hi good day , can some one help me please , when i turn on or off my curve 8310 there is no sound , and my phone is not on quiet or silent mode, when i turn it on or off i need to hear some sound even music if possible. thanks
    10-04-08 11:47 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking about a startup sound, one that plays when the device starts?

If so, it does not play either a startup or shutdown sound.

If you are asking about notifier sounds, the ones that play when you recieve a phone call, that is controlled in Profiles and you can change them in Advance.

10-04-08 11:54 AM
    Did you try a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    The bb doesnt not have a on or off sound. I seem to recall reading about some 3rd party app that will do something like this.
    thanks very much, i am talking about start up sound
    10-04-08 05:44 PM
    It doesn't have a startup sound.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 06:39 PM
    There's no startup sound and I'm glad theirs not. After having a Sidekick with the super long splash screen and annoying sound. But I'm actually surprised that Verizon wouldn't have one on their phone since their so insolent with their VZW wireless O.S that they put on every phone.

10-05-08 05:09 AM
    Startup sounds are soooo annoying lol.. When i had a blackjack2, it would make like this long wind sound every time it started up or went off..Ugggg
    10-05-08 07:32 AM
    Yeah, I like the quiet start-up and shut-down as well.

10-05-08 07:59 AM
    Besides at least for me, my berry is not a phone I ever really turn off except for the occasional reset

10-05-08 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD