's.
    03-29-13 06:25 AM
    Hi everyone,

The price tag may seem high, but there are a lot of factors to consider. Yes, of course the number one factor would be cost to obtain but also we have a bit higher cost to operate as well. Our orders are processing as quickly as an hour or two right now and we have additional staff on hand to help handle customer service for extended hours. We have a great website built for you guys too. We've tried making it as easy to order as possible and you can track your order in realtime . Again, we understand that $75 is more than the price to unlock legacy devices, but it's a long way off from the original $150 it cost just a few weeks ago. Rest assured we will adjust pricing as things start to get cheaper. If you have any questions, please feel free to send us a message on our contact form or chat with us on our live chat.

Thank you all for your loyalty to CrackBerry.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-29-13 12:25 PM
    Hi everyone,

The price tag may seem high, but there are a lot of factors to consider. Yes, of course the number one factor would be cost to obtain but also we have a bit higher cost to operate as well. Our orders are processing as quickly as an hour or two right now and we have additional staff on hand to help handle customer service for extended hours. We have a great website built for you guys too. We've tried making it as easy to order as possible and you can track your order in realtime . Again, we understand that $75 is more than the price to unlock legacy devices, but it's a long way off from the original $150 it cost just a few weeks ago. Rest assured we will adjust pricing as things start to get cheaper. If you have any questions, please feel free to send us a message on our contact form or chat with us on our live chat.

Thank you all for your loyalty to CrackBerry.
    Dude really? You don't say a few weeks ago it costs $150 to unlock a device? How is that possible when the carriers were charging people $75 to unlock them, the guy I took my device to at the Scarborough Town Centre charged me $65 a few weeks ago and he unlocked it. Your claim simply doesn't make any sense really.
    03-29-13 02:13 PM
    If you paid $65 for a Telus, Bell or Rogers unlock, you actually overpaid. We've been selling those for $30-$45 since day one. Many people are really happy with our service and continue to come back.

Anyway, we don't need to get get into a tit-for-tat argument over it. We're providing this optional service to past, current and future community members. If you don't see any value in it, you're free to shop anywhere you like. That's the beauty of the internet.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:29 PM