Who has been vetting OMG reactions out of people that have the device shown to them; be it friends, family ,colleagues etc?

Has anyone actually persuaded another to purchase the device or at least have great interest in purchasing the device?

Have you overheard others raving about the device?

Share your stories
    web99 likes this.
    03-27-13 02:58 PM
    In my travels doing my computer work over the rural area in Canada that I live... I know of 19 people who trekked to Rogers to buy Z10.... How I know I my phone rings off the hook for help.... ( could retire if I charged for it ).... As I have posted before ... just show it to people and it sells themselves....... What surprised me is the crossover from Apple... Android is not so big where I live.....About 60% of the people who switched came from Apple and to a person complained how bored they were bored with the phone since Apple has not really come out with anything new... unsure if the rest of the country is the same as Canada is a huge country ... but in my corner of the world.. the device sells itself....
    missing_K-W and web99 like this.
    03-27-13 03:03 PM
    The word of mouth and the showing of the device to others is what has led to the huge UK and Canada success. This will work in the US as well. Especially when a million olus devices are in the wild
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-27-13 03:24 PM
    I got my hair cut last month and was shooting the **** with my barber (some girl in her mid-late 20s). Anyways, I mentioned I bought a new phone, the Z10. She immediately said "Ewww I hate blackberry" and went on to proudly proclaim she had an Android phone. Since I'm a pretty big proponent of BB (I had a 9900 previously), I asked her if she had even seen the new phone yet - she admitted she hadn't. So I pulled it out of my pocket and swiped up to turn it on. I almost **** my pants laughing at the "O" face she made when she saw it. She said "THATS A BLACKBERRY??!?!" and I told her it was. I swiped around showing her a few cool features like the hub and stuff, and then took a pic of her and her colleague with Time Lapse and showed them how you can rewind faces and stuff. I felt like I was Jesus born again to them, they were nearly speechless. She kept repeating "Wow - thats a blackberry I could actually see myself using!"

After I was done getting trimmed up, I went to pay, and at the counter she pulled out her Android phone... I think it was a Galaxy Ace 2, and I chuckled as she swiped through her app drawer and it had VERY visible stuttering and lag. She looked kind of embarrassed by it at it, and had clear, newfound disdain for the device after playing with mine.

This is the same **** I see time and time again with people. They immediately proclaim BB is garbage etc. based on old experiences with it, or "popular opinion" but as soon as they play with it, they love it and think it's great. The thing that will sell this phone isn't TV ads, its getting phones into peoples hands, and word of mouth. Once people play with it - they fall in love.
    missing_K-W, ErinnM, web99 and 3 others like this.
    03-27-13 04:04 PM
    I really enjoy reading these stories
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-27-13 05:06 PM
    Nice maybe she converted

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 02:10 PM
    Awesome story. That is hilarious. Pretty sure people relate Blackberry to the Curve. Lol
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    03-30-13 02:13 PM
    Who has been vetting OMG reactions out of people that have the device shown to them; be it friends, family ,colleagues etc?

Has anyone actually persuaded another to purchase the device or at least have great interest in purchasing the device?

Have you overheard others raving about the device?

Share your stories
    I got 3 of my friends to buy the phone.. one from a dumb phone, one from Android, and one from iPhone.. honestly, it sold itself, just showed them the dev alpha and a few of its features.. their mind had totally changed about BlackBerry, just gotta get it into their hands!

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-30-13 03:16 PM
    I met with a guy last week. During a down time in our conversation we both pulled out our phones. He had an iphone, and I had my z10. He knew the phone right away and commented how nice the new Blackberry is.

I just smiled and said they are amazing.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-30-13 06:57 PM
    I got two colleagues at work and a waitress at a JackAstors bar that I frequent to switch after giving them displays of all the cool features on my Z10. Two of them previously had iphone 4S's and one had a Samsung galaxy S2.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-30-13 07:19 PM
    I showed the time shift camera to a lady at work who uses an iphone 5.

The first thing she said was "I think apple just lost me as a customer".

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 12:25 AM
    I showed my phone to a friend at work. The next day he walked in with one! Now his sister has one also
    . They were both iphone users.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 01:04 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great stories... shows that the phone IS awesome...more people actually see it!

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-31-13 01:57 AM
    Really good to see how the z10 is impacting others. That's great in many ways.
    03-31-13 02:08 PM
    The Z10 has attracted me far more attention than anything I've ever done. I constantly have people asking me "Is that the new BlackBerry?!" or something like that. Everyone seems to love it, and I've had quite a few people say they'll consider purchasing it in the future. There was one incident in specific that I found very humorous. A kid and his father were peering over my shoulder on the bus as I was going about my business on the Z10 - checking emails, browsing the web, stuff like that. Father says, "Wow, must be a new iPhone!" The kid then responds "No dad, that's the new BlackBerry!" Father's jaw proceeds to drop to the floor
    BBVegasGirl80 and Vorkosigan like this.
    03-31-13 02:16 PM
    I was at work on break using the browser on my Z10. There was about seven others in the break room, when a cook stopped behind me and blurted out, "Is that the new BlackBerry?" I answered, "Yeah, its pretty nice" while swiping around the screen showing him the Hub and around the OS. He seemed very impressed. So far, there hasn't been any BlackBery bashing
    03-31-13 04:49 PM
    I pursuaded a friend of mine to get one, she got it Thursday, had me sideload Instagram Friday, and now she's happy.