Hi all,
    Firstly - loving the Z10!!!

Does anyone know where to get a decent version of Skype to side load or at least any news on the launch of a native app?

Cheers
    Krislad

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 04:56 PM
    Skype will be an android port not native. Use search it's been discussed numerous times.
    03-27-13 05:12 PM
    Hi,
    I've tried the search and the version I found didn't work. Think it was on goodereader. Not sure if anyone has found a working version.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 05:16 PM
    You don't seem to understand, there is no working version of Skype yet, the team has announced it was coming and that it would be an android port, it's not released yet

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:20 PM
    I think he understands and I agree with him, I went to the goodreader site and found an Android skype version (not native), and when I sideloaded it, kept getting the error unable to connect to server.

So is there an android version of skype that we can sideload that works?
    Roy
    04-01-13 01:29 PM
    I think he understands and I agree with him, I went to the goodreader site and found an Android skype version (not native), and when I sideloaded it, kept getting the error unable to connect to server.

So is there an android version of skype that we can sideload that works?
    Roy
    Short answer is no. Sorry

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 01:29 PM
    I have a working version of Skype on my z10 that I had sideloaded yesterday morning. So far so good

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 02:09 PM
    I believe the current side loaded versions only allow text chat.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 02:10 PM
    Will our version allow video chat? That's the only reason I want Skype.

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-03-13 08:17 PM
    give us the Skype version that works with you but do you make video calls?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:03 PM
    I have a working version of Skype on my z10 that I had sideloaded yesterday morning. So far so good

Posted via CB10
    Actually?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:22 PM
    That's what I'm trying to find out I want to video chat through Skype with family...

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 11:47 PM
    Actually?

Posted via CB10
    Likely not fully functioning I could be wrong but if a side loaded version worked this whole forum would be talking about it.

Hopefully a version will be out soon.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-05-13 12:11 AM
    just like the playbook
    04-06-13 03:51 AM
    No version working yet and, similarly, no viber working ! And this is a tactical mistake not to assure that the functions found in these 2 programs were not working concurrent with the release of z10. BlackBerry can't wait for developers on strategic programs... since the z10 is not new cell phone technology, BB should (have) fund(ed) its own development or pay certain vendors to assure that programs/functions are available.
    Skype, and perhaps the functions of Viber, represent 2 such strategic programs from about 20 still not available for os10. This will stymie the added sales that BB needs today as well as having any hope of matching, let alone exceeding Apple/Android and probably Windows. "We" don't need Tony Robbins talk, Z10 current (and especially potential) users need results before the phone is outdated (or before they buy). By June 1, the Window for z10 to revive BlackBerry (as a company) may be closed. By next December holiday shopping, the Z10 likely will be past its prime and definitely have dimmed from the industry spotlight. (It may prove to be a fatal mistake to leave the future of Z10 to outside vendors already in bed with its 3 largest competitors that account for ~95% of new cell sales. BlackBerry must get away from conventional wisdom where development of critical apps are concerned or its Z10 will be relegated to that of exotic toy and/or backup phone. Therefore, ENOUGH postings on SKYPE...It will not work on the Z10 a/o April15 (and into its 2nd year post Beta intro) and Nothing more need be said on this thread until it is made to work ... which is hopefully very, very soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:32 AM
    No version working yet and, similarly, no viber working ! And this is a tactical mistake not to assure that the functions found in these 2 programs were not working concurrent with the release of z10. BlackBerry can't wait for developers on strategic programs... since the z10 is not new cell phone technology, BB should (have) fund(ed) its own development or pay certain vendors to assure that programs/functions are available.
    Skype, and perhaps the functions of Viber, represent 2 such strategic programs from about 20 still not available for os10. This will stymie the added sales that BB needs today as well as having any hope of matching, let alone exceeding Apple/Android and probably Windows. "We" don't need Tony Robbins talk, Z10 current (and especially potential) users need results before the phone is outdated (or before they buy). By June 1, the Window for z10 to revive BlackBerry (as a company) may be closed. By next December holiday shopping, the Z10 likely will be past its prime and definitely have dimmed from the industry spotlight. (It may prove to be a fatal mistake to leave the future of Z10 to outside vendors already in bed with its 3 largest competitors that account for ~95% of new cell sales. BlackBerry must get away from conventional wisdom where development of critical apps are concerned or its Z10 will be relegated to that of exotic toy and/or backup phone. Therefore, ENOUGH postings on SKYPE...It will not work on the Z10 a/o April15 (and into its 2nd year post Beta intro) and Nothing more need be said on this thread until it is made to work ... which is hopefully very, very soon.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent rant. Disagree on all counts. Let's start of with the first portion. Please list the 20 applies that if not provided will stall the growth. And did anyone incl Thor ever think rim would match or exceed the market share of apple and android with the z10? From day 1 this has been an attempt to secure the #3 spot first and foremost.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-07-13 11:30 AM
    wait until os10.1 comes out at the end of the month.

If you did your research viber and skype have confirmed to make an app for bb10. They are taking a while but it's coming. Personally I think that it won't be able to support those apps until 10.1 basing off just a bunch of rumours (no real proof). The only apps who didn't sign with Blackberry is Instagram and Netflix so far but the sideload works perfectly fine.

Blackberry is just looking for the number 3 spot which has basically already happened with all the sales. So far the Americans haven't picked up on it because the launch wasn't the greatest but it'll get there.

App wise the phone is fine for now.
    04-15-13 05:44 PM
    Against my own suggestion, another note for a little clarification here (albeit provided in detail elsewhere in other posts/forums). It would be great if Skype is indeed ready for 10.1 a few weeks down the line. Better late than never, or at least for those that haven't yet bought their BB expecting a few universal basic apps, or who bought another brand (or returned) after concluding OS10 yo be inferior at this time.

If BlackBerry is serious about continuing ad a niche player that provides a tool, than it must move very fast. The half life of the Z is 6 mths; maybe the Q, with its traditional keyboard, will be 9mths. As the OS10 functionality, at best, may be on par with the Apples and Samdroids, time is of the essence.

True enough that the goal was to never overrun the half billion + Apple users nor the even more Samdroids. Rather it is to make a good showing while also keeping a watchful eye on Msft. and windows 8. Apple and Msft are well already positioned for next generation that will feature integration of handheld, desktop, and cloud then TV/cable all into one.

With this in mind, it is important to have Z/Q sales make an assault on the numbers for Apple and/or Samsung's most popular models for a month or two when BB marketing is at its peak and before BB is forced to swim upstream against new Samsung and Apple intros. (Again, of course BlackBerry will not overtake the Big Two.)

Only then is BlackBerry likely to find renewed marketing and financial viability but only with 50mm+(?!?) phones out the door, and priced close to intro $, by years end. ... Long Way to go for "our" publicly traded company.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:14 PM