If this posted somewhere I apologize I could not find it so feel free to point me in that direction and ignore this thread. Is the VZW BBZ10 an international phone in the sense that it will be able to handle gsm sim cards when roaming? And if it is will the sim card slot be left unlocked like they have done recently with the iPhone 5 and I believe the HTC DNA (don't quote me on that I just remember one of the big name android phones but not which one specifically). This is important to me because despite having an upgrade, I don't want to use it because I may have to switch to ATT this summer. I don't want to wait until the summer for a BB10 phone as my 9650 is dying and ideally by switching it would mean I could get a Q10 with my new service plan, but also have the Z10 as a backup in case I like it better. I am willing to buy one outright and one on plan, but not if I won't be able to use it with a gsm carrier in the future. I sure hope Verizon leaves the slot unlocked because that would be ideal. Does anyone know anything about this?
    03-27-13 02:44 PM
    We can only speculate as we haven't seen the VZW Z10 yet. However, based on prior experience, I would say you should switch now. Verizon and Sprint use mobile protocols not used very many other places. Also, if you buy the phone on contract from Verizon, I very much doubt they will unlock it. And, no it won't be unlocked out of the box.

The VZW model is STL100-4. AT&T and T-Mobile use STL100-3.
    03-27-13 03:17 PM
    Also check this thread out with a table that lists the different variants:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-775253/

As far as I can tell, the Verizon Z10 will only be good for LTE on their network and pretty much useless abroad. If you do have the option to move to AT&T, that would be the best option.
    03-27-13 03:52 PM
    Thank you both I appreciate it. Makes the decision tougher but still don't know if i will be able to resist getting one tomorrow on Verizon even if it is only for the short term.
    03-27-13 06:05 PM
    From what I was told the iPhone 5 was sold by VZW as an unlocked device due to some court action. If such is the case, why wouldn't it be possible to be the case also with the Z 10?
    03-27-13 06:26 PM
    The Verizon Z10 is indeed unlocked, but like all other global VZW devices gets EDGE only with an AT&T SIM card.
    04-05-13 01:33 AM