This has happened twice now....

First time. All messages just stop sending. BBM and SMS. I had service and everything else. I restarted the phone and it worked again.

Second time. SMS stopped sending. BBM still would and I could still receive SMS but I couldn't send any. I sent an email as a test and it worked as well. I restarted my phone and SMS worked again.

What's going on here? Any one else?

Posted via CB10
    otothez likes this.
    03-27-13 12:42 PM
    I have experienced delayed sending of texts as well, I thought maybe it was my carrier (AT&T) since I was receiving incoming texts without an issue...
    03-27-13 01:37 PM
    I am with Rogers and I waited for about an hour the first time and half hour the second time. The messages did not send. I even manually clicked "Resend Message" and still no luck

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:47 PM
    I am on Verizon. Sometimes SMS go out. Other times not. I called Verizon and can receive SMS without a problem. So it is does not seem to be the network. But when I tried to send out test messages to the support person nothing went. In fact any SMS I try to send to any contact does not go out.

I read on the Support Forum that there is a known issue with BlackBerry Link but I have not used BB Link. SMS was working when I received the device but stopped intermittently yesterday.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solves?
    03-31-13 07:59 AM
    Did you port your number to a new carrier?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:09 AM
    I'm on Verizon and am having similar problems. Can receive SMS just fine but when I respond to the message the recipient doesn't get it. If I compose a message to the actual telephone number and not the contact I have around a 50% success rate.

This SMS problem is really bad. I need this working or I'm going to have to send back my lovely new z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:37 PM
    And to answer @Jes525. I did not port from another carrier. Been with Verizon with my Bold and now my Z10 with the same number.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:39 PM
    I'm definitely buying!
    03-31-13 08:48 PM
    So I've got an update on this. Apparently my Smart Dialing settings were wrong, specifically the country code wasn't set properly.

This can be set by going into the phone, then settings, then Smart Dialing and then select the correct country code. I'm in the US but it was set as +-1 Unknown.

This phone is a how lot more awesome when I can send and receive text messages.

Feel free to buy one now.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:16 AM
    Yeah was going to suggest checking those settings. Had the same very frustrating problem. Especially b/c 90% of my conversations happen via text.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:11 PM
    On AT&T and send many texts and BBM's daily and no issues for me. Strange...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:16 PM
    I am having somewhat of the same issue. I can not send nor do I receive text messages. I checked the smart dialing settings and they are all ok. Tried doing a security wipe, tried doing a reload of software and nothing. Really getting fed up with these issues.
    04-08-13 12:33 PM
    To all, did you transfer all your files including all SMS from bb6 or bb7 device to your new Z10? I did transfer from 9780 with bb os 6 to my z10. My problem is, the app for SMS is not stable, if i send msgs to a contact it take minutes to be sent and while waiting for it to be sent i can not open any other threads and even though i tried tapping on other sms conversation, they wont open and just keep on opening the thread that i last opened to send the sms until the sms is sent thats the time when i can open other threads..
    04-20-13 05:28 PM
    On Verizon...did transfer msgs from BB Bold via BB Link...I have problems sending txts msgs...incoming seems find but outgoing msgs are delayed for a few seconds up to 2 mins or sometimes they don't go out at all and then the screen locks up...sometimes I have to retype the whole entire message...or sometimes when I hit send, I get the emoticons screen and have to use the back button to get back to the orig message that I was sending that is still sitting there in delay...sometimes, the text screen is distorted (elongated)....very frustrating...I've checked Smart Dialing settings (it's correct)...not sure what the issue is...sometimes the phone reboots itself...it has done that 3 times in the month that I've owned it...other, than that no other apparent bugs but this enough because I txt more than I talk...any solutions are appreciated...I've rebooted and downloaded the latest upgrade...
    04-30-13 10:56 AM
    Hi all.
    I have had slow texts sent also. I'm experiencing something different now. Incoming text stay yellow ( notification) until I reply. It won't go Grey just opening it. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 12:18 PM
    I am also experiencing problems for sending and receiving text messages. It always takes a while to send the msg, and if i leave the screen too quickly it doesnt send at all. im also not even receiving some of my texts. a few of my friends have told me i havent got there texts, but i believe im getting most of them. i have tried to wipe out the phone and reload everything and nothing changed. i am with telus, network seems to be fine, since all other services work great. i transferred all files from an older curve model. prob using bb6 maybe 7 though.
    05-01-13 12:43 PM
    Thanks DCNYC. I checked my smart dialing options and changed it to US and now my contacts are there. It was empty before. I am happy now.
    05-09-13 08:11 PM
    Any updates on this? My girlfriends z10 (verizon) has been having alot of problems with her texting. I tried using her phone the other day and experienced these problems too. Its a very annoying problem as she has to restart her phone just to get sms working again
    06-03-13 10:44 PM
    I've been praying for someone to post about this but I didn't want to be the one to do it... Verizon, same problem here.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:44 AM
    I checked my smart dialing and it was normal. That's not the issue. This is my second z10 and its still a problem. I find that it stops sending texts when I share a tweet to sms. Only sometimes though. Its strange

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 07:01 AM
    Hello all...for ths where it is taking forever for a text to send (like me), I had the following suggested. Go into your hub, click on settings, the text messages, then advanced, and change circuit switched preferred to packet switched preferred. Apparently it has worked for many.......but unfortunately not me. My texts were taking maybe 30 seconds to send.........since installing the latest update yesterday........they are now taking up to 2 minutes. Other than that I am relatively happy with the Z10........but I send a lot of texts........any suggestions of how I can improve this will be gratefully received. Cheers
    06-24-13 04:36 AM
    I can't find where to post this, but I'm having SMS problems with my z10 last couple of days. Things are not shown up as read in my list on the main text screen...
    Z10 text message (SMS) not sending!!-img_00000347.jpg
    The two at the top, that are still yellow, I have read them. Other ones beneath, I have read them, replied, and received replies, but I have to click on them to get the reply that was sent to me. Anyone know how to fix this?
    07-22-13 01:30 PM
    when you are replying do check whether you are actually sending a text message or an MMS.
    Because there is a setting that sets ou default as MMS
    01-12-14 10:49 AM
    I had this same issues yesterday and I think I've found the solution. I had updated last week with no real texting issues until yesterday afternoon. Texts weren't going through, I was getting the "failed to save message" pop-up when trying to send a message, wasn't receiving anything but emails, facebook messaging and BBM was working just fine. When I occasionally was able to send a message it would hang FOREVER or when I went into an exiting conversation thread with a contact it would open up a new message thread like I had hit "compose" and then just hang. I started noticing my phone would get REALLY warm when I was trying to send a text and would stay warm and my battery would just drain even after I had it plugged in. Last night when it did this again I checked my device monitor and it showed Blackberry Blend was had used 85% of my battery life in 24 hours... a new app I don't use and hadn't even set up. I closed it and within minutes my phone had cooled down and my texting/SMS is working like normal. I'm able to send and receive messages just fine. I don't plan on using Blend because I don't own a tablet and don't plan to integrate my z10 with my computer much so closing it doesn't bother me at all.

Check your device monitors and see if this is your issue and let me know.
    03-01-15 11:03 AM