NOTE: Before you start this process, Make sure you have the latest OS updates on your device.

I came over from using the iPhone 5 and MS Active Sync to sync my Google GMail, Calendar and Contacts. As you know, you cannot use MS Active Sync for GMail anymore on a new device or non paying GMail accounts. I struggled to get my GMail (Email) to sync back at least 30 days. Here is the method I finally ended up using to set up my GMail accounts on my BB Z10 and it's worked great for me so far:

First of all, I had to set up my GMail (EMail) account separately from my GMail Calendar and Contacts so I could get the option to sync my EMail back 30 days. Here goes:

1. Goto "settings", then "accounts" and select "add account" at the bottom of the screen
    2. Select the "advanced" button at the bottom of the screen
    3. Select "GMail", from the list and then type in your account name, display name, username and pw, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select "initial retrieval amount" and it will have 1, 3, 7, 15 and 30 days for options. I used 30 days.
    4. You can also set the sync interval by selecting the "sync interval" button at the bottom of the screen, I used 15 minutes.
    5. Once you have configured everything hit "done" at the top of the scree, and it will connect to the google server and if everything is correct, your done with the GMail (EMail) portion.
    6. (Optional) Once the GMail (EMail) account has been created, you can select the account and scroll down to the bottom up the screen and select "edit folder settings" and this will enable you to select the folders (labels) you want to sync. Once you have selected the folders you want to sync, select "save" at the top up the screen and your done.

Now it's time for GMail Contacts and GMail Calendar (if your using it)

1.Goto "settings", then "accounts" and select "add account" at the bottom of the screen
    2.Select the "email, calendar and contacts" at the top of the screen
    3.Type in your GMail address and select "next" and it will ask for your password on the next screen, type in your pw and hit "next"
    4.Once it's verified, you will have three switches available, turn the email switch to "off" and leave the "calendar" and "contacts" switches to "on",then select "done" and it will now configure your Google Calendar and Contacts.
    5. (Optional) Once the GMail Contacts and Calendar accounts have been created, you can select the account and scroll down to the bottom up the screen and select "sync interval" and this will enable you to select the sync interval time, I use 15 minutes. Once you have selected the sync time, select "save" at the top up the screen and your done.

I sounds like a redundant process by having to set up my GMail accounts this way, but this is what has worked for me and I am happy camper, I hope it works for you.
    03-28-13 02:08 PM
    Excellent info, will try it as soon as I get home. How about Hotmail, did you try it? I heard that some people get folders support, etc while others do not. Luckily my 17 year old hotmail account is working and all folders, contacts, etc showed up. Users just need to remember to select Advanced in the accounts screen and choose Hotmail.
    03-28-13 04:07 PM
    I haven't tired it with Hotmail, I an a GMail person and the Blackberry z10 handles GMail much better then the older Blackberry I had years ago. I hope my instructions work for the folks out there who haven't done it before.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 03-28-13 at 07:57 PM.
    greatwiseone likes this.
    03-28-13 05:36 PM
    I have Gmail, Yahoo and Exchange email addresses and all set up very easily. My EAS is obviously very fast but the others are completely acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:18 PM
    I have Gmail, Yahoo and Exchange email addresses and all set up very easily. My EAS is obviously very fast but the others are completely acceptable.

Posted via CB10

Do you use Outlook? Do you also have the problems of not getting the reply arrow on desktop when you reply to an e-mail from BB?
    03-29-13 01:56 PM
    Sorry but I haven't used outlook since I converted from PC to the Mac OS platform a few years back.

I am only using GMAIL for my Email, Contacts and Calendar at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:20 PM
    This worked great.

Tip of the hat to you.
    03-30-13 12:02 AM
    No problem, glad to post stuff on the CB forum that will help folks get more familiar with the z10, I learn something new myself every day.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 03:40 AM
    So, when reading or deleting email from Gmail on the Z10, it does not seem to sync up with my gmail on the computer? Anyone get that working?
    03-30-13 07:39 AM
    So, when reading or deleting email from Gmail on the Z10, it does not seem to sync up with my gmail on the computer? Anyone get that working?
    Its should sync with you GMail account and your PC fine? If you delete an email, it will show up in the "all mail folder" in your gmail account instead of the trash folder. And remember your are using push, so it might take a few minutes for you desktop to update if you delete an email on your phone.
    03-30-13 10:43 AM
    The problem is Google 2 step authentication App password

When you setup gmail account normally if you have 2step authentication, bbz10 will not recognise your normal login gmail passoword. But it will recognise the Google applications special generated password.

Always remember that once you signup for Google 2 step authentication, all your other mobile services linked to that gmail account will either use 1) your normal login gmail password or 2) your Google authenticator applications generated special password
    04-23-13 05:16 PM
    Just me?
    Having a issue after sync my Gmail contacts to Z10.
    After a perfect sync, when I try to edit a contact (Add a phone or change a Name for ex.) the contact simply disappears on the phone.
    I can see the contact in my Gmail web page but nothing in my phone.
    Strange.... Any Idea?
    04-24-13 12:14 PM
    I got sick of this and removed Gmail altogether from my phone.

Outlook.com allows EAS and works well. Google doesn't want to play nice with the other eco-systems out there? I say it's time they know by dropping it.

I forward all my mail from my gmail account to outlook.com now....

There are two options:

Manual: Outlook Blog - Upgrade from Gmail to Outlook.com in 5 easy steps
    Automate: Use Welcome to TrueSwitch. Ensure a successful move to your new Internet account

All this on top of their duplicate contact issues on all handheld devices except Android.

Regards
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-24-13 12:28 PM
    Thanks Ronald. Setting up Mail/Contacts/Calendar separately with the settings you described was the only way it worked properly for me.
    06-13-13 07:11 AM
    I did it this way and everything is great except when I delete or read emails on my phone it takes a very long time for that to become updated on the mailbox itself (Gmail etc). Same thing the other way around, super annoying -- its near instant on iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:31 AM
    This worked perfectly for me!
    11-26-13 02:13 PM
    Confirmed this was the correct salution for my Q10
    Thank you
    05-28-14 06:45 AM
    I did my Gmail setup the same way as the original post except I didn't do a separate one for calendar and and and contacts. After Gmail is setup but automatically synced my contacts and calendar - I think I give you an option for items to sync. I may have picked all - email, contacts and calendar.

Calendar and Contacts work perfect with Gmail. No duplicates..it syncs both ways without a glitch.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 04:58 PM
    I was shared a Gmail calendar and I can see it on my desktop browser but I could not see it on BlackBerry calendar on phone. Is this normal? Shouldn't I be seeing their calendar also on the BlackBerry calendar?

BBQ10
    05-28-14 09:52 PM
    Thanks a lot man, it worked for me
    10-07-15 04:56 AM
    Since Google is turning into another Apple trying to block or make things proprietary like eliminating mirrorcast so we have to buy Chromecast or like you said is now charging for simple features, I wonder what is to come next. Since joining BlackBerry I am already pissed with Google in that they block GPS. I am sure they could provide a second tier version of the service just to get the apps working on other devices. After all a second class experience can only lead to migrating to a first class one and they can collect more data.
    With MS now being the underdog they are probably being the most cooperative one out of the bunch and I like and sync their services for calendar (which there is a working calendar in the Amazon store that works fine), contacts, email and cloud.

I think everyone should pause and take a second look at MS. When I had an android phone I only signed into my Gmail but synced everything to MS account. Screw Google!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:33 AM
    I have to write and thank you so much for this wonderful piece of advice. I know it was 2013 and we are now in Feb 2016, but I spent ages sufing the net for help with gmail and my new Q10, and finally fell gratefully on your advice which has worked perfectly. thank you again.
    02-20-16 05:44 AM