Z10 over night battery usage. The last two nights I have left my Z10 off the charge. It uses in 8 hours 30 to 40% of the batter.
    Are you guys leaving on charger at night?
    Then why so much batter usage. I have the wake up alarm on and phone calls only. I have WIFI on, Bluetooth off, NFC off. I have an Exchange account that is push. Does the Z10 use that much battery just sitting there? Wow this will be terrible stand by battery.
    03-28-13 09:56 AM
    I do have BB Travel and have seen negative comments on battery drain so I have deleted it. I like the app but only travel two or three times per year. I could reinstall when I have a trip. Or I can reinstall after the bugs are worked out. Maybe that is my issue or one of my issues.
    Are people leaving on the charger at night?
    03-28-13 10:11 AM
    I do have BB Travel and have seen negative comments on battery drain so I have deleted it. I like the app but only travel two or three times per year. I could reinstall when I have a trip. Or I can reinstall after the bugs are worked out. Maybe that is my issue or one of my issues.
    Are people leaving on the charger at night?
    That could be it - give it a try and monitor to see the progress.

Does your room have poor coverage? Maybe your phone is trying constantly to get signal hence draining you battery. 30-40% seems like a lot overnight.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10!
    03-28-13 10:13 AM
    get battery guru... you can monitor your battery and get a better analysis of usage with it!
    03-28-13 10:14 AM
    I leave mine off charger at night. WIFI on. Push Exchange account and one other. Usually leave FB and Twitter apps running because I forget to close them. Uses about 10% battery in 8 hours, or almost exactly what my iPhone 4S did.
    03-28-13 10:30 AM
    Try it one night with WiFi of. There are some constellations where the Wifi drains the battery.
    03-28-13 10:53 AM
    BB travel deletion really seemed to help. I think that may have been the issue. I will see how tonight and tomorrow go.
    03-28-13 08:23 PM
    BB Travel was just updated today with battery performance enhancements to address the battery issue, so if you really use it, it might be safe to reinstall now. And the main problem with BB Travel was the constant check by the app for trip information, etc... so it was constantly working in the background. Even without the update, turning off that trip check thing helped completely with the battery drain issue.

Aside from that, make sure all your active frames are closed if possible, and some say Bedside mode drains the battery too, so maybe keep it out of bedside if you are using it. It also depends on how much service you have... If Wifi is on but the signal is poor, the battery drains faster (and that goes for the mobile network too).

At night, I usually have all active frames closed, Wifi on, bedside mode off, and phone profile on Silent. Battery usually wont drain more than 7-10% over a 6-8 hour period. Some nights it might only drain 5%. Just do a little tinkering and see what works best for you, depending on your situations to all of the scenarios mentioned.
    03-28-13 08:34 PM