I have had a BB9000 on TM for many years with rate:
    BB PREF unlimited email and internet (@19.99/mo)

When I purchased a Z10 from TM this week, CS said I must have an upgrade internet plan: @+$15.month. I said 'no'.

I had a problem with email setup. After unsuccessful solution by TM BB techs, several said I 'MUST' upgrade my plan for the Z10 to work. I said NO.
    Eventually I was transferred to Blackberry support.

Problem solved, I asked the Blackberry rep about the TM requirement to upgrade my plan:
    THE BLACKBERRY REP SAID: ABSOLUTELY NOT. MY CURRENT PLAN WAS ALL THAT I NEED.
    03-28-13 03:12 PM

When I purchased a Z10 from TM this week, CS said I must have an upgrade internet plan: @+$15.month. I said 'no'.

I had a problem with email setup. After unsuccessful solution by TM BB techs, several said I 'MUST' upgrade my plan for the Z10 to work. I said NO.

Problem solved, I asked the Blackberry rep about the TM requirement to upgrade my plan:
    I am glad of that I just ordered a Z10 at Best Buy and I have the same BB plan, with a small voice plan. They said it will take about a week or more Now I just hope t-mobile gets WIFI voice for z10 soon..
    03-28-13 03:41 PM
    I am glad of that I ordered a Z10 at Best Buy and I have the same BB plan, with a small voice plan. First upgrade in many years. Now I just hope t-mobile gets WIFI voice.
    Moral: if you have a TM plan that works on your old BB, then that plan does NOT have to be upgraded to make the Z10 fully operational
    03-28-13 03:47 PM
    Good to know.

Now can i WAIT for the Q or is the Z gonna seduce me shortly ??
    03-28-13 03:55 PM
    >>>>Good to know.
    Now can i WAIT for the Q or is the Z gonna seduce me shortly ?? <<<

plus and minus

Z10:
    plus-large screen,
    minus-I am having a hard time to get used to the virtual keyboard. I am making a lot of errors to type. (I had been using a 9000 with hard kb for many years)

Q10:
    plus-hard keyboard,
    minus-small screen

OS10:
    I like the idea of HUB-you can easily see all of your email and social feeds on one screen.
    I am not sure yet about the native Maps because I am used to Google Maps (but, some versions can be downloaded from appWorld)

IMO:
    I will not upgrade my daughter's or wife's BB9900 too soon. In particular, my daughter only wants a hard KB and I am not sure Q10 will be a big upgrade (Except: the Z10 has a better camera and other camera tricks )
    03-28-13 06:44 PM
    Wow I was told differently by a rep that I had to have a different data plan so I just swapped them. Didnt cost me anything since my old BB plan was $30 and the new one would also be $30
    03-28-13 11:15 PM
    o thats weird they tried to do that to me and add a new line for the new Z10 but we called the next day spoke with someone different and i kept my old bb data plan and no new lines just have to call for activation
    03-29-13 09:14 AM

I must be missing something, because i don't see what the problem is here.. The current unlimited internet plan is $20. If you need BES that is +$5. Before, the unlimited BIS plan was $20, unlimited BES plan was $30. Where did that +$15 come from?
    03-29-13 11:37 AM
    Where did that +$15 come from?
    They wanted to add on a TM unlimited "internet data plan" @15; I already had unlimited on the BB PREF plan @20. Therefore:

current= 20/month
    they wanted 20+15=$35/month

There was no need to duplicate.

I am not a BES customer.
    03-29-13 07:21 PM